LOW FAT and EASY Pumpkin muffins

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I have a similar recipe to this but I also add 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika - I called them Johnny Depp Muffins cos they're hot, sweet and yummy!
    COULD YOU PAST ON THE RECIPE SOUNDS GOOD. wHERE DID YOU FINE HOT pAPRIKA?
  • MikesMom2
    MikesMom2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm heading to the store now...these muffins sound delicious!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Okay so i bought my cake mix and of course we couldn't find the betty crocker one so i picked up another. My question is this...
    My bo calls for 2 eggs, 2/3c water,and 1/2 c veg oil. Should I still follow the above recipe? (3 egg whites,can of pumpkin,no oil). The quicker the response,the better, I'm getting aniouas to make these now!:laugh: TIA
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Those sound wonderful
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just made a version of these. I used:

Betty Crocker Butter Pecan cake mix
    1 can of pumpkin
    2/3 cup of water
    2 egg whites
    2 tsp cinnamon
    2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1 tsp baking powder

The recipe made 24 normal to small size muffins with 93 calories, 2 g fat, 1 g protein, 19 carbs, 1 g fiber and 10 g sugar per muffin. They are absolutely delicious!

My only problem was that I wanted them to be muffins, but they turned out more like cupcakes. They are very light and do not have that filling dense texture like I expect a muffin to have.
  • darcibean
    Options
    I made a similar version to these as well, and they were very good.
    I used:
    Spice Cake Mix
    15 oz can of Libby Pumpkin
    1 medium egg
    1 egg white
    2/3 cup of water

They came out to only 99 calories a muffin, which the batch made 24 muffins.
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try these, I got all the ingredients yesterday and plan on making them tomorrow :)
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I made a similar version to these as well, and they were very good.
    I used:
    Spice Cake Mix
    15 oz can of Libby Pumpkin
    1 medium egg
    1 egg white
    2/3 cup of water

They came out to only 99 calories a muffin, which the batch made 24 muffins.

whoa, that sounds good too! I love spice cake!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    So I finally made these muffins. I like them. My husband and daughter also like them. I only filled the muffin cups about 1/2 way so the batch made 24. I find them heavy for a muffin, thick and moist. I find them to be quite filling and satisfying. Pretty good for 100 calories!
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    Sounds great! Gonna try them!
  • kayjay7171
    kayjay7171 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I made these muffins today....only I used a spice cake mix and a 15 ounce can of pumpkin....that's it. No eggs...no oil and no water...you don't need it. These are the best, moistest muffins ever!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't mind me commenting so that i can find this again, thanks!
  • cstibbe
    cstibbe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • HisLamb
    HisLamb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'll be making a pit stop by the store on the way home :)
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I love fall and all the pumpkin recipes!
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    getting ready to make these right now. How do you figure out the calorie of each one? Im thinking of making them into mini muffins if the kids like them, they are easier to pack as snacks when they are mini.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Do any of these recipes taste like a Dunkin Donut's Pumpkin Muffin? I've been dying for one, but I'm doing my durndest to be a good girl and NOT consume that many calories on a splurge....*Sighs*

Shannon
  • elfie9863
    Options
    I wonder if you can use any type of cake mix? I think I will try with some yellow cake mix. Thanks!!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I am a pumpkin FAN!! I love all those donuts, muffins, bars, and pies. I am going to give these a try this weekend so I can scratch Dunkin Donuts off my list.

So what does it mean when people post BUMP?????