Clean calories VS unclean

Options
May I get some simple to the point answers and if you got some negative crap to say then go be retarded someplace else.

With that said...can someone tell me if someone ate only raw veggie and fruits compared to same amount of calories in processed food how does the weight loss compare.

Okay now compare juiced veggies and fruits to processed food as in weight loss.

Replies

• 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Weight loss would end up being the same. Initially with a diet composed of fruits and veggies most people notice a large amount of weight loss in the first couple of weeks but it will slow and then the loss would be be become the same. Juicing would make no difference.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Your not going to get the answer you are looking for
    You will always get people who lost weight by either eating clean and by eating dirty.
    The difference will be their intensity of their work out.
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    With that said...can someone tell me if someone ate only raw veggie and fruits compared to same amount of calories in processed food how does the weight loss compare.
    Weight loss is a math equation: if calories in is less than calories burned, your body burns stored fat to make up the deficit. you lose weight. It matters very little where they come from, carrots and green beans, or bacon cheeseburger.

If you ate mostly vegetables and fruit, you still get calories, they're just mostly all carbs, and precious little protein.
    You need some meat, or at least beans and legumes.

Same story. calories are calories. Both are probably very deficient in any fiber content.

People are proponents of 'eating clean' almost entirely because:
    1) Raw foods are often not as calorie dense, so 500 calories takes up more room in your stomach than processed foods, making you feel fuller.
    2) processed foods have additives that *may or may not* be good for your health in the long run. Processed foods haven't been around long enough for there to be a large amout of definitive research either way.

Edit: I ate 'dirty' every day while losing weight, and still do. I drink beer, and love cheeseburgers, bacon and chocolate. I just made sure that when my body needed 2000 calories a day, I only ate 1750. I had no trouble losing 1 lb/week.
  • DiaryofaMadFatMan
    DiaryofaMadFatMan Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Clean or unclean. Food is food. It's not a big deal what you eat as long as you have a deficit. I've been eating everything I want, within moderate of course, as you can tell from my ticker...it's working.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Clean or unclean. Food is food. It's not a big deal what you eat as long as you have a deficit. I've been eating everything I want, within moderate of course, as you can tell from my ticker...it's working.
    ^^also a good answer
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between weight loss and fat loss.

For weight loss, all that is required is a calorie deficit. It had no bearing on health or anything else. It also does not differentiate between fat loss and weight loss (which includes muscle mass).
    "clean eating" vs processed food makes no difference for weight loss.

Fat loss - still not dependant on clean vs processed but macros come into play a lot more.

ETA - veggies and fruit have their place in a healthy diet, however, eating only those does not equate healthy.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    The weight loss will be the same, because....wait for it.......

A calorie is a calorie.

Some food will fill youu p better/keep you full longer, but if you ate a 1500 calorie diet of pizza and wings versus a 1500 calorie diet of chicken breast and broccoli, the weight loss would be the same.

Obviously it would be stupid to try eating nothing but pizza and wings because you'd be starving and would probably feel like crap, but in terms of JUST weight loss, as long as you're eating a deficit it really, truthfully, and honestly does not matter what type of food you eat.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    May I get some simple to the point answers and if you got some negative crap to say then go be retarded someplace else.

Oh my.

Pro-tip, OP: if you are wanting a serious discussion, you probably should not begin it with such a caustic remark. Previous posters were being kind in answering your question.

I'm just going to say negative crap, well, just because. So, here goes: -crap
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    She's on a low calorie juice fast - she is not going to like any of your answers. :noway:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

No difference.

No difference.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Nevermind.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    She's on a low calorie juice fast - she is not going to like any of your answers. :noway:

Whoa, I just looked at the diary. Under 20 grams of protein? For real?

Just, wow.

-crap
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

I knew there would be a idiot abroad to the question.

Well aren't you a delight.

I'm guesing this is what happens when you only have around 1000 cals a day - all of juice. :noway:

But - am I right - do you agree with the answers given?
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options

I looked at her diary .. poor girl. Juicing is not a good answer. Sure there are some internet sites that swear by it .. and documentaries that push this idea. But really ... it is hardly a good idea.

Just cause some rich Australian guy did it and is making a ton of money from it now, doesn't make it a good idea.

OP I hope you abandon this .. and start to eat real food sometime soon.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you are looking for here. You asked for simple to the point answers and you are getting them. Almost everyone is saying the exact same thing. A calorie is a calorie.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but go be what somewhere else???
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but go be what somewhere else???
    ^this.
    :angry:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You received some good answers. Now that we have that out of the way, why aren't you eating? Your calorie intake is extremely low. You can lose weight without starving yourself.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I knew there would be a idiot abroad to the question.

Oh dear.
This discussion has been closed.