Do you eat beets?

Options
2»

Replies

• bokchoybaby
    bokchoybaby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love them. I'll eat pickled beets straight out of the package. Since I found some frozen beets I've been adding them, in half serving amounts, to my blueberry banana chocolate smoothies. Even my toddler loves them that way.
  • smallbutcurvy
    Options
    Nope...I HATE beets...I just don't like the taste. I need to eat them though! They are soooo good for you! :) I may try to reintroduce maybe in powder form in smoothies! lol good luck with that. :)

I juice them with my other veg n fruit , turns every juice red but it helps me consume a good quantity, otherwise they are forever in my fridge partially grated for salads :smile:
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Roasted
    Borscht -- even my infants sons ate the borscht! Quite tasty
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_ml2i54O7sy1qz4rgp.gif

I usually just roast mine and serve as a side like I would potatoes or something...or I'll put them in a salad. I also make this beet salad with sour cream and horseradish that is pretty awesome. I also like to pickle them.

Just no canned beets...nasty ****...
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    oh yes!!!! they are delicious served so many ways! I will eat them cooked and served warm, but my favorite are pickled beets with red onion...om nom nom
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My mom made me it these when I was pregnant. They are pretty good roasted, with salad but the best in my opinion is Borscht. I've never had'em pickled though.... hmm.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yes. Love 'em! Both purple and golden.

Note: I grew up hating them because they only ever got served as borscht and hardvard beets. Even with butter, I cannot tolerate them today. I like my beets plain-- warm or cold. I can also enjoy them roasted and glazed in a citrus mix for salads but to date that is the exception to the plain preference.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    roasted beets are pretty baller
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Roasted is my favorite way. Drizzle safflower or sunflower oil with chopped garlic cloves and roast @ 425 for 20-30 minutes depending on how big you chopped the beets. Then drizzle balsamic vinegar over the beets. Delicious!

Or just steam and eat in a salad. You can also slice very very thin, coat with oil. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and rosemary over and bake until crispy.

I also like them juiced with celery and carrots.
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My cousin makes a chocolate beet cake and a beet and watermelon sorbet that are both delish!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options