Replies

• MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    hlnwo.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Come on guys! For another man to hit on a straight guys makes u feel super strange!! He's cute-he just doesn't want meat packers:laugh: near him...

I am assuming that this is a joking/sarcastic comment, as otherwise it would be a totally obnoxious, offensive, bigoted and ignorant comment to make. And I would hate to assume that.

ETA: I am very confused by the use of 'u'.
    all of this^
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd be flattered if a female sent me a weird message. At least you know your hotness transcends both genders.

Busting up:laugh:
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    DUDE WANTS CHICKS! YEAH!!!

To send weird messages to, no doubt...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Come on guys! For another man to hit on a straight guys makes u feel super strange!! He's cute-he just doesn't want meat packers:laugh: near him...

Why not? What would be the fear of someone's sexuality? Sometimes when a person is very uncomfortable around someone who is homosexual it may be a sign that they have not completely accepted his or her own sexuality.

The reason to fear said meat packers being near you is because you may be fearful that your curiosity will get the best of you and succumb to wanting to see how they pack the meat. I of course have no insight into OP's true motivation be it fear, curiosity, or loathing. I think most of the people on here thought it was a weird post, and it's perfect fodder for comedy.

PS-there is nothing wrong with wanting to see meat packed. I like to think of sexuality like a continuum some of us are on either ends no attraction to the opposite or same sex. Some of us like to hang out right in the middle...we are the greedy bunch. Some of us are just a little curious and those are the college experimenters. Some are confused and scared that they keep drifting towards the middle.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I consider same sex compliments to be the highest of all compliments.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Ds0BLfG.jpg
  • samiyan05
    samiyan05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I get hit on by chick's quite a bit and it's awkward. I'm not homophobic by any means but that doesn't mean I'm forced to just tolerate what makes me uncomfortable. I don't get why it's offensive to not want people of the same sex ogling you. I wish people wouldn't make everything about hate or prejudice. Why can't it just be as simple as I don't like how that makes me feel. If you're not gay you have a right to not be gay. Why do I have to pretend to want to be just to be "politically correct". It's so stupid...... Sits and waits for the hateful responses
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    *Backs out slowly*

Something a man couldn't say in this topic.....

:laugh: :laugh:

Ha! :heart:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I get hit on by chick's quite a bit and it's awkward. I'm not homophobic by any means but that doesn't mean I'm forced to just tolerate what makes me uncomfortable. I don't get why it's offensive to not want people of the same sex ogling you. I wish people wouldn't make everything about hate or prejudice. Why can't it just be as simple as I don't like how that makes me feel. If you're not gay you have a right to not be gay. Why do I have to pretend to want to be just to be "politically correct". It's so stupid...... Sits and waits for the hateful responses

Getting hit on by dudes makes me feel awkward so, rather that get mad about dudes trying to make me be anything, I tell them politely I'm not interested. Chicks who flirt with you aren't forcing you to be gay, I promise. Like, what does that even mean? Telling someone you aren't interested isn't Un-PC and you don't have to pretend to be gay to fulfill some "not homophobic" requirement.
    I don't even get this.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I treat unwanted attention like I treat unwanted attention. The exact same way. I politely decline. No need to be a douche just because the genitals differ from one person to the next.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

I didn't realize it was "pretending to want to be gay" to respond to someone's unwanted advances with a respectful "Thank you that is very kind, but I am not interested."

What does that make me when I say that to a man? Am I pretending to be gay to prevent straight man I'm unattracted to from hitting on me again?

Just out of curiosity, if you get hit on by a man you find unattractive, are you equally disgusted? If not, you might want to revisit the possibility that you might be homophobic.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Why do I have to pretend to want to be just to be "politically correct". It's so stupid...... Sits and waits for the hateful responses

Who said you had to? It sounds like you're taking things out of context just to drum up drama...that or you lack reading comprehension skills.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    You do realize that the OP received weird messages from one gay man but has decided that all gay men are going to behave in a similar manner...yep sounds homophobic and small minded to me.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Why do I have to pretend to want to be just to be "politically correct". It's so stupid...... Sits and waits for the hateful responses

Who said you had to? It sounds like you're taking things out of context just to drum up drama...that or you lack reading comprehension skills.

That or she thinks she has to pretend to be gay in order to treat a gay person like a human being.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You have to be careful or you will catch the gay.
  • samiyan05
    samiyan05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I never said they are going to "turn me gay" and I don't think not liking it automatically makes someone a douche. I'm never rude. I do the exact same thing you say you do. I just also don't pretend to be completely okay with it just so I don't offend anyone.

I'm not talking about my approach to declining their advances. And I never said I was "disgusted" you are reading what you want out of my post for argument sake. I decline anyone the exact same way. I'm just saying it's okay to not like it. It's okay to not want to be approached by gay people. It doesn't automatically make you a terrible person.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I never said they are going to "turn me gay" and I don't think not liking it automatically makes someone a douche. I'm never rude. I do the exact same thing you say you do. I just also don't pretend to be completely okay with it just so I don't offend anyone.

I'm not talking about my approach to declining their advances. And I never said I was "disgusted" you are reading what you want out of my post for argument sake. I decline anyone the exact same way. I'm just saying it's okay to not like it. It's okay to not want to be approached by gay people. It doesn't automatically make you a terrible person.

Actually that sounds fairly terrible, sorry to say.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This thread's still here?

Fascinating.
This discussion has been closed.