124»

Replies

• sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    fantastic!!! thank you so much for sharing this ;-) I'll make this tomorrow (after a little shopping):flowerforyou:
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Ty ..sounds yummy:flowerforyou:
    Found this on Pinterest 6 months ago and finally tried the recipe today, and it's yummy! I made my mini pies with chicken and broccoli but you can get very creative with the ingredients. Here's the link to the original recipe by Betty Crocker:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/Tips/TipsLibrary/Cooking-Tips/Create-Your-Own-Signature-Mini-Pie

Here's a quick summary of the recipe I picked:

1/2 cup pancake mix
    1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)
    2 eggs
    1 cup chicken
    1 cup broccoli
    a little garlic and onion

I had chicken already cooked (I cook a few pounds at once and freeze in baggies) so I just sauteed the onions and garlic, then added broccoli and chicken for a few minutes just to heat up. Mixed the pancake mix, milk and eggs in a bowl, and sprayed my muffin pan with fat free cooking spray. Here's how you layer it in each muffin cup:

1 tablespoon baking mix
    1/4 cup chicken & broccoli
    1 tablespoon baking mix on top

Cook for 20-30 minutes on 375 degrees. They only took about 10 minutes at 350 degrees in my oven, but... my oven is bad. We'll just leave it at that.

Here are the nutritional figures (will vary a bit depending on the type of pancake mix and milk you use):

57 calories
    2g total fat
    44.5 cholesterol
    86mg sodium
    4.6g carb
    5.5g protein

The best part is that once they're done cooking and cool enough to pop out of the muffin pan, you can freeze them!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kbugsmeemaw
    kbugsmeemaw Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kimberrh6
    Kimberrh6 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    any idea on how to make it crab cake'ish!
  • thoshowski
    thoshowski Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Save for later, thank you.
  • madmamaontherun
    madmamaontherun Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sounds good :)
  • errorika
    errorika Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • stefnicole
    Options
    Bump!
  • phurst00
    phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't know where the OP got her calorie info, but if you go to the Betty Crocker link, the various fillings run about 290 -400 calories for 2 pies (1 serving) so 140 - 200 calories per pie. Fine for a meal, but you need to know that they are WAY higher in calories than indicated.

Yes if you follow the Betty Crocker recipe which calls for 1 cup of shredded cheese as this adds an additonal 440-ish calories. So if you omit the cheese it save about 75 calories per pie bringing the calorie count to about 60. Its all about making smart choices and adjusting the recipes.

Whoa I didn't realize there had been so many replies! And yes, I tweaked the original recipe to make it less calorie dense. I actually sat down with MFP and an excel spreadsheet to figure everything out. Obviously you could add to them to make them more meal-like and you could switch around ingredients to your liking.

Hope everyone enjoys!
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CLL1001
    CLL1001 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Something easy for lunch at work...thanks!