I've put on 5 pounds in the past 2 weeks....

Options
And I have no idea why. I've weighed everything, logged everthing. I've been in the 220's for a few months now and now I'm back up to 230. Too much sodium is getting old as an excuse...not going to quit but just getting frustrated. Thanks..

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    It could be just water but you're probably eating too much.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    That must be water weight. In no way someone could gain so much fat in 2 weeks, of which sodium could be a cause, but there are so many other as well. Drinking enough for example?
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Water weight most likely, your fat cells expand with water until it can be replaced by fat again, when you're not eating enough to make stores, the water weight will fall off. Sometimes it can take a while.

That or you're getting caught by some sneaky calories. I know I've had that several times >:
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I gain 5 pounds once a month (if you know what I mean) but seeing as you're a guy, I guess that's not it. :(
  • Wilhellmina
    Options
    It could be just water but you're probably eating too much.

Looking at his diary I don't think so! Looks more like the wrong kind of 'diet' food, pretzels, pizza, ice cream.. just to mention a few...
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That must be water weight. In no way someone could gain so much fat in 2 weeks, of which sodium could be a cause, but there are so many other as well. Drinking enough for example?

I have a bad habit of not tracking my water but I have been drinking my 8 glasses a day. I'll try uping my intake...maybe that will help.
  • Wilhellmina
    Options

I have a bad habit of not tracking my water but I have been drinking my 8 glasses a day. I'll try uping my intake...maybe that will help.

I think you should adjust the rest of the diet and eat more healthier foods. I see you eat a hell of an amount of pizza. Tastes good of course, but is not the way to loose weight.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options

I think you should adjust the rest of the diet and eat more healthier foods. I see you eat a hell of an amount of pizza. Tastes good of course, but is not the way to loose weight.

if you're still in calorie deficit, IIFYM WTF.
    however, she does have a point... whichever way you cut it (metaphorically) pizza and weight loss aren't normally best friends.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Currently almost 70% of your calories are coming from carbs, and from the looks of it simple carbs. My suggestion would be up the amount of protein by about 75g a day, up the fat by about 25-40g per day and fill in the rest with carbs. From there, just stay within a caloric deficit for your weight and drink plenty of water. Don't worry too much about the scale, look at the mirror and measure your success by how you look and feel. If you don't feel better in a month, then change things up a bit. Side note, I looked at your diary, unless you aren't logging something, then it's not bad weight, just water. You'd have to eat 17500kc above your TDEE to gain that much weight....
  • Wilhellmina
    Options

if you're still in calorie deficit, IIFYM WTF.
    however, she does have a point... whichever way you cut it (metaphorically) pizza and weight loss aren't normally best friends.

I didn't mean his calorie intake, I was more aiming at the things he eats. To me it all looks like simple white floury stuff, snacks, etc...

I agree with Nairbjr, try to cut down the carbs!
  • rachjenn
    Options
    I've looked at your diary and I'd suggest cutting back on the carbs. Make it so you eat 40% protein... 35% good fat... 25% carbs. There's also a few foods not registering calories... for example

Dunkin Donuts - Original Blend K Cup, 1 K Cup 0 0 0 0 0 0
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    5lbs=17,500 extra calories in 2 weeks...doubtful if you are watching what you eat.

As for the Pizza psh it's healthy. There are no bad foods people come on. I eat pizza and lose weight.

As for the 15lbs Raw so you are saying you ate 52,500 surplus of calories in one week...highly doubtful as well.

Water weight can be put on for a variety of reasons....I have it typically Tuesdays and Thursdays and Saturdays...why because I lift heavy things and my muscle retain to help repair. Along with too much sodium or ToM or whatever.
  • rachjenn
    Options
    I've looked at your diary and I'd suggest cutting back on the carbs. Make it so you eat 40% protein... 35% good fat... 25% carbs. There's also a few foods not registering calories... for example

It also looks like your "naughty day" is Sunday - or just last Sunday? Lots of sweets & naughty things. Eating healthy in the morning/mid afternoon doesn't make up for a high-(empty) calorie evening
  • SezxyStef
    Options

There are no calories in black coffee.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    Options
    Everyone is just gonna say its water weight blah blah blah

You know what? I gained 15 pounds in 1 week, everyone said it was water weight, yet it took a month to get off just like "normal fat" it wasn't water weight. Some people are full of it.

In order for you to gain 15lbs of fat in 1 week, you would have to eat 52,500 of calories above your TDEE. This means that you ate almost 10,000kc every day... Sounds like something in else in your equation is off...
  • BenjaminMFP88
    Options

I prefer my macros as 50% Carbs, 20% Fats and 30% Protein which works well for me. Remember Fiber and Sugar are carbs, so be sure to eat enough fiber and limit Sugar as much as possible.
  • Wilhellmina
    Options

As for the Pizza psh it's healthy. There are no bad foods people come on.

Since when?
  • Rawfoodsho
    Options
    Everyone is just gonna say its water weight blah blah blah

You know what? I gained 15 pounds in 1 week, everyone said it was water weight, yet it took a month to get off just like "normal fat" it wasn't water weight. Some people are full of it.

In order for you to gain 15lbs of fat in 1 week, you would have to eat 52,500 of calories above your TDEE. This means that you ate almost 10,000kc every day... Sounds like something in else in your equation is off...

The math was done long ago when this happened....Thanks though? I dont care about the math it still happened.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

As for the Pizza psh it's healthy. There are no bad foods people come on.

Since when?

Since the dawn of Pizza kind....what is wrong with Pizza, you get carbs, protien, calcium, potassium, iron and lots of other vitamins depending on what kind. And when I make it I get full on on piece for 451 calories.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I had a little look at your diary... I notice you're measuring with cups and tbsps. etc, ie 0.5 packet, 1 cup. It might be an idea to use the food scales instead, for everything you eat, as they're so much more accurate. A couple of hundred calories either way can make a real difference.