Options
    *save*
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ranch, thank you for this!!
  • jenchamb119
    Options
    I will second the Bolt House ranch dressing too, very tasty! (but their honey mustard really is my favorite!)
  • tinkystyle
    tinkystyle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ranch dressing. i just hate that it is not very healthy. So i came across a recipe on Pinterest for a HEALTHY ranch dressing!! i made it the other day and it is DELICIOUS! (*please note that this is not MY recipe. just one i came across and thought i would share with everyone..cuz who doesnt love ranch?)

Ingredients:
    1 cup Chobani Greek Yogurt PLAIN.
    1 Packet hidden valley ranch mix
    *1/2 cup 1% or 2% milk

whisk together all ingredients and let it sit for an hour.

*i used 1/2 cup of milk because that is what the recipe called for but i thought it was a bit too runny for my liking. so add less milk for a little thicker dressing.

nutritional info: (for the ENTIRE batch):
    calories: 201 carbs: 15 fat: 2 Sodium: 155 fiber: 0 sugar: 15

http://fabulousfoodblog.com/2012/12/31/ranch-is-so-fattening-until-now-this-whole-jar-of-ranch-is-only-1-75-grams-of-fat-and-255-calories-1-cup-dannon-oikos-plain-greek-yogurt-1-packet-hidden-valley-ranch-mix-12-cup-1-milk-whisk-to-2/

also...on the website it says different calories, but im just posting what MFP said the nutritional info was when i entered all the ingredients. so it might vary from different brands and what not.

ENJOY! let me know what you think if you make it!!

so easy..gonna try.

also can you put the protein numbers? that's the most important part for some people and isnt' that why people eat chobani anyway?
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bbzgrl110
    bbzgrl110 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    will definitely have to try this, I miss my ranch dressing but haven't wanted to take on all the calories
  • kenyonl85
    kenyonl85 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    going to whip up a batch of this tonight!
  • kenyonl85
    kenyonl85 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Calorie count using:

6oz Plain Chobani 0% (100 Cals)
    1 Packet Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch Mix (80 Cals)
    1/2 Cup Skim Milk (40 Cals)

220 Total Cals.

10 Servings, 2TBSP each.

22 Calories per Serving.

Just beat out BoltHouse Farms yogurt dressing, that I love btw!
  • gooster5
    gooster5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yum, thanks for sharing!
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    bump
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion! Never thought of that :)
  • summermartin35
    Options
    Just FYI Hidden Valley Ranch packets have MSG which is not good for you. I did find a recipe on Pinterest that does have a healthy version. Havent tried it yet but I need to. In the meantime I found some organic dressing at the local grocery store which is pretty good except it is fattening. :-(
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Yum! Will be trying this with a greens and chicken salad for lunch this week. Might also be a good dip for veggie snacks! Thank you for posting!
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    nutritional info: (for the ENTIRE batch):
    calories: 201 carbs: 15 fat: 2 Sodium: 155 fiber: 0 sugar: 15

I am a bit confused on your calculations for the entire batch. An entire packet of Hidden valley ranch mix is 80 calories (5 cal per 2 tbs x 16 servings), 2160 mg sodium (135 mg per 2 tbs x 16 servings)

I believe those are the nutritionals for the mix when prepared the way it says to on the packet, i.e. not with yogurt ..
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I entered it this way:
    10 servings

1 pack hidden valley ranch salad dressing & seasoning mix (Dry Powder), 1 container (8tsp)
    Chobani nonfat Plain greek yogurt, 1 cup
    buttermilk, lowfat, 1/2 cup

I got:

Calories 27 carbs 3 fat 0 protein 3 fiber 0 and sodium 239

For the entire batch it came out to

calories 269 carbs 31 fat 1 protein 27 and sodium 2,394
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good!! So, if you like your dressing thicker, I would imagine you could try 1/4 xup of milk first and then add more if desired!! I wonder if you can use almond milk in place of regular milk. Thank you OP.
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I make a ranch like substitute that is pretty tasty. I don't measure anything, but here it is.

Lowfat greek yogurt
    Fresh dill
    Fresh parsley
    Freshly ground black pepper
    Sea salt - don't be stingy!
    Raw - that's right - RAW garlic. If you've never tried raw garlic (in something obviously) you've never truly lived.
    If you've got the calories add in a bit of mayo or sour cream. I prefer the sour cream myself.

In a food processor -
    First add in the fresh herbs, rinsed and dried(!), then the garlic. Remove it and add the yogurt. Slowly add in the herbs, salt, and pepper, until you get the taste you're looking for.

Then I highly suggest adding a bit of chipotle sauce!