AMA says to cancel Thanksgiving due to obesity epidemic

Options

Replies

• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I'm totally "over" Thanksgiving anyway. Are turkey and stuffing REALLY that good? I vote "no". If I had my way I'd eat sushi, blue cheese crumbles, queso and buffalo wings.

Shocked.gif
  • nordeast_yah
    Options
    "TOPIC: AMA says to cancel Thanksgiving due to obesity epidemic "

Citation, please?

I can't find anything about this on the Googles.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I celebrate thanksgiving but I never committed genocide and neither had any of my ancestors. I guess I'm doing it wrong.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    C7gAYCU.jpg
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    How are we going to fall asleep in the middle of our college football game then?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I am 100% behind this idea.

A holiday dedicated to eating? So wrong. So wrong. It should be illegal and anyone caught celebrating arrested.
    agreed.

perhaps a turkey-tax will help.

i'm currently developing a gravy recipe that includes raspberry ketones, cayenne lemon-water, sensa, and powdered cauliflower (instead of flour), so if anyone wants it, i'd be more than happy to share it and help keep your family healthy this holiday season.

That's what I'm saying...they don't need to cancel the entire holiday...just make it healthier by banning the turkey and potatoes and yams and all that unhealthy **** and replacing with cauliflower and what not...raspberry ketone gravy is an awesome idea...maybe a cauliflower turkey...
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I dont eat meat anymore. My husband doesnt like turkey. My family has stopped doing Thanksgiving. My kids arent home for Thanksgiving. All good reasons for me not to overeat. Thinking of going to Chicago to see Wicked with my husband instead and maybe getting dinner at a nice restaurant to celebrate. Or we may just stay home be couch potatoes and watch movies. When I was younger my grandparents used to do Thanksgiving and my grandmother would make us all contribute. Since they have passed no one wants to take on the challenge or expense. Oh well it is what it is! Either way NO ONE is MAKING you overeat! End of story!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I am working anyway so it matters not to me... :tongue:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Are turkey and stuffing REALLY that good?

Yes, especially my sausage and cornbread stuffing. Also turkey is a rockin' protein source...
  • gimpy117
    gimpy117 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    maybe portion control is in order....
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

A holiday dedicated to eating? So wrong. So wrong. It should be illegal and anyone caught celebrating arrested.
    agreed.

i'm currently developing a gravy recipe that includes raspberry ketones, cayenne lemon-water, sensa, and powdered cauliflower (instead of flour), so if anyone wants it, i'd be more than happy to share it and help keep your family healthy this holiday season.

That's what I'm saying...they don't need to cancel the entire holiday...just make it healthier by banning the turkey and potatoes and yams and all that unhealthy **** and replacing with cauliflower and what not...raspberry ketone gravy is an awesome idea...maybe a cauliflower turkey...
    Turkey, potatoes and yams are now unhealthy foods?
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    If you can grow it you can eat it!

Does this count for beards? It's just something that popped into my head.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    That's fine, I know a few people who don't celebrate holidays. They get the family together, make a turkey and all the fixins, spend the day together on a certain Thursday (or the closest weekend) in November, but it is NOT Thanksgiving...they don't believe in the holiday or celebrating the holiday.

So, you know...we can do that instead.

PS: This works for Christmas too, if you don't want to celebrate that. Apparently, if you take out the tree and decorations, it's not Christmas anymore and everything else is ok, because it's just family getting together, eating and exchanging gifts for no apparent reason.
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Dagnabit. I was expecting Rick.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm totally "over" Thanksgiving anyway. Are turkey and stuffing REALLY that good? I vote "no". If I had my way I'd eat sushi, blue cheese crumbles, queso and buffalo wings.

That just means you haven't had really good turkey and stuffing! Although, queso and buffalo wings sounds pretty freaking awesome for Thanksgiving, especially since there's about 10 football games on that day.

My husband smokes the turkey these days, so it is pretty good..... for turkey. Turkey is just meh.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

That just means you haven't had really good turkey and stuffing! Although, queso and buffalo wings sounds pretty freaking awesome for Thanksgiving, especially since there's about 10 football games on that day.

My husband smokes the turkey these days, so it is pretty good..... for turkey. Turkey is just meh.
    Where does he get rolling papers that big?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I think that's nuts.

Not everyone's obese for the same reasons.

I reached my highest weight from drinking white chocolate mochas on my way home from my stressful job and going out for dinner 5 nights a week.

Not from Thanksgiving. I never even liked that food. I would usually pick at some cranberries and have one roll and then make myself scrambled eggs at 8 pm on that day.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options

Bahahahaha oh my god I just spit out my tasty beverage. Thank you.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

how-to-quit-smoking-cold-turkey.jpg
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

agreed.

Turkey, potatoes and yams are now unhealthy foods?

uh yeah. duh.

turkey has fat, yams caramelize (which creates sugar), potatoes are bad carbs!

please do some research before thanksgiving and see the truth!!