Co-Worker Claims His Workout Is Superior

Options

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing and at some point in time, the difference between your physique and his will make it quite apparent that your method produces an entirely different product. And most people will like your product more than his.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    So correct me if I'm wrong, but this guy asked you what you do for workouts, because he's trying to lose weight? Sounds to me like he may not be getting the results he wants, in which cases, he has no reason to state that "just walking" works really well.

Even if he was just curious, wanted to share workout ideas, and is happy with his own progress, he still obviously has no clue what he's talking about. The guy probably hasn't even attempted to lift weights - probably heard 1 horror story by some douche who followed his ego as to what weights to use (with terrible form) and will use that as any excuse not to push himself hard.

I agree with the "he's winding you up, or he's an idiot" theory!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

OP- just keep doing what you are doing. :flowerforyou:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Not really sure where to post this, so if it has to be moved then it has to be moved.

Somehow we got into a discussion on what kind of workouts each of us like to do. He told me he only does 30 minutes of walking over day, and no more. When he asked what I did, I told him that I do a combination of cardio and weight lifting three to four times a week, for about two and a half hours. He then proceeds to tell me that weights are useless and dangerous, and strength training does nothing - either with weight loss or losing inches. He's somewhat flabby and has a penchant for junk food and carbs.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. :( Definitely need some support on this one. :(

Yes, please be careful lifting all those weights, you don't want your uterus to fall out!
  • markink81
    markink81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Tell him people who just do cardio just want to look better when they are clothed were you want to look better naked.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    He told me he only does 30 minutes of walking over day, and no more...He's somewhat flabby and has a penchant for junk food and carbs.

That's firmly in res ipsa loquitor territory - what exactly do you need help with?

Just ignore him and find a better water cooler conversationalist.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Lift more weights. You will need less support.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need to buy him a pair of 2 lb. dumbbells for his 30 minute walks (get em the pink ones)....... :laugh: Keep on doing what your doing and don't listen to those that know nothing of what they speak....... Best of Luck

No! He might get bulky if he uses weights!
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Not really sure where to post this, so if it has to be moved then it has to be moved.

Somehow we got into a discussion on what kind of workouts each of us like to do. He told me he only does 30 minutes of walking over day, and no more. When he asked what I did, I told him that I do a combination of cardio and weight lifting three to four times a week, for about two and a half hours. He then proceeds to tell me that weights are useless and dangerous, and strength training does nothing - either with weight loss or losing inches. He's somewhat flabby and has a penchant for junk food and carbs.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. :( Definitely need some support on this one. :(

Does your coworker have a camel toe??

prancercise-whit-bkgr.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I can't even.

Stop listening to the stupid people- it just hurts your brain and does you no good.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    lmgtfy.com/?q=fatlogic
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Why the hell would you need support to swat down something that stupid? He's either messing with you or he's a humongous moron.

this

+1

+1 more
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    funny-gif-Steve-Carell-laughing.gif
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    He's just Jelly.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options

Just staple his shirt to his desk and walk away.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Only one way to settle this....DANCE FIGHT!!!!!

mh_4_gif5.gif
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

post-15478-Nathan-Fillion-speechless-gif-esWR.gif

This. Lol.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I agree that it really kind of depends on what your goals are. I know women who lift really heavy 5 times a week, do excessive intense cardio, and eat very little food. I cannot categorize that as anything but self-abuse, so I would not say their workouts are superior to walking for 30 minutes per day.

But people who think weights are dangerous really annoy me, so I would do my best to just avoid further contact with him, rather than attempting to go back and give some "support" for your choices. You don't owe him anything. Besides, your body is an accurate reflection of how well your plan is working for you. You don't need to say more than that.
  • bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My fiancee and I do it all the time. It is hilarious. You just do the same movement over and over three times.
  • LaGioconda1957
    Options
    I think my workout is the best, too :tongue: