Lady to give out "you're too fat for candy" letters?

Options

Replies

• ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    I don't understand why she hands any candy out. If she feels sugar is bad for the overweight child, why is not bad for the thinner child also. She could give out stickers, cheep toys, or healthy treats. My daughter got pencils, stickers, spider rings, and all kinds of non food treats last year and loved them. By refusing these kids based on size she can hurt them more then help them. They are going to feel singled out and emotionally hurt.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I would $h!t in her mailbox.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Keep your d**n opinion to yourself and opt out of Halloween if it bothers you that much.

If my girl came away from a house with a letter like that, I would be straight back to have words. I also think I'd gather all the recipients of said letters together to remind her that the choice is 'trick or treat', and in the absence of a treat....

Seriously, though, it's crap like this that leads kids into eating disorders.

1st thought... Lady is a total @$$
    2nd thought... Throat Punch
    3rd thought... This is how eating disorders are created
    4th thought... She's going to have a ton of livid parents at her doorstep.
    5th thought... Throat Punch

Throat punch!! I :heart: u!!
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    The women has a point about all the overweight children running around these days, but she doesn't have to do it like this. Just don't give out candy.

But, It blows my mind the amount of obese children I see now. When I was in elementary school there were very few overweight children in my entire school. Now, whenever I'm visiting family back home down south and I take my niece and nephews to school it's shocking. It blows my mind how big these kids are. It's out of control.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Next she'll be telling them there is no Santa...:angry:

300g667434.gif
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    That would have been devastating to someone like me who has always been overweight, but when I was a kid I had severe asthma and allergies and was on steroids so my weight was a little hard to control despite eating right and always riding my bike/running everywhere. She should just not pass out candy at all and keep her mouth shut.
  • hopeinmn
    hopeinmn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oh her house is totally getting egged!!
  • peachcats
    Options
    She's entitled to her opinion because her tax dollars will be paying for your obese child's healthcare.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Yeah, she's so concerned that she contacted a media station, gave them a copy of her letter, but refuses to identify herself. She totally failed as an attention *kitten*. Really fair warning would be nice. If you knew who the lady giving out letters was you could just not take your child there. She might be a stranger, but without disclosing her identity she could be anyone. Maybe a neighbour.

Childhood obesity is a huge problem. There is no denying it, but this is just a really cruel way of addressing it. If you don't want to contribute to it don't give candy to any of the kids. One year I gave out those plastic vampire teeth, halloween erasers, and funky pencils. One year we handed out small halloween books for All Hallows Read instead. I think kids know when they're bigger than their friends...unless kids have changed in the last 30 years at least a few of their classmates remind them of it daily if they happen to forget. They don't need this person ruining what is meant to be a fun night.

And to finish:

If the lady tries to tell you there is no Santa she's lying. The Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy vouch for him so ignore the naysayers!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I saw something about this lady on the news this morning at the gym, it's ridiculous!!! I'm all for people going about trying to help overweight kids in a positive way, this is NOT that. That's just cruel and is likely to get her a black eye. I can definitely say that if that happened to my kids, even if they were overweight, I would be decking someone. I'm glad it's gotten so much attention though so people will be smart enough to just skip her house and leave a nice Eff off letter in her mailbox :)

If she has so much of a problem with the overweight children, just pass out toys, or leave her light off. No reason to be a raging c u next Tuesday about it!
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    She's entitled to her opinion because her tax dollars will be paying for your obese child's healthcare.

Last I checked dead people don't pay taxes.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    But, It blows my mind the amount of obese children I see now. When I was in elementary school there were very few overweight children in my entire school. Now, whenever I'm visiting family back home down south and I take my niece and nephews to school it's shocking. It blows my mind how big these kids are. It's out of control.

Well if they're obese anyways isn't having them run around all night and working for the candy better?
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why she hands any candy out. If she feels sugar is bad for the overweight child, why is not bad for the thinner child also. She could give out stickers, cheep toys, or healthy treats. My daughter got pencils, stickers, spider rings, and all kinds of non food treats last year and loved them. By refusing these kids based on size she can hurt them more then help them. They are going to feel singled out and emotionally hurt.

I think this is why people feel comfortable getting down on her. Were she simply to decline to participate, nobody would bat an eye. But instead she's decided that humiliating kids is preferable to opting out. This makes her a *****. She deserves all the flaming poo, eggs, and toilet paper she gets. She shouldn't be surprised if some kids user her house and car for paintball practice.

My personal tactic would be to take her letter, and make strategic substitutions:

"You are, in my opinion, moderately insane and should not be interacting with the public to the extent of normal people this Halloween season."

My hope is that you will step up as a human being and become a hermit this Halloween and not allow yourself to continue these socially unacceptable and abnormal interactions."

And just keep mailing them .. and mailing them .. and mailing them ..
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    She doesn't give two figs about obesity. She just wants attention.

I've seen Fargo. Put her in the wood chipper.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    My thoughts? There are a ton of people out there with pretty significant personality disorders. She's probably one. Hope she doesn't end up hurting innocent children but if this is how she conducts herself she probably already has. Often.

There's a lot of broken people out there.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I wish someone had given me a letter like this when I was 25.
    Maybe I wouldn't have spent 25 years of my life as a fat cow in denial ...

But little kids? No..
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    She's getting exactly what she wanted.

Attention.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I saw something about this lady on the news this morning at the gym, it's ridiculous!!! I'm all for people going about trying to help overweight kids in a positive way, this is NOT that. That's just cruel and is likely to get her a black eye. I can definitely say that if that happened to my kids, even if they were overweight, I would be decking someone. I'm glad it's gotten so much attention though so people will be smart enough to just skip her house and leave a nice Eff off letter in her mailbox :)

If she has so much of a problem with the overweight children, just pass out toys, or leave her light off. No reason to be a raging c u next Tuesday about it!

I've always preferred Can't Understand Normal Thinking .. it's just so .. apt.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

How's the fishing today? Any bites?
  • Ginastern1
    Ginastern1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    There is a great quote....unsolicited advice is criticism...... no place at Halloween. Crazy nutty mean woman.