women 5'5 goal weight?

Options

Replies

• sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" tall. I started off weighing 237 pounds in early May. My current weight is around 186. My goal weight, for now, is in the 150-160 range, a range that was recommended to me by a doctor at the weight loss clinic I used to go to. Once I get in that range, I will re-evaluate and decide if I want to keep losing weight or stay at that weight and do weight lifting more often.
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5 my goal is 150
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My goal is 130 (currently 153), because when I've weighed that in the past, I felt good about my body, how my clothes fit, etc. However, I am getting into weightlifting as well, so I'll keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    It really matters on your starting weight. I think the lower you start, the lower you can get with a 5'5 frame. I see lots of people saying 125 as a goal. Hell, mine for the moment, is to just get under 200, since I started at almost 400 4 year ago. Then the next goal will be 150, then I will go from there. I started MFP after losing my first 100lb. So the second is really hard for me.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    5'6" Here. Pretty much at goal weight (115 - 120), focusing on bf%. Right now I am in the violent throws of hormone fluctuation which has really thrown off my weight and body fat measurements, so I'm piddling along at the low end of maintenance until things settle down and I can figure out where I stand. I have been 110 a time or two in the past, and thought it was too thin.
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    My goal right now is 150. I was 130 in my late teens through early 20's and was underweight for my large frame and had a lot of health problems from it. My doctor told be a healthy weight for me is 140lbs to 150lbs. Once I get to 150 I will look into going lower or working on more lifting to reshape my body.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to be around 135 what it states on my driving license for past several years.

Yikes, what state puts your weight on your drivers license? I live in PA and we don't have it here.

I am 5'4" and I entered a goal of 135 in MFP, but I've been pretty comfortable around 145-150 in the past. I'll see how sustainable it is.
  • enginchick
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 162 lbs....wow does that hurt to say, but I want to be back at 125-130. New to the site and I thought my goal was almost ridiculous....thank you for posting, I'm glad I'm not alone. :-)
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    130-140. I was comfortable at 140, but I think I would be happier at 130 cuz then I could fit into my little sisters clothes. :wink:
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    First off congrats to all you ladies who have lost weight! Skimming through the thread and you're all awesome, keep it up:) I'm 5'5'', 5'6'' and have been floating between 104-110lbs for awhile. OP it really comes down to your build. I've got grasshopper legs so for me a lower weight like that is healthy and looks right on me. So just keep at it til you're comfortable and happy with the mirror! If I can help anyone, don't hesitate to add or PM me. I've helped a number of my friends with different builds lose and maintain weight. If nothing else, I'm a dayum good cheerleader:)
  • karenh3585
    karenh3585 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started at 163, am currently at 151 and hope to be 135 ultimately. I think anything lower than that would be too skinny but it really depends on your build. I'm on the muscular side so if I went lower than 135 it wouldn't look / feel good.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm a tad over 5'5", when I was in my 20s I weighed about 120lb and, on me, this was quite slim and OK. Now, I think that weight would be too skinny for me. My highest weight was 198lb, my current weight is 159lb and I'm aiming at 143lb which puts me in the "normal" range for my height.
    However, when I get closer to target I might reassess my goals. It's been so long since I was slim I can't really remember it that well!
  • alexandrazzzz
    alexandrazzzz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Love the girl that said she lifts weights and doesn't pay attn to the scale! SO TRUE!!!! Lean body mass is WAY more important! This will allow your body to burn more and consume a little more too once you build the extra muscle.
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal weight is 149 so my BMI says I'm 'normal or healthy whatever the word'. I'm 167 as of this morning... my first goal is 160 and then I'll work from 160 down to 151...150...149!
  • farrellb21
    Options
    I'm 240 now my goal weight is 200, I plan to go lower then that but I'm taking it in baby jumps right now, I'm sure when I hit 210 I'll change it to 180, and so on until I hit about 140/150
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    When i first started losing I set it to 120, but I don't care about the scale all that much anymore. I wear the same size now at 133 pounds that I used to wear at 118 thanks to lifting.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    According to most online bmi calculators, 125. Although, I am 5'5" and used to weigh around 135-140. If I went so much as 5 pounds under that, I looked rather ... malnourished, underfed, emaciated. So, keep with your goal now and when you do reach it, if you want to go a little lower, go for it! :)
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    140 to 150, but I am a lot older than you and will be happy just to be at that weight!
  • mcflyima
    Options
    I'm 5'4" (if you round!) and I hover around 125 after losing 25 lbs. I think to lose more body fat my trainer wants me to gain 5lbs of muscle--said I'll look like I weigh 115 but will actually weigh closer to 130. That's the plan at least. :)
  • Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Same height.

I am aiming for 65kg or 143 lbs.