women 5'5 goal weight?

Options

Replies

• JumpJunkieJoe
    JumpJunkieJoe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not weighing myself until Friday (long story) but last I checked I was 156, my goal is to be 120-130. I choose that weight range because I seem to gain weight very easily. As in if I tone down my workouts, don't count calories, and eat out maybe 2 times a week in about a weeks time I'll gain back like 3-5lbs. If that isn't enough it takes a lot for me to lose that weight all over again. I'd rather be on the smaller side so that I can eat what I want on occasion and within reason without feeling bad about it
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    I'm 185 now, but my measurements and BF% are much lower than other girls my height and weight, so I did the math to calculate what my weight would be at my ideal BF% (21%) and figured it's 160 - which still puts me at an "overweight" BMI, but that is a flawed calculation for some people.
  • MrsBingley
    Options
    145. I've been 145 before, it looked right and felt right. I was a size 7. I have a "thicker" mental ideal than most, I guess. I want to be curvy and tone. I'm not remotely interested in being skinny. It doesn't look good on me.
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just wondering what your goal weight is? Right now I'm aiming for 125-130 but might go lower once I get there.

well im 5'6 and medium build...my doc says 130 is my goal weight...so you should probably aim for 125.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options

I hear ya girl. Started at 277. Anything in the 1's was good enough to make me happy. I'm now 150 and am anxious to get to goal at about 140 but i'm just happy as can be where i'm at so if it takes another year thats fine by me!

You rock!!
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I started at 178. Got on MFP at 174. Set a goal of 154 and kept going. I am at 131 today. I float +/- 2 pounds.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" (and a half) and I weigh 127. My original goal was 125, though I'm sure I could go as low as 120. I carry more weight in my lower half than my top, so 120 would probably make my legs as slim as I like but I'm already starting to look a little gaunt on my top half. So it really depends on how you carry weight. For me, this 125-130 is a nice weight. I'm a 4/6.
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am setting a goal weight of 153 and will reevalute once I reach that number.
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    My goal is 135-140 and am currently at 160
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    5 foot 5.... I am 131 ish, I want 125 !.....I want to fit my prom dress !
  • billymacintosh
    billymacintosh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 154 now and aiming for about 130 I think although might reevaluate once I get there. Tbh I think lower would be too low for my frame
    Billy x
  • kristinap88
    Options
    I am 5'5 and my goal weight is 130.
  • ckone4me
    ckone4me Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started at 195. Now I am 148, I wish to be140. I need to keep moving to tone up but I do not want to lose much more then 10lbs. I am in a size 7 or 8 now.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just wondering what your goal weight is? Right now I'm aiming for 125-130 but might go lower once I get there.

That too is my goal weight.
  • Beckaroo94
    Options
    Currently 167 and aiming for 126 lb
  • dianahoo
    dianahoo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and started MFP at 147. My original goal weight was 125 and I've since adjusted it to 120. I tend to carry my weight around my hips and thighs and that extra 5 lbs needs to go to try and balance out my top and bottom halves! But, I think that your body frame really plays a big part in deciding what weight best suits you.
  • sxynanaplay
    sxynanaplay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5'5, my current weight is 178 and I would like to be 140-145ish. Depending on how I look I may go lower to 130 if possible but I am top heavy so I don't think I could ever be that small. I want to focus on strength training and toning
  • _Phoenyx_
    _Phoenyx_ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    145. I've been 145 before, it looked right and felt right. I was a size 7. I have a "thicker" mental ideal than most, I guess. I want to be curvy and tone. I'm not remotely interested in being skinny. It doesn't look good on me.

This. My goal is ~155
  • mingecrackers
    Options
    Between 110 and 115lbs. I've been 118lbs and felt I still needed to drop a bit more being bottom heavy
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Well I'm 5'6" so I've always heard this. 100#s for the first 5 feet then add 5# for each additional inch. So I would say my goal is 130# more or less.