1200 Calories or Less! Please Read!

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Who put you in charge?

If people choose to eat 1200 cals or less it's their business not yours. Why would MFP set 1200 cals daily levels if it wasn't safe/ right/okay.

Go get a life!!

mean-girls-gif_0.gif
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I was going to come play in this thread, but I seem to have misplaced my judgy pants. In other news, I consumed 1000 calories while reading this thread and burned 250 through a cardio circuit of face-palms, head shakes, and eye-rolls.
  • DaniG99
    DaniG99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • minky_r
    minky_r Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A certified nutritionist suggested I eat 1200 calories, MFP says the same thing...considering my age (45) and my height (5ft)...no exercise.....are you saying I should be getting a second opinion? ....maybe yours?
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    A certified nutritionist suggested I eat 1200 calories, MFP says the same thing...considering my age (45) and my height (5ft)...no exercise.....are you saying I should be getting a second opinion? ....maybe yours?

but your ticker says you haven't lost any weight ?
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I eat 900 calories a day, I physically cannot eat anymore.
    You can't eat 2/3 cup of peanut butter in the space of 24 hours?

Why would I? You know there are a type of people who live on very low calorie intakes and just eat the most nutritious parts of foods. I have a high fat diet, I don't NEED peanut butter, I eat by my means. I don't exercise and my job is me usually sitting down. Just because other people cannot eat 900 calories doesn't mean I shouldn't.

There is a group of people that live on very low calorie intakes ... You know what they're called? ... ANOREXICS ... Even calorie-restriction-for-longevity people don't eat below their BMR ...
  • davert123
    Options
    I have been seeing alot of message board posts asking if it is okay to eat 1200 calories or less. THIS IS NOT OKAY. let me repeat. IT IS NOT OKAY TO EAT 1200 CALORIES OR LESS.

People will say they see results. Yes this is true. SHORT TERM you will see lots of weight loss. LONG TERM when you decide to start eating normal you will gain all your weight back or if you CONTINUE to eat 1200cals or less a day forever you will eat up all your muscle and destroy your body.

I am 4'11" starting weight 160. I've lost 31 lbs eating a 1400-1700 diet. 14/1500 on days i don't workout and around 1700 on days that i do. FOOD IS FUEL. people hear me say this all the time on MFP, EAT MORE TO LOSE MORE. Yes it will take alot more time than you want, but it will last. This is a lifestyle change. NOT A DIET. if you EAT CLEAN and EXCERSIZE REGULARELY you will see the results you are looking for in time, and they will be there to stay.

I am not a nutritionist (yet) but i have a lot of knowledge on the subjuct and am very passionate about it. When i get out of the service i will be going to school for nutrition. Please let me know if you have ANY questions. or just want some advice. like i said i am not a professional but i am here to help.

Please read the article below if you still have your doubts. Thank you.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/518807-negative-side-effects-of-eating-less-than-1-200-calories-a-day/

15188748.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

While what you are saying is most probably totally correct you will find that you are pissing into the wind. Those that understand will totally agree and those that tend to think they understand won't. well done for trying though.
  • LadyBugLex17
    LadyBugLex17 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Why would I? You know there are a type of people who live on very low calorie intakes and just eat the most nutritious parts of foods. I have a high fat diet, I don't NEED peanut butter, I eat by my means. I don't exercise and my job is me usually sitting down. Just because other people cannot eat 900 calories doesn't mean I shouldn't.

There is a group of people that live on very low calorie intakes ... You know what they're called? ... ANOREXICS ... Even calorie-restriction-for-longevity people don't eat below their BMR ...

BOOM!
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My BMR is around 1450. Therefore if I want to lose weight, I must go on a 1200 cal diet. It's simple math.
  • LadyBugLex17
    Options
    I have been seeing alot of message board posts asking if it is okay to eat 1200 calories or less. THIS IS NOT OKAY. let me repeat. IT IS NOT OKAY TO EAT 1200 CALORIES OR LESS.

People will say they see results. Yes this is true. SHORT TERM you will see lots of weight loss. LONG TERM when you decide to start eating normal you will gain all your weight back or if you CONTINUE to eat 1200cals or less a day forever you will eat up all your muscle and destroy your body.

I am 4'11" starting weight 160. I've lost 31 lbs eating a 1400-1700 diet. 14/1500 on days i don't workout and around 1700 on days that i do. FOOD IS FUEL. people hear me say this all the time on MFP, EAT MORE TO LOSE MORE. Yes it will take alot more time than you want, but it will last. This is a lifestyle change. NOT A DIET. if you EAT CLEAN and EXCERSIZE REGULARELY you will see the results you are looking for in time, and they will be there to stay.

I am not a nutritionist (yet) but i have a lot of knowledge on the subjuct and am very passionate about it. When i get out of the service i will be going to school for nutrition. Please let me know if you have ANY questions. or just want some advice. like i said i am not a professional but i am here to help.

Please read the article below if you still have your doubts. Thank you.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/518807-negative-side-effects-of-eating-less-than-1-200-calories-a-day/

15188748.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

While what you are saying is most probably totally correct you will find that you are pissing into the wind. Those that understand will totally agree and those that tend to think they understand won't. well done for trying though.

I like you! :flowerforyou:
  • davert123
    Options
    thank you!
    unfortunately these people won't all listen to you
    its so frustrating!
    i just end up deleting them if they are on my friends list, i can't motivate and support someone who doesnt eat.
    my favorite are the people who say they physically can't eat more, makes me LOL

I do a high fat diet, I have up to ten carbs a day. I am satiated and I cannot eat anymore. If you tried the same diet you would get it. Stop making assumptions about someone just because you think you know everything. There are hundreds of lifestyles and it is entirely up to those people on what they eat.

and what about protein which is vital for your long term health ans muscle retention - and what about fats which are absolutely vital for the subtle biochemistry that keeps you ticking over ??????? Also do you get enough vitiates and minerals ?
  • rileyhunter169
    Options
    1200 calories? That's like a small snack... *Scoff*
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

No, annorexics tend to avoid food altogether.

It was actually on a BBC documentary, in relation to the fact that they can live much longer than "normal" people because the body doesn't replace cells but repairs them. I'll have to find it before you.
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    thank you!
    unfortunately these people won't all listen to you
    its so frustrating!
    i just end up deleting them if they are on my friends list, i can't motivate and support someone who doesnt eat.
    my favorite are the people who say they physically can't eat more, makes me LOL

I do a high fat diet, I have up to ten carbs a day. I am satiated and I cannot eat anymore. If you tried the same diet you would get it. Stop making assumptions about someone just because you think you know everything. There are hundreds of lifestyles and it is entirely up to those people on what they eat.

and what about protein which is vital for your long term health ans muscle retention - and what about fats which are absolutely vital for the subtle biochemistry that keeps you ticking over ??????? Also do you get enough vitiates and minerals ?

I eat protein, I also eat plenty of fats, I also have multi vitamins. The only thing I cut out of my diet is carbs, thats bread, rice, sugar, certain fruits. I eat plenty.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    This is all just TOO FUNNY!!!!!! Let's beat this horse to death, then revive it, then beat the hell out of it again, just for fun!!!!

MYOB!!!! Unless you have MD after your name, don't worry about what anyone else is doing. See your doc, who should be monitoring whether something is working for you or not. Not some stranger on a message board. But the entertainment is priceless!

Actually, when it comes to nutrition and exercise advice, I'd prefer the person doesn't have MD in their name.
  • Kristine_7707
    Options
    here we go AGAIN. i dont understand why people are soooo concerned with what everyone else is doing!
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    These kind of threads never go well.
  • minky_r
    minky_r Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just joined !! ...thank you for the reminder.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Where's my popcorn?

I have the popcorn, and its mine! :bigsmile:

OP, excellent post.
  • LadyBugLex17
    Options
    This is all just TOO FUNNY!!!!!! Let's beat this horse to death, then revive it, then beat the hell out of it again, just for fun!!!!

MYOB!!!! Unless you have MD after your name, don't worry about what anyone else is doing. See your doc, who should be monitoring whether something is working for you or not. Not some stranger on a message board. But the entertainment is priceless!

Actually, when it comes to nutrition and exercise advice, I'd prefer the person doesn't have MD in their name.

My thought EXACTLY! :drinker: