Best low cal. snacks??

Options
2»

Replies

• squishybarb
    squishybarb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I second watermelon....I don't like much other fruit so cant offer anything there...maybe a sucker or popsickle...if you like crunchy how about popcorn and spice it up with cayenne pepper! OR I eat miracle noodles when I over my calorie limit and want more food...cucumbers and orange peppers with rice vinegar and splenda? its actually good and filling!! :wink:

I second the popcorn and popcicles.. good munchie snack when you really just want to put food in your mouth and aren't really hungry.. OH! And PICKLES! They're fantastic and "no calories." :wink:

like honestly, sometimes I just eat ice.. Because I just want to eat something.. anything.. lol.

LOL ME TOO! I used to put gum in my mouth, and then get crushed ice and eat it until my jaw was so sore I didn't have any desire to eat anymore. Now I have TMJ and can't eat hard/chewy/crunchy foods without popping my jaw out so that had to cease.. But I feel your pain, I was the saaame way. lol
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    -94% fat free popcorn-season it up with powdered cheese, hot sauce, cinnamon, etc or get kettle corn.
    -Pickles!
    -cucumbers (I like mine with vinegar) or fat free ranch
    -flavored mini rice cakes (bar-b-que and cheddar are my faves)
    -Sugar free gum
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Lean meat. And potatoes. Very satiating.
  • kbnax
    kbnax Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • faisonle
    faisonle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This has been very helpful as I am struggling as we speak - starving and not lunch time yet!!
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and salsa/fruit/etc
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    Some crackers with a THIN LAYER of Nutella should be alright. Or even some peanut butter, just not a whole glob. :3 (My main problem was eating Nutella right out of the jar, but having it on crackers should be alright.)
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    bump for more ideas

I like a can of tuna mixed with salsa on top of crackers it comes out to about 120 calories

PB2 with pretzles

any kind of fruit

cottage cheese

I'm a huge snacker, feel free to add me for more ideas :)
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jennlc033
    Jennlc033 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NeverTooLateJudy
    Options
    Dannon Fit and Light Greek yogurt (lots of yummy flavors, 80 cals )
    Fruit
    PB2 with apple slices or rice cakes or pretzels or stirred in yogurt
    POPCORN!
    boiled eggs (I usually just eat the white)
    hummus
    veggies
    oatmeal
    homemade trail mix (almonds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, craisins, mini chocolate chips)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    gluten free flax crackers
    carrots
    cucumber
    air popped popcorn with tsp marg on it
    apple
    celery
    rice cakes
    hummus
    berries
  • chelkins16
    chelkins16 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    are you talking about scheduled snacks or additional grazing? personally, an d this is what works for me - YMMV - i am trying to cut out the snacking becuase i'm bored/habit, and i'm replacing that kind of snacking with another activity - not another FOOD. My regular scheduled snacks are part ofmy daily plan.

I eat:
    *yogurt, regular, fruit, diet, not diet, whatever - they are 60-150 cals each.
    *sandwich with peanut butter
    *hard boiled egg
    *hummus or tahini with crackers or veg
    *fruit - lately i've been taking these crisp apples, coring and quartering them, they are really great, filling, and it takes a while to eat.