150 lbs gone and feeling better than ever (w/ pics)

Options
123457»

Replies

• bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    ha ha thanks!!
    Imagine a guy is saying this right now kay?

**** girl you are smoking!!

Seriously, you're ****ing gorgeous, no fair! I also love your hair, ignore that side post :P
  • bobbijodmb
    Options
    I am glad that I could help. I remember feeling bad at times because like you I would see those posts and then be like why am I not losing it that fast. But I am glad that I am losing it this way now because its truly been a lifestyle change !
    Amazing results!

I am so happy to see someone post that it took them quite a while to lose the weight. I keep seeing threads with 100 pounds lost in 6-8 months and it only discourages me more.

I have been at it for about a year and a half and have lost about 35 pounds. I feel better about my slow weight loss now.

Congratulations!!

You are a very beautiful person!!

Thanks for sharing!
  • MyLuvMaya
    MyLuvMaya Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You should be very proud of yourself. Great Job. No stopping you now!
    So anytime I hit any milestones, I like to put a before & during picture up, to hopefully help or inspire someone else, which in returns motivates me to keep going. I started this journey 150 lbs ago. I didn't realize how heavy I was. I realized that my weight was increasing, but the person in the before picture was not how I felt that I looked. I was working on my weight and then was in a car accident-- I couldn't work out for months and I was very down. I dealt with it with eating and this was the heaviest I ever was. There were lots of things to motivate me to start getting lighter and healthier. I also would like to mention that no one has ever said that I should lose weight (at least not to my face)-- my family never addressed it, my friends didn't, doctors, etc. I know it would have been hard to hear, but I wish that someone would have said something. But in October 2008, I decided that it was time for a change. I started working out and started watching what I ate. It took me 4 years to lose 100 lbs. I lost about 25 lbs a year and I was happy about that. Last October I made even more changes and became more focused. I lost the last 50 in the last year. I have about 35-40 more lbs that I want to lose and be the healthiest I ever have been. I realized that this is the smallest I have ever been as an adult and I am loving life. I didn't do anything to fix the problem quick- I didn't starve myself, I didn't get surgery, use laxatives, shakes, juices, or HTC, or anything else. I did it all with diet and exercise. It's been a great journey and I can't wait to see where the rest of it leads. I am excited that at some point soon I can finally have a before and AFTER picture, instead of a before and during picture. Hopefully I can motivate someone else and show you that hard work and a goal can help achieve your goals.

[img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh38/bobbijodmb/weight loss/image.jpg[/img]
  • A_Healthier_Me2013
    A_Healthier_Me2013 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    looking good !!
  • TonyCrux89
    Options
    Looking Good!
  • Whereismycoffee
    Whereismycoffee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    WOW!! and GRATS!! ... but that just does't seem to cover it.

I want to be like you ... well almost :) I want to be on here someday saying I lost that much weight. Thank you for the motivation to keep going.
  • JanetLynnJudy
    JanetLynnJudy Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! Very inspirational. My goal is similar to yours and I love seeing your success!
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    great job:)
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Great job, and thanks for posting, cause I need to remember when I am only losing a few a month, it eventually adds up!!

Proves that slow and steady still wins the race !!
  • skinnymeinthere
    skinnymeinthere Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    IMPRESSIVE!!!
  • samanthab19
    samanthab19 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look amazing :)
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congrats on such an awesome loss!
  • tnozzy
    tnozzy Posts: 52
    Options
    All I can say is wow you look fantastic
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!!
  • angiebmore
    angiebmore Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You definitely inspire me to do better! I started this process in early July and I have list around 20 pounds..... Watching what I eat.....walking 3 times a week..... Right now I haven't been loosing I think it's because I'm not eating enough..... Who would have ever thought that be a problem!...... I'm giving myself a year to loose 60-80 pounds.......but I'm also happy with my results..... What kind of work outs do you do?
  • sunshine1946
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • bobbijodmb
    Options
    I am constantly switching it up--- I do a lot of different things: zumba, jogging on treadmill, elliptical, kickboxing, wii fit, workout videos, walking, kayaking, T25, Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I am constantly just trying to move and stay active now
    Thanks! You definitely inspire me to do better! I started this process in early July and I have list around 20 pounds..... Watching what I eat.....walking 3 times a week..... Right now I haven't been loosing I think it's because I'm not eating enough..... Who would have ever thought that be a problem!...... I'm giving myself a year to loose 60-80 pounds.......but I'm also happy with my results..... What kind of work outs do you do?
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    THIS.... " I didn't do anything to fix the problem quick- I didn't starve myself, I didn't get surgery, use laxatives, shakes, juices, or HTC, or anything else. I did it all with diet and exercise." For me, it's the only way to do it -- and if takes a long time, well, so be it. At least I know I'm developing sustainable habits for good health.

Fabulous story -- and thank you for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!