What boy names do you like?

Options

Replies

• tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Cameron

100% this. Of course, this is my kid's name. LOL

If I were to have another boy, I would name him Will. Not short for Willam, just Will.

I also like Aidan or Brodie.

I am really wanting to know what boy name your husband nixed & what girl name you picked- congrats, BTW!!!!

Troy is the only boy name I really liked and really wanted, and my husband said absolutely not.
    I have a girl's name picked out but am toying with two different spellings, opinions?
    Aria or Areya?
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    I do not like short common names, (i.e. Fred, James, John, Bob) I like unique names.
    This is cool, but know that picking a long and unique name instead of a short boring popular name could cost your kid $7 grand a year in future salary. Just sayin'. LinkedIn did a study:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2013/05/07/study-says-shorter-names-earn-more/

Of course, money isn't the only thing in life so it would be interesting to see a name study on love or happiness.
    Doesn't have to not be short, just has to not be overly popular. I don't want anything nobody can spell or pronounce. My daughter has a short, simple, but not very common, first name and a common middle name with a unique spelling. Very few people ever have reason to need to know how her middle name is spelled. I have thought about this with a boy too, give him whatever crazy unique middle name I want and a simple first name. To the world, his name can be simple, and I could call him by both names, or the middle name as a nickname. It would also allow him to choose later in life whether he wants that unique name or the common name.
    I know people say to not call your kid by their middle name or to not let them go by their middle name in their professional life, because it causes confusion. But, I believe that is what the middle name is there for. I mean, your kid doesn't get to pick their own name, you pick it for them, they should at least have a couple options given them.
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    Well when I thought I would have a boy someday ,I liked Bryce even my husband did , I'm however never going to have anymore kids and I only have girls so , hope someone else can use the name .

congrats on your pregnancy and good luck with finding a name it will just hit you one day and you will be like why didn't I think of that before ..

When I named my oldest I kept coming back to the same name even though others name would have been ok too and with my youngest well my husband named her , I like the name so it works .

We have some what common names ourselves and extremely common last name so no crazy spellings .

Bryce is one my husband says I can keep in mind for a middle name, but not a first.
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    Troy is the one name I really liked and wanted to name my boy and my husband said we could use it as a middle name but not a first. If it fits well with whatever first name I end up deciding I like he will have the middle name Troy.

Another "theme" in our family is "tin." My husband, myself and my daughter have the syllable "tin" in our names. We have thought it might be fun to keep the trend going. Kestin, Coltin, Jaxtin, Martin ... are a few we have thought of.
    I am loving all the boy names, keep them coming if you think of more. I am writing down the ones I like and we will see what my husband thinks of some of them when he gets home.

Oh, I like the 'tin' theme. Coltin, Tristin, Dustin, Ashtin, Astin, Claytin, you could go crazy with those names!

Just haven't found a 'tin' name both my husband and I like yet.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Logan!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Andon
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My hairdresser named her son Roman. LOVE it. Something pronouncable yet not heard every day.
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Jonathan. That is what I named my son. I also like Shawn.
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Travis, Shaun, Jeremey, Javiar
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Just pick something that people can actually spell. You would be amazed at the stupid names people give their kids, and names that their kids regret for the rest of their lives.

This! Also, the whole Aidan, Jadyn, Caden, Braydon thing is tired in an extreme way (JMHO)

I like Todd, Seth, Luke, Liam, Spencer, Miles, Christian, David...some weirder names I kinda like are Gideon, Kipling, Delaney, Errol.
  • M22KY
    M22KY Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted a boyfriend named Spencer.

Oh, and I love saying Liam and Nehemiah. :smile:
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    So, my daughter is actually from a previous relationship - so, of course, my husband had no say so whatsoever in her name (and actually, neither did my ex.) I named her. With this child, I have already picked out a girl's name which I was set on, and I got lucky and my husband likes it.
    But, with a boy, I didn't have any name in mind and told my husband he could name the boy. I changed my mind really quick however when he started mentioning names. They were all AWFUL! So, we decided it has to be a name we both completely agree on. It has been so hard though because he doesn't like any of the names I like and I REALLY don't like a single name he has come up with.

So far we have decided the middle name will probably be Bryce (I like, he doesn't hate) or Jay (family middle name on his side.)
    That is as far as we have gotten :(
  • mrspinky85
    mrspinky85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Nicholas
  • yourlittleloretta
    Options
    I have an Aiden Scott. He's my little Irish firecracker. :heart:

Declan, Lochlan, Kellan, Christian, Ace, Lincoln, Graham, Archer, Ryder, Holden, Hudson
  • HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Seven
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love the name Silas, Spinner, or Sailor... these are all from tv shows and movies LMAO it's just a coincidence that they all start with S.
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have 18 month old twin boys --- Caleb and Silas
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    Options
    Congratulations! I like the name Collin :)
  • azcats1996
    azcats1996 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Liam is also technically an abbriviation of WIlliam - Wil Liam. We went with William and call him Liam, so if he decides when he's older he doesn't like having such a common name he can go by Will, William, Bill, etc. without having to change anything officially.
  • DiaryofaMadFatMan
    DiaryofaMadFatMan Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I always liked traditional English names, i.e. the names of British princes: Charles, George, Andrew, Edward, Phillip, Robert, William, Henry, etc.