The holidays are going to be hard

Options
124»

Replies

• _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I'm giving myself a break on Thanksgiving day. I'll enjoy my day and move forward the next :)

^^ this exactly.

Eat ALL the food. Especially pie.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm giving myself a break on Thanksgiving day. I'll enjoy my day and move forward the next :)

^^ this exactly.

Eat ALL the food. Especially pie.

Damnit. Now I want pie!!! :grumble:
  • MS0022
    MS0022 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm trying to find a friend to go on the Turkey Trot with me on Thanksgiving and run the 5k, maybe even the 10k. I guess the science behind it is that you won't feel as guilty after indulging all that food, haha.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I'm really worried about Thanksgiving this year (not so much Christmas though, surprisingly...besides my every once in awhile white chocolate mocha cravings). I'll be having two different Thanksgiving meals, one with my boyfriends family and another with my own family.
    Every year I look forward to indulging in my mom's delicious Thanksgiving meal and I don't feel like this year will be any different.

I'm going to just enjoy my one day of overindulging and continue to work hard before and after Thanksgiving.

Sometimes it's okay to have a major cheat day, enjoy yourself!

I love Thanksgiving. Lots of protein. Lots of veggies. Don't drink your calories. Enjoy the potatoes in small doses. Pie crust has a LOT of calories. If you eat pie, eat a little or skip the crust, or go for a good long afternoon walk.

Enjoy.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    too many people worry about what they are eating between thanksgiving and christmas, when they should worry what they are eating between christmas and thanksgiving.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    too many people worry about what they are eating between thanksgiving and christmas, when they should worry what they are eating between christmas and thanksgiving.

YES! *high fives*
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    the most difficult part will be getting in all the food I plan on eating and not being hungover from all the drinking I plan on doing
  • TonyCrux89
    Options
    Last year I was 40 pounds or so lighter.....a lot of family haven't seen me since then....I'm not looking forward t showing off my new poundage, and hearing all the comments, watching them watch me put each forkful to my mouth.....that's what worries me about the holidays!
    I say you look at them directly in the face and shove that forkful into your mouth as they're commenting. Which! BTW...should be kept to themselves. I personally don't mind criticism, unless it becomes a battle of egos or some plain nasty crap. It happens. Have a great Holiday season!
    The holidays are going to be hard? Don't be silly.

Eat and drink whatever you like on the days which are actually holidays. Don't use it as an excuse to go on week long orgies of consumption. Outside of that stick to your plan. Job done.

You need to be consistent not perfect.
    The orgies are what I am usually inclined to do.

quote]
    [/quote]
    This is too great.

If I go over, I'll live and I'll make sure to have good, plentiful meals on these two special days. :happy:
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    I already eat a lot most days anyway so I'm unlikely to eat much more around the holidays.
    Thankfully (haha) in the UK we don't have Thanksgiving, just the Christmas to New Year stretch. Halloween appears to be a recent import and very faddish. Bonfire night is fun but not characteristically associated with lots of eating.
    The only disadvantage for me with the holidays is that I'm either working or back home so I don't get a lot of exercise.
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Enjoy a few meals but workout extra hard at the gym and eat light a few days after to balance it out. Also, I always try to avoid the holiday booze and drink water instead :) Good luck!
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'll go all out on the actual days of Thanksgiving and Christmas. I really don't believe the body can even process a weight gain from one day of eating. But, I'll limit it to just those two days. Every other day it will be logging and healthy foods!
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The UK doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, but I am a little nervous about Christmas. I have told my family I do not want chocolate though, so hopefully they don't get me food treats. That way I can avoid any excess. Also its easy enough to have a few carbs on Christmas day as long as it doesn't go from 1 day to 20!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    The holidays are 3-4 days not months! Eat what you want ON the holidays not the days in between.

What planet do you live on? Who of us here ONLY goes out on the actual holidays?

Normal people get invited to multiple Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year's Eve parties where there are excessive amounts of food, candy, desserts and booze. Not to mention making Christmas cookies and gingerbread houses with the kids, hot chocolate, tasting foods as you cook holiday meals, etc. Yeah technically the holidays are only 2-4 days, but in reality it's not that simple.

OP, in the interest of giving ACTUAL advice, limit yourself to one portion of only the things you would DIE not having. Only your absolute favorites, and leave the rest. Eat off smaller plates, and keep a bottle of water with you at all times. Whenever you get tempted with a treat, tell yourself "I need to drink off this entire bottle before I can eat any of that". 9/10 times for me I don't even want it after I finish the water, or at least east much less than I might have.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat so much food on Thanksgiving and Christmas. You will all be both jealous and disgusted at the same time.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Nobody got fat in one day. And the losses you've had in measurements or the scale # won't suddenly get undone because of one or two days.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I plan on enjoying all the foodz at Christmas keeping my goals in the back of my mind. Realistically I don't think I'll do more than 1lb of actual damage and I'm fairly certain by now I know how to deal with 1 or 2 measley lbs lol

This times infinity
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just the family I brought up in but I'm used to treating holiday eating like regular day eating. We never really did the big meals or anything. So I would say do your best and treat your food intake as you normally would-- if you want something that's calorie heavy, make room for it. Fill up on healthier foods so you don't overdo treats. If there are overages, just work out a bit harder later on.