• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Monday - 12 miles & walked/ran 6 miles
    Tuesday - 13.1 miles & walked 2.5 miles
    Weds - 24 miles & walked 2 miles
    Thurs - no biking but walked/ran about 6 miles
    Friday - 13.6 miles & walked 2 miles

We are doing about 27- 30 miles tomorrow. And then if I do a short ride Sunday I am at my goal for the week.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! I DID IT!! I DID IT!!!

bouncingsmilie33nk5wp.gifbouncingsmilie33nk5wp.gif

I set out to do 50 miles and ended up doing 52.7!!!!!!!!!!!!

yupi3ti.gifyupi3ti.gif

That gives me 93.7 miles for this week.

WOW--I didn't think I'd ever be able to go this far!

Thanks so much to all the biking gang for your inspiration, support, and encouragement!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    I DID IT! I DID IT!! I DID IT!!!

bouncingsmilie33nk5wp.gifbouncingsmilie33nk5wp.gif

I set out to do 50 miles and ended up doing 52.7!!!!!!!!!!!!

yupi3ti.gifyupi3ti.gif

That gives me 93.7 miles for this week.

WOW--I didn't think I'd ever be able to go this far!

Thanks so much to all the biking gang for your inspiration, support, and encouragement!

WOWZA! How kewl is that ?????!!!! I am impressed and in awe. How long did it take you?
  • shorerider
    Options
    It took 4 hours and 10 minutes--that's minus 30 minutes of breaks. That works out to 12.7 mph average, which I thought was good, given the heat/humidity, some of the rough rural roads I went on, and my big ole' heavy Hybrid bike.
  • shorerider
    Options
    Oh, and I so wish I had my camera with me! There was this one farm field planted in sunflowers that was just beautiful! As I was biking past, I felt like I was in the Tour de France!! (see ticker photo for reference).
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    No internet access for most of the week, and no biking since my last post. I'm going out for an hour today and a 30 miles ride tomorrow. My first long training ride for the Seagull. Shorerider: if you are signing up for it, let me know your rider number and I'll look for you there.
  • shorerider
    Options
    Got in 18 miles this morning before the oppressive heat kicked in!

That makes 110.7 for the week.

OH, I almost forgot to add that my bike odometer turned over 1000 MILES TODAY! dance.gif

When I first started riding on April 1, my 2 year old bike had 91 miles on it--in the last 3.5 months, I've put 909 miles on it!
  • jadaigle
    Options
    Congrats on the 1000 miles!

I just got back from an 18.4 mile ride. That's 32.9 for me this week. My long ride is tomorrow.
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Saturday - 32.3 miles
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Saturday - 32.3 miles & walked 4 miles (OMG, am I tired!!)

Right now I am at 95 miles (if I did the math right) and my goal was 100 miles. I think I can manage 5 tomorrow.
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Nice Bamboo! Don't forget to take a break!

50 shorerider huh? Congratulations!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

100+ miles a week is a serious effort, nice going both of you.

I could not resit. It is actually still my break week, but.... what can I say. We had a ride with the bike club at my turtle speed this morning. 35 miles. I was lucky that I had a very easy night at work, so I left work early, raced home and put the bike on the car. 37 miles in almost 100 F. Phew! That was hot! Literally. I wanted to test what I am capable of after 12 hrs work. And I am not going to lie, the last miles were hard. But I did it. I look at it as a training for the metric century in August, that will be a scorcher:ohwell:
  • jadaigle
    Options
    Just finished a 30.8 mile ride. So, 63.7 total this week.

I'm going to try to do 73 next week.
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Well I didn't get that last 5 in today. That 32 mile ride yesterday was a doozy and my body just said NO NO NO NO NO! So I listened. Alabama isn't flat. I never thought of it as hilly until I took up bike riding, but it sure isn't FLAT!

I am heading to bed so I can get up early...before the heat of a southern July day hits. I hope to get in 18 miles before I have to get my daughter to the stables at 8 am.

Goal this week is 100.

We are doing a charity race/ride in September. Originally only the 30 mile ride, but we have talked ourselves into the 60 mile ride. So we are building up to that. We are adding a little mileage each Saturday. Last Sat we did 27, this past Sat was 32. So I guess we will be going for 37 next Saturday.
  • Glammy
    Glammy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ahhg - you guys are crazy! I think I did maybe 18 miles total for the week and I can still feel the phantom seat on my bum! Although, my husband did get me one of those super thick gel seats for my bike. I don't know if I'll ever get up to 100 miles in a week! But, I'm doing more now than I ever have, so kudos to me! :bigsmile: Maybe I'll go for 20 miles this week. :happy:
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Okay well I didn't get to bike as much as I would have liked because we were getting ready to go up north to my Parent's cottage for the weekend. But we did get in a beautiful 10 mile ride along a nice new path up north!

Monday-6.5 miles
    Saturday-10 miles

Oh well ... it's a start

Here's a picture from our Tawas bike ride where the youngest fell asleep on the way to the park!

PIC-0066.jpg