Halloween Candy? Yes or No?

Options

Replies

• rbcrawford1
    rbcrawford1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Candy isn't my thing, so no. BUT, I happily had a cupcake at my daughter's school party and I'll have straight up earned a glass or two of wine after wrestling two crazed, overly sugared kids to bed tonight.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Wasn't around any so it was a non issue.

I had a Wonka billionaire chocolate and shortbread candy bar earlier this week because I was craving it like a *kitten* though :tongue:
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I had a damn good workout today so that I could eat some candy with no guilt. And I will. :)

I'm really looking forward to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Almond Joy. Yum!
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hell Yes I am having Halloween candy and maybe some beer but shhhhh don't tell. :drinker:
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I haven't had Halloween candy at home for 30 years.
    In 1983 I switched to giving out stickers. They were a hit. In more recent years I've added little plastic creepy-crawlies.
    5132726293_54d7eafe23.jpg
    The Jack-o-Lantern stays with us.

I now fit nicely into my old sports top again. NSV, Halloween edition:
    10599031993_1e58f0edef_o.jpg
    This is the first time I've worn that top since the photo on the left was taken. :-)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Are you sneaking a piece of candy this year?

If yes, what are you looking forward to?

If no, why not? It's Halloween! :)

I had 1 fun size snickers. Yes, it is 80 calories...but Snickers satisfies! Lol.

if by sneaking you mean sitting on the couch in my underwear with a pile of it in my lap eating them hand over hand....then yes.

if by sneaking you mean hiding in a bathroom to savor a fun size piece of candy or a single smarty...then you have a sour relationship with food and you need help.

ETA: looking forward to mounds, reeses, kitkats, babyruths, fastbreaks, and peanut m&ms.
    you had ONE?!?! *gasp* you REBEL!

This is one of the many reasons why I :heart: skullshank.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options

I had 1 fun size snickers. Yes, it is 80 calories...but Snickers satisfies! Lol.

if by sneaking you mean sitting on the couch in my underwear with a pile of it in my lap eating them hand over hand....then yes.

if by sneaking you mean hiding in a bathroom to savor a fun size piece of candy or a single smarty...then you have a sour relationship with food and you need help.

ETA: looking forward to mounds, reeses, kitkats, babyruths, fastbreaks, and peanut m&ms.

careful, or by the end of the night you'll look like this....
    tumblr_m41uy2DjHz1rol1w1.gif
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Um...by sneaking I meant stealing it from your kid's candy bag.

(I don't have kids...but I hear that parents do this.)

And comments on my relationship with food aren't necessary...since I'm recovered from ana/mia.
  • Happymelz
    Options
    And I had exactly 1 fun sized snickers and 5 skittles. :)
  • Happymelz
    Options
    LOL pass. My kids didnt earn Halloween. However, Saturday, my sis and I are throwing a party for our nieces and nephews and our kids (my son wont be participating unless he is spot on with his behavior @ school and on the bus) so there will be candy every dang on where. But I'm going to try n be good.... I said I would try... :laugh:

Wow. Poor kid. :noway:

And...great parenting. :) Bet he'll be better next time.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    of course! It is my favorite Holiday! I indulged a bit. And by indulged... I had cocoa dusted almonds, yogurt with sugar free cheesecake mix in it and a tiny treat bag of candy corn..

and a pumpkin beer

no regrets!
  • Mrsjones172
    Mrsjones172 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    YES! I had quite a bit, but just about kept it within my calories :)
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Reese's snack-size peanut butter cup - 80 calories and totally worth it!
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I haven't had Halloween candy at home for 30 years.
    In 1983 I switched to giving out stickers. They were a hit. In more recent years I've added little plastic creepy-crawlies.

This is a great idea. We live in the country and have only had four Trick or Treaters in 28 years. It would be a lot easier for me to keep a stash of creepy-crawlies and stickers than candy for the next kiddos regardless of what year they show up.

As for the question of candy for me...I did have a couple of Twizzlers that coworkers brought in.
  • hopsgirl74
    Options
    I bought myself a bag of my favorite candy bar (100 Grand), and I'm enjoying those whenever I feel like it. And my sons gave me a small pile of other candy for me to enjoy at will... I had as much as I wanted Halloween night, and woke up the next morning to find I'd lost an entire pound. I was pretty happy about that. Everything in moderation. :D

2248803.png
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,798 Member
    Options
    I had a few twix, almond joys and snickers the past two days, today, no more
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    No sneaking but I did enjoy a couple of my favorites, candy corn and Reese's peanut butter cups. I logged them and fit them into my calorie count. Feels good to be in control of my food rather than food being in control of me! I have been known the eat those where I'm incredibly sick and then keep eating them, plus more. I've been known to have to stay away completely or it would bring on a 3-7 day binger and an incredible guilt feeling would take over me. This is the first year ever that I have enjoyed it guilt-free and continued on my day without feeling sick, guilty or deprieved. I should also mention that I did take and hid from myself (out of site , out of mind) 2 fun-size snickers, 3 fun-size skittle packets, 4 starbursts , 1 reese's and the rest of my candy corn I didn't eat, I hid for when I want some again I can and do the same with it. Funny thing is when I hid it I found my favorite Easter candy I hid from myself...Robyn Eggs! I hide these things so they are there when I want to eat them so I don't feel like I have to eat them all in the same day to have some, if I don't my husband or my kids would eat them and I would get none. So proud of myself that I never ate those! I completely forgot all about them...there was plenty of days I really would have liked to have had those too! lol...still a work in progress...but I am making progress!
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until my kids eat all of the candy that I like. So far I have eaten about 15 pieces. I lost this temptation challenge.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    nope, halloween not celebrated in france.. plus the candy here sucks. When im back in california ill reunite with my favorite Twix :D
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :happy: