Thoughts on diet sodas whilst dieting?

Options
12346»

Replies

• DiaryofaMadFatMan
    DiaryofaMadFatMan Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I would rather eat my calories than drink them. That being said, if I was going to drink a soda it wouldn't be diet. I want the regular full flavor stuff.
  • Jkn922
    Jkn922 Posts: 74
    Options
    For me stopping fizzy drinks to one can or bottle of juice per week was the best. I have one cup of English tea a day and it's helped my energy levels a lot. Plus it's not great for your teeth, I mainly drink water.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options

Yeah...it'll be a cold day in h*** before I read foxnews as a credible source for information.

I drink tons of diet coke. I seem to be doing ok :wink: with my weightloss.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    There's no effective evidence (read: past tabloid newspapers and small poorly-controlled studies) to show that they're bad for you. For some people they can increase appetite (heard that anecdotally, you'll know if you're one of them)...otherwise, I think it's fine. Watch out for your teeth, though, it's still damn acidic even if it has no sugar. And (if you drink as much as I can), the caffeine content is pretty high. So, moderation as usual.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    After 22 years of drinking "the real thing", diet soda just doesn't do it for me. In fact it actually tastes pretty gross. (Additionally, it's comparatively expensive on a college student's budget.) So I just drink water.

But as always, my thoughts are live and let live...

Is diet soda more expensive than the sugary stuff where you are? :(