Elijah (Eli)
    Flynn
    Henry
    Kaden (or Caedan)
    Reid
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Carwilliam McGrumblebatch for a boy, John for a girl.
  • DorothyR87
    Options
    Ok my two favorite boys names are totally way out there but I love the names Reid and Tolliver. Unfortunately, I could never use Reid because my last name is Reed and well Reid Reed would just be awful. As for Tolliver, my husband had a friend that he always called Tolliver and for the longest time I thought it was his first name (turns out it's his last) but I always loved it.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Nice, simple, modern sounding names. For example, Hezekiah, Mordecai, or Nebuchadnezzar.
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Alan....Kyle ....Keith
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love boy names (they're so much easier than girl names). I like more classical/biblical names, and I also like a few family names. I'm really going to have a problem deciding when I have kids.

Emmett
    Matthew
    Levi
    Kenneth
    William
    Simon
    Henry
    Noah
    Elijah
    James
    Lawrence
    Victor
    Logan
    Jesse
    Isaiah
    Isaac
    Benjamin
    Sebastian
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Easton
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My son's name is Tucker. I love it and it isn't very popular. I have a girl name ready if I ever get to use it but I've never seen another boy name that feels right yet.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Cameron

100% this. Of course, this is my kid's name. LOL

If I were to have another boy, I would name him Will. Not short for Willam, just Will.

I also like Aidan or Brodie.

I am really wanting to know what boy name your husband nixed & what girl name you picked- congrats, BTW!!!!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Vincent!
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congrats! well I love the name Socrates (thats my son name.)
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I do not like short common names, (i.e. Fred, James, John, Bob) I like unique names.
    This is cool, but know that picking a long and unique name instead of a short boring popular name could cost your kid $7 grand a year in future salary. Just sayin'. LinkedIn did a study:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2013/05/07/study-says-shorter-names-earn-more/

Of course, money isn't the only thing in life so it would be interesting to see a name study on love or happiness.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well when I thought I would have a boy someday ,I liked Bryce even my husband did , I'm however never going to have anymore kids and I only have girls so , hope someone else can use the name .

congrats on your pregnancy and good luck with finding a name it will just hit you one day and you will be like why didn't I think of that before ..

When I named my oldest I kept coming back to the same name even though others name would have been ok too and with my youngest well my husband named her , I like the name so it works .

We have some what common names ourselves and extremely common last name so no crazy spellings .
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Logan and Preston
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    I have an Aubrey and Beauregard. I love Atticus, Titus, and Thor. Of course the kid would need to be totally badass to pull those names off!
  • CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thor, good strong name :-) If it wasn't for my German-sounding last name I would probably name my son Loki, but it doesn't fit very well with my last name.

I've always loved the name Simon, Wilhelm and Theodor.

I can mention some Danish names; Asger (Pronounced Asgar), Johan, Ludwig (not Danish, but it is kinda cool... Beethoven).
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Benjamin
    Jack
    Samuel
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I currently have an Aiden Lee and Dominic Andre`.

My husband is a third, and I'd love to have a 4th, because it would be IV, and I'm a paramedic. ;)

He however, wants "W' and "T' for first and middle name, because our last name begins with "F"

After that, I'm partial to strong but different names. (my boys were named before the names became 'mainstream').
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Troy is the one name I really liked and wanted to name my boy and my husband said we could use it as a middle name but not a first. If it fits well with whatever first name I end up deciding I like he will have the middle name Troy.

Another "theme" in our family is "tin." My husband, myself and my daughter have the syllable "tin" in our names. We have thought it might be fun to keep the trend going. Kestin, Coltin, Jaxtin, Martin ... are a few we have thought of.
    I am loving all the boy names, keep them coming if you think of more. I am writing down the ones I like and we will see what my husband thinks of some of them when he gets home.

Oh, I like the 'tin' theme. Coltin, Tristin, Dustin, Ashtin, Astin, Claytin, you could go crazy with those names!