Toxins

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Can someone, anyone, please name the "toxins" that we all need to be cleaning from our body?

all of them, duh! are you a moron or something.

iQl6uJBIqcE6A.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Someone once (who apparently was a personal trainer and tossed herself out there as a nutrition expert) told me sodium ...

Now, obviously, if you have certain medical conditions or seriously overdo it, sodium can be harmful. But it's also a necessary electrolyte that we'd die without.

But pure sodium explodes in water--clearly this is harmful and can only be prevented through cleanses.

natrium.gif
    Is that why I keep blowing up???

Explains what happens when I have to go to the bathroom.

Me too, but PMS. Because of all the water retention. And doritos (sodium).
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Can someone, anyone, please name the "toxins" that we all need to be cleaning from our body?

all of them, duh! are you a moron or something.

iQl6uJBIqcE6A.gif

You're on my FL, you should know the answer to that question :laugh:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Juice cleanse. What is it about this phrase that it causes so many panties to immediately wad?

Actually, it was 'toxins" that wadded my panties.

But we take in toxins every day. Lots of them. The air, our water, our food, all have toxins.

Ok. So, how does a fruit/veggie cleanse help me remove these toxins?

I doubt it would. Though I suppose it could limit the number of toxins you take it buy limiting the variety of sources.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    kMgy6Rr.gif

Oh shoot! I think she tripped on a toxin!
  • LoraF83
    Options
    Juice cleanse. What is it about this phrase that it causes so many panties to immediately wad?

But we take in toxins every day. Lots of them. The air, our water, our food, all have toxins.

I doubt it would. Though I suppose it could limit the number of toxins you take it buy limiting the variety of sources.

But then, when the cleanse is over, you go back to consuming them. So, it's more like a stop-gap measure to bring the levels down for a short period of time so you have a little bit of respite?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

That does not list the "toxins" that need to be cleansed.

That is the problem with bro-science, you can talk like Ace Ventura and people will believe you.

But, if you want... a longer search reveals

http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2009/09/what-are-toxins-in-my-body-detox-101.html

I loved all the references in that post, showing the actual evidence of these "toxins" For instance MSG? Better stay away from parmesan cheese, broccoli etc, all high in glutamate content. And lol at referencing LOLstig
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't think so many moliculs and things that make a toxin have names that I know of right off the top of my head of more like a type like biotoxins and enviormental toxins.

Edited because I can't spell today.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images? q=tbn:ANd9GcRB4jmaXNeAawDnIAvdujXZmVuC3Los0OdzzK5LCSCnOzJnUiAT[/img]

I would simplify it for you but I don’t have the time for that much information exchange right now.

This is a pretty good explaintion I just found no way I can explain anything like this and it make since without much time and thinking about it
    Pretty please?? I really need to hear about the moliculs & biotoxins.

This is a pretty good explaintion I just found no way I can explain anything like this myself without much time remembering and thinking about it http://www.drs.illinois.edu/bss/factsheets/biotoxins.aspx

Ok, that lists the names of biotoxins, but it does not suggest that we are ingesting those things on a regular basis. It was more of a how-to on handling them in a lab :huh:
    As far as I can see, you're right. That link has little to nothing to do with any biotoxins you could flush out with juice. The ones are the list are controlled because they are deadly to humans and have weapons potential.

I'm actually not sure, despite significant graduate work in comparative nutrition and a doctorate in veterinary medicine, which "toxins" exactly you could flush out with juice.

Ok, what toxins can you flush out with a packaged cleanse that I could buy from an MLM or supplements store?

Those are pretty much unregulated snake oil which probably do more harm than good. The best "cleanse" is performed continuously by healthy kidneys and liver.

edited for sense
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

But then, when the cleanse is over, you go back to consuming them. So, it's more like a stop-gap measure to bring the levels down for a short period of time so you have a little bit of respite?

Yes, I would expect so. I doubt anyone thinks it's a permanent cleanse. Just like we periodically cleanse other parts of our body.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    So people like to give their insides a good cleaning...who cares. Seems like you want to pick a fight.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I don't think so many moliculs and things that make a toxin have names that I know of right off the top of my head of more like a type like biotoxins and enviormental toxins.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images? q=tbn:ANd9GcRB4jmaXNeAawDnIAvdujXZmVuC3Los0OdzzK5LCSCnOzJnUiAT[/img]

I would simplify it for you but I don’t have the time for that much information exchange right now.

This is a pretty good explaintion I just found no way I can explain anything like this and it make since without much time and thinking about it

This is a pretty good explaintion I just found no way I can explain anything like this myself without much time remembering and thinking about it http://www.drs.illinois.edu/bss/factsheets/biotoxins.aspx

Ok, that lists the names of biotoxins, but it does not suggest that we are ingesting those things on a regular basis. It was more of a how-to on handling them in a lab :huh:
    As far as I can see, you're right. That link has little to nothing to do with any biotoxins you could flush out with juice. The ones are the list are controlled because they are deadly to humans and have weapons potential.

I'm actually not sure, despite significant graduate work in comparative nutrition and a doctorate in veterinary medicine, which "toxins" exactly you could flush out with juice.

Ok, what toxins can you flush out with a packaged cleanse that I could buy from an MLM or supplements store?

Those are pretty much unregulated snake oil which probably do more harm than good. The best "cleanse" is performed daily by healthy kidneys and liver.

I beg to differ. That is a good cleanse but the "best cleanse" is the one that cleanses those wadded up panties. IMO.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I was going to post a gif but the internet doesn't even have one crazy enough for this thread....
  • LoraF83
    Options
    So people like to give their insides a good cleaning...who cares. Seems like you want to pick a fight.

Nope. I think that I've been respectful and courteous during this discussion. I like to learn and gain knowledge.

I would just really like to know what these "toxins" are and why they need to be cleansed. I see them mentioned frequently and wanted clarification.

If I were fighting, I would be calling names or making threats and such. I haven't done that once.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Well, it's to care about because sometimes these "good cleanings" can get a little carried away. Too few cals. Too much whoosh. Dehydrations can happen as can malnourished bodies as can messing up the balanced way the insides already work. But mostly just the excessive diarrheas. That's the problem sometimes. Is it a cleanse or just a backed up fixer? Like really. I'm not sure I've ever clearly gotten the difference? I'm all for foods that make you whoosh out bad stuff but why claim all kinds of extra things? I'm just generally against extravagant claims of any kind. And calling people's panties wadded. I mean how do you know they aren't wearing the ever popular anti-wad thong? Or even going commando?
  • LoraF83
    Options

Those are pretty much unregulated snake oil which probably do more harm than good. The best "cleanse" is performed continuously by healthy kidneys and liver.

edited for sense

I like this line of thought. Thank you.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I was going to post a gif but the internet doesn't even have one crazy enough for this thread....

Found one for you.

04a.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Yeah it does. IT has a really fun toxin tampon animation.

see here it is. so colorful. but alas, it's in french what does it means?

cholera-animation-toxin.gif
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    What chemical compounds are building up in our internal organs that we need to cleanse? What is going on in there that our kidneys, liver, and digestive system can't handle?
    In my case .. Iron. Iron that I can not cleanse is building up in my organs. If I'm not careful it will damage my liver and pancreas, and give me diabeetus.

Alas, the only therapy is phlebotomy, as there's no cleanse that can help.

So basically, too much iron and we're screwed but there's nothing we can do about it?

Ok, good to know.

But I think iron would be a difficult thing to overdose on. I struggle to keep my iron levels in my diet high enough to meet my needs.

In my case, I have hemochromatosis. It's a genetic defect that makes me absorb up to 5x more iron from food than normal people. Most people can absorb 3-5% of the iron they eat. I can absorb upwards of 20%. Normal serum ferritin levels are 50-200 (If I remember correctly). Mine have been as high as 800. The problem is that the spare iron gets deposited mainly in the liver and pancreas, and too much can shut them down.

The only therapy is to remove a pint of blood once a week, until the levels go down. Needless to say, I try to eat to avoid that.

But once I'm there .. there's not a cleanse in the world that can help.
    [/quote]

My mother-in-law has this condition as well.
    My husband and children are at a higher risk. Boo!!

Back to the toxins!!
    This "Doctor" has a nicely written article about the dangers or the toxins and only names one, mercury, but didja know we are exposed to 2.5 billions of pounds of toxins each YEAR? ohmygod!

If I was desperate and naive, I'd be detoxing it up! haha
    (and yes, I did comment, I'm wondering if it'll be deleted)

http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/05/19/is-there-toxic-waste-in-your-body-2/#comment-79837
  • KindredSouls
    KindredSouls Posts: 188 Member
    Options

original.gif