Lady to give out "you're too fat for candy" letters?

Options

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    2x06-Afternoon-Delight-Animated-gif-Michael-What-No-no-no-no-arrested-development-7915781-300-167.gif
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    that would break my heart -
    I agree - if she feels the need to be proactive for healthy - then hand out the apple/fruit etc.. to feel like she did something to make a difference - but dont do that - or - maybe a note on her reasons for handing out fruit - like we dont eat candy etc... we think its harmful to you etc... but omg - dont say u dont get any cuz your fat - that is horrible :(
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    24y8iu1.jpg
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    She is going to get egged and TP'd!!!

tp-house1.jpg
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    She should keep her fat mouth shut, its not her place. If anyone had ever done that to my child or any child I know now or then, I would so get in her face and she would never forget it. Is she without any flaws to be so bold about what she feels she has a right to say? Who's to say she isn't guilty of child neglect or abuse, perhaps behind closed doors she is a radical who berates her own child for eating anything but celery sticks. She needs to mind her own business and let parents be parents!
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    More power to her, was following a school bus the other day home(sigh) and almost all the kids that got off were obese or at least overweight.

It's the parents place to guide their children on proper eating. Do you even have kids?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I saw that on the news this morning. It seems an obvious cry for attention from the lady. How did the news, or anyone else, hear of her plans unless she announced it?

Sounds like a good way to get your house vandalized to me.
  • StarFit4Life
    StarFit4Life Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If someone ever handed my child a letter that said they are too fat for anything I would most likely punch them in their slim, uppity face.

If they want to have that conversation with me as a parent, that is one thing, but you make my child feel bad (as a complete stranger who knows nothing about my child) and I will eff you up.

ditto!
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    If someone ever handed my child a letter that said they are too fat for anything I would most likely punch them in their slim, uppity face.

If they want to have that conversation with me as a parent, that is one thing, but you make my child feel bad (as a complete stranger who knows nothing about my child) and I will eff you up.
    [/quot

100% in agreement
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    My thought is that she's an attention *kitten* - why go on the radio and announce your intentions days ahead of time? The media really needs to stop making "news" out of people looking for 15 minutes of fame.

Plus she's a b**ch
  • cwrldpc
    cwrldpc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Keep your d**n opinion to yourself and opt out of Halloween if it bothers you that much.

If my girl came away from a house with a letter like that, I would be straight back to have words. I also think I'd gather all the recipients of said letters together to remind her that the choice is 'trick or treat', and in the absence of a treat....

Seriously, though, it's crap like this that leads kids into eating disorders.

1st thought... Lady is a total @$$
    2nd thought... Throat Punch
    3rd thought... This is how eating disorders are created
    4th thought... She's going to have a ton of livid parents at her doorstep.
    5th thought... Throat Punch

Shaming kids will not make them lose weight. It will make them embarrassed, angry, and can lead to depression. I speak from experience. I was very skinny as a kid, but after puberty I put on some weight and I remember the first time someone in my family called me thunder thighs. The irony in that is I would kill to have the body I had then right now.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    More power to her, was following a school bus the other day home(sigh) and almost all the kids that got off were obese or at least overweight.
    If you don't want your kid to get letters, stop sending them around to beg for candy.

I feel like we've got an expert troller here. Then again, people constantly surprise me.

So children should be excluded from a community-supported holiday because they're overweight? I highly doubt that the reason the child is fat is because they participated in Halloween. And it's just as easy for a currently thin child to get fat. Make a movement to stop the handing out of candy at Halloween if it bothers you that much, but don't shame kids into staying inside being depressed.

Also, I liked the comment about jackets and whatnot. I visited Fargo this weekend; it was 42 degrees there. Puffy jackets will definitely be in order.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Brb, drafting my "You're too b**chy for holidays" letter
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If you don't want your kid to get letters, stop sending them around to beg for candy.

GTFO out of here.

It's a tradition. SKINNY KIDS DO IT TOO, DUMB@$$.

I pray for your kids-- future or otherwise.
  • ehorn625
    ehorn625 Posts: 144
    Options
    I'd give her a letter saying that she's too much of a sanctimonious judgmental biaaacchh to live in my neighbourhood and if she knows what's good for her she'll move to a safer part of town. For her health of course.

You took the words out of my mouth. I was going to say they should give her a letter to tell her to lighten up or don't give out candy. What a kill-joy!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Well, if the kids are walking all over town in the freezing ND weather, shouldn't they be eating their exercise calories back anyways?
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My kids wouldn't "qualify" for her letter, so I don't have to worry about how it would impact my kids directly. However, I can NOT understand why someone thinks it's appropriate to invite candy seeking children, of all shapes and sizes, to their door only to drop nasty "in my opinion you're too fat for candy" in their laps....D@MN!!!! That makes no sense from a personal or public health standpoint. She's not helping herself or the kiddos!!!

And, if one of my kids were too hefty to get candy from her, I think I like the person who mentioned the throat punch. Yeah....throat punch.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I think she's a ****ing *****.

It's ****ing Halloween, either hand out your version of healthy, hand out a toothbrush, or hand candy out to everyone. If you're going to be an *kitten* about Halloween, be an *kitten* to everyone.

If I found that in my kid's bag I'd kick her in the taint.
  • brc912
    brc912 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Part of the problem of letting your child trick-or-treat at strangers houses is you have no control over what they are given by any particular house... don't want your kids to get nasty letter? Don't let them go to stranger's houses. Not saying she isn't mean spirited for thinking of doing this, but it doesn't really surprise me that there are people out there like this. I was NEVER allowed to go out to just any house on Halloween growing up... We went to people's houses we knew ONLY. Best way to protect yourself from stupid people, and if a friend/relative was the one handing out that crap, then you have another issue all together!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I hope she gets every bit of attention she is seeking by doing this. Maybe by the fith week of cleaning eggs off your house and replacing flat tires she will come to realize her genius way of getting her 15 minutes of fame wasn't nearly as wise as she thought it would be.

I don't think she is counting on how insanely crazy some parents are out there as well. I'm not sure what part of town she is in but she may come to realize that some parents have spent more than one occasion in jail for assault from someone saying far less to them. Hell, there was a shooting not too long ago in my town bc a persons kid didn't get a piece of birthday cake.

This will not end well for her and I think its pretty obvious she is not doing this bc she is concerned about the childhood obesity problem.