AMA says to cancel Thanksgiving due to obesity epidemic

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    They can have my turkey leg when they pry it from my dead cold fingers.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I'm still only waiting on eggnog for Christmas time. Going to take a full day to drink nothing but eggnog. That's as far as my celebrating goes lol.

If you've never just dumped a carton of eggnog into an ice cream maker .. you should.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    The holiday is suppose to be dedicated to giving thanks and being appreciative of your blessings NOT eating yourself into a coma. We need to change the way we THINK then we can change our bad habits.
  • imju5tme
    imju5tme Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The holiday is suppose to be dedicated to giving thanks and being appreciative of your blessings NOT eating yourself into a coma. We need to change the way we THINK then we can change our bad habits.

that exactly.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    maybe portion control is in order....

HEATHEN!!!!!!! YOU ARE HEREBY BANNED FROM ALL FURTHER DISCUSSIONS INVOLVING AMERICA'S FAVORITE PASTIME: EATING!
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    The AMA really needs to come up with something better to do; like policing the snake oil salesmen - oops, drugs companies - so that they aren't pushing pills as a solution for every silly problem they think they can make a buck over.

Then again, what's the chance of that happening?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yea....let's ban a national holiday that resonates back to the Original 13 Colonies. Great idea! Just like Christmas and every other holiday/event that involves food (birthdays, football games, Halloween, New Years', office parties, etc.). Let's go ahead and ban those too while we're at it!
    Yes! We have at least two of us who believe this. Let's start a movement!

Wait wait .. If you recall your thanksgiving traditions, 2 people is not a movement (just a ploy to avoid getting drafted) .. 3 people may be considered an organization ... it's very clear that 50 people a day is what it would take to constitute a movement.
    Well ... we have to start somewhere.
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    How much rum goes in that eggnog? :-)
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I'm still only waiting on eggnog for Christmas time. Going to take a full day to drink nothing but eggnog. That's as far as my celebrating goes lol.

If you've never just dumped a carton of eggnog into an ice cream maker .. you should.
    I have not!! But this sounds O.o Yummy lol.
  • rml_16
    Options

I have not!! But this sounds O.o Yummy lol.
    If you live anywhere near Ithaca, NY, or are ever in that area (Finger Lakes region) around the holidays, you MUST try Purity Eggnog.

O.M.G. There is no eggnog in the universe that even comes close.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

That's not a celebration, that's a diet.
  • LSeales
    LSeales Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    SayWhat.gif

^ gif is NOT racist.

lol @ Bell Biv Devoe
    *ahem*

THAT is New Edition.

Ronny, Bobby, Ricky and Mike, if I like a girl, who cares who you like?

This is exactly what went through my head when I saw this. LOVED that song!

Oh! And cancel Thanksgiving? Tha hell you say?!?!
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Turducken... Mmmmmmm
  • 87monkey
    87monkey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    lol yes Americans are obese because of thanksgiving *rolls eyes* ...maybe we should ban everyday
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    So obesity is just a problem in countries that celebrate Thanksgiving? Phew, we Brits are safe then...erm wait a minute :noway:
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Can't we do both?
  • rml_16
    Options

Can't we do both?
    No turkey for you!
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    They can have my turkey leg when they pry it from my dead cold fingers.

Hi Mike!
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    U2v0g.gif
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    WTF

Vh-funny-turkey-01_zpsb1290cf3.jpg