Do I look my weight?

Replies

• srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Yes, you look like you're at an unhealthy weight...but you're here to make a change and that's all that matters in end right?
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Yea I'd say so.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    I would also say yes, but it's ok you're here, so you won't look it for long :)
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    I never know about the numbers! But I would say that you do look overweight. But that does not mean you are not attractive! It is good that your motivation is for being healthier and feeling better, because those are the true wins!

i do know where you are coming from though. I have, my entire life, looked like I weigh MORE than I do because of the way I carry my weight. I once had one of those people at a carnival guess my weight, and he guessed 12 pounds over my current weight!! I was 16 years old, and it devastated me!

I finally have made peace with my shape, and I know how to dress my body so I look hot now!

All the best to you.
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    I'm older and sensitive to these questions. I still have weight issues..... but to answer your question: You look like you are under five feet five. That said..... you should weigh around 150 to 160, at the least...... but don't rush it, don't starve yourself. Set a plan. As soon as you lose ten pounds you are going to feel soooo much better and then look better , too. Set smaller goals because in order to look as good as you want ... it's going to take some walking..... some dance videos...... some reviewing of what you are eating...... daily. Do it. You look like you are a happy person with friends, support, and a positive attitude. The health benefits of being in your proper weight range is worth its weight in gold. You will feel like a million bucks. Best wishes.
    Aww thanks :)

Yeah I'm 4'11 and I believe I'm supposed to weigh like 105 sooo yeah I've got a long way to go haha. Thanks for all your support though and yeah I've already lost 7 pounds in the first 3 weeks and I feel pretty good so I'm motivated and ready to lose 100 pounds more!
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Yes, I would have guessed around 250ish.

Thanks for your honesty!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    BTW even though I'm not losing weight for the looks, I am doing it because I feel unhealthy. I was a smoker and heavy drinker so I'm just to just trying to all together turn my life around and be fit. I want to run marathons and climb mountains :)
    You have good and worthwhile goals. Just get healthy and strong, looks will follow naturally.
  • Yes! I was heavier than you 246/250 almost two years ago. speaking for myself! I was in denial when it came down to my weight at times. one of my reality checks was when the weight began to creep back into the 230's and I remember promising myself that I would never go back to 250 if I could control it. I now weigh 211 pounds with the help of watching calories and exercise. This is a lifestyle journey for me and it took me a while to realize that. The point that I am trying to make is , If you are happy with the way you look than that's ok but if you know deep inside you want to make a change "GO FOR IT".
  • Sure, glad you're here. I encourage you to find those marathons and mountains because it won't be long you will be running and climbing them all!
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Yes, you do.

I have the same problem though. I'm always shocked when I see myself in a mirror.
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Yes. Like what the others said you do look like your weight. Its great that you are here trying to be healthy. That's the most important thing.
  • hey you know what...I never thought I did either and I think it is really difficult to look at yourself each day and have a nonpartial view...the thing that shocked me into action wasn't my health even though that was starting to be an issue...it was seeing my butt randomly in a security camera and thinking it was someone else's...a really big someone else's... totally shocking ... so I highly recommend soliciting friends to take random un-posed and unexpected butt shots just for the added reinforcement should you need it down the line when your motivation wanes... its like when people go grey but they think their hair is still black...but good show and kudos to you for wanting to be able to live life! I am down 85 pounds and feeling fabulous!!! It is soooooooooo worth it...and the looks thing is icing on the cake lol!
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Somewhere around there, but beautiful! Peception is difficult- at my highest, I thought I looked much smaller than my weight. At my lowest (unhealthily low for me, dealing with a moderate eating disorder), I thought I was huge. Now I am starting at the high end of a healthy BMI and wanting to lose fat and gain muscle- looking in the mirror is still rough sometimes in that I want to picture myself at my healthy, but ideal weight. I know you have it in you to get to a healthy weight for you- you can do it!
  • amyfliesalot
    amyfliesalot Posts: 51 Member
    Ummm... gotta be honest- you do look your weight. That said, you are making changes to become healthy, so who cares? Let's just make that your "BEFORE" picture. Take your measurements, too. You will hit plateaus and not lose sometimes, but having pictures and measurements will help keep you motivated. It's great when you can see the differences someplace other than the scale. Good luck to you!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Since you are only 4'11", I would think you would be larger at that weight, so I would put you around 200 at the most.
    I am 5'6" and started here at 228, and you look smaller than I did then. But I carry my weight all in my belly and you seem to have it more evenly distributed. That is healthier to have it that way, and easier to dress to conceal some of the extra weight.
    But great that you are tackling it now to prevent health issues later on.

I always thought I looked smaller in the mirror than in pictures. Not sure why, but it seems to be a common misperception.

Keep up the good work and you will see results soon!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    I am not good at guessing weight, especially on someone 6" shorter than me so I don't really have an answer for you there. I just came to say you are much braver and more gracious than I ever was and I commend you for that! The looks will come in time if you make health and strength your top priorities.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    I came when somebody asked what I was having
  • Rochester_mom
    Rochester_mom Posts: 100 Member
    I would have guessed a bit over 200 - good luck on attaining those goals of marathons and mountains! Also, good for you for quitting smoking and cutting down on alcohol. Those can be difficult hurdles!! Good luck!
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Isnt it weird how the mirrior plays tricks on us? I do not think you look like you weigh that much, but the scale doesn't lie. Believe it, and stay here and get healthy with all of us!
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    I am sorry I am not good at this. Even after losing more than 25 pounds, I feel the same. I am very glad you have come here and will reach goal you have set for sure.
    You seem like a very sweet person and have got a great smile:) I am also very happy you said you are doing this for health, smoking hot body will follow :)
    :flowerforyou: