Kane
    Van
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    I am fairly partial to Kieran
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    If I had a son I was going to name him Mason.

Friend had a boy and named him Sylar. I really liked that one also.
  • meribethd
    meribethd Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

My sons are Liam and Quinn. If you don't want super popular, though, I wouldn't use Liam. It has skyrocketed in popularity over the past decade. When we named my son Liam (he is 10.5 now) the name was about #140 on the social security names list. Now it is it the top ten. I would still name him that, but just know it's up there in popularity now.

If we had had a third boy we probably would have named him Rhys (it is Welsh). Other names we liked/tossed around were Nolan, Alastair, Simon, Finn, Graham. My husband really liked Hamish.
  • mistygrt
    mistygrt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ethan and Carter are my son's names. I also looove the name Everett ! Congrats !!
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Benjamin, Daniel and James.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I have 2 sons. I wanted first names that were different than the multitude of "Michaels" and "Stevens" but also reflected thier British heritages. Middle names are family names. I have:

Trevor James
    Colin Frederick (and, for the recod, Colin is prondounced "caw-lyn", NOT "co-lyn"!)

The other first names I wanted but was denied by my husband were: Logan, Conner and Tristan. Friends of mine just named thier son "Remington" (gun theme). My brother's name is Ian, not so common back in the '70's & '80's here in the US, now a little more common.
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Dominick (that's my name and my son's name)
    Michael
    John
    Joseph
    Vincent
    Charles or Charlie
  • raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    My little boy is called Archie George, George after my grandfather
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    The ones I like are George, Seth, and Kyle
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Oh and naming is a f_cuking b_tch. Seriously I'd rather have my teeth pulled out than pick names. We are trying to decide on a girl name and there is nothing we can agree on. So as far as I'm concerned I'm calling the kid "hey you" until he/she is 18 and then he/she can pick their own name out.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I really like Hamish, old scots for James. When we were looking through those books for names we only found two we really liked, Maggie and Hamish. We found out early so we knew he was Hamish all along!
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    I guess I should back track my words slightly. I said I don't like short names, I meant I don't like the common short names. A short name really is fine, if its not common.
    I am not really looking for the most unique and totally different name, a simple name is fine as long as it isn't common. I actually want to give my child a name that nobody else we know has. I know that probably sounds weird to some of you, I just want them to have their own name. This only goes for family and friends still alive though, looking through genealogy books is a great idea.
    I would love to find a name that is simple but very uncommon, but trying to find a name I like is so hard too. I don't know why, its just me, I don't like boy names, lol.
    I don't think unique spellings are bad. My name is very unique (I have had it looked up in the World Name Database and I am the only one with my name) and I like my name, I was only teased about it once and it was just by an awful kid that had the talent of turning any word or name into an insult. I don't recall it ever being hard to learn to spell, but to this day I still have to spell it for people. Doesn't bother me.
    As far as themes go, my husband is really into guns and we've been toying with some of their names... Winchester, Karr, Ruger ....

Gun names are too common. Why don't you look in the bible there are some very unique and old names in there? Or go to your heritage ie he's greek and your dutch look at some of the names from those countries. I like the idea of looking back at family genealogy.
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    Abel, Layne, Evan, Carter, Beckett are a few of my favs! And of course my son is Austin and love it too! :) Congrats on the pregnancy!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,000 Member
    Options

I like Derek - but have to admit, that isn't how I would spell it.

Just curious - how on earth else would you spell it???

Derek is standard normal spelling - its not a name with other ways of spelling - like, say, Catherine/Kathryn
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Aiden, Spencer...Just realized that these are names of kids on General Hospital. They're still cute names, though.
    I like Derek - but have to admit, that isn't how I would spell it.
    Just curious - how on earth else would you spell it???

Derek is standard normal spelling - its not a name with other ways of spelling - like, say, Catherine/Kathryn
    Derrick, which is probably the only way I've seen it spelled. Just Google the name 'Derrick'. Trust me, you can take any name and spell it different ways.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Adam, Brad, Josh, Samuel, Fred, Tom, (Will add more if I think of any...)
    Ethan is another that I really like.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I met the coolest 8 year old I ever met a few days ago in Mexico on vacation. Juan Antonio was his name. Very cool name for a very cool kid :happy:
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I like Victorian or old fashioned names like Byron, Rufus, Lucius, Alistair, Edgar, and Leon. I also like Troy, Jack, Luke, and Silas. My husband said that if we every have kids and we have a boy, he wants to name him Phineus. Not sure how I feel about that one, but he said we could call him Fin for short, which sounds pretty cool.
  • toutle1221
    toutle1221 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I already have names picked out.

Henry Ludo is our boy name!