Does diarrhea count as exercise???

Options
1235»

Replies

• ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I once had a week long virus that gave me constant diarrhea. I lost 10 pounds.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Diarrhea burns about the same amount as light cleaning but not as much as 10 minutes of dog walking.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • YoungIronG
    YoungIronG Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    if youre eating chili, it just cancels out
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    if you're ill, forget logging until you're better. Seriously, you're not going to get fat or fail at dieting because you had a couple of days off when you were ill...
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    Diarrhea of the mouth is when someone won't shut up. If one's jaw is moving constantly that HAS to burn calories right?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'd be inclined to believe that constipation would be more like exercise.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    But if you sweat while pooping, then that is exercise right?! Right??

But on a more serious note, I want to know why some "dieters" take laxatives as a weight loss thing. How does that make them lose weight?

Dehydration. Makes the scale number lower, but meaningless and dangerous.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking high rep bodyweight squats if you have to visit the toilet a lot.

You will be losing water weight, though. Unless you drink it afterwards.
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    did you weigh it yet? Do you have a food scale?

I remember watching a TV show years ago, I don't even remember what is was but there was an girl with an ED who weighed everything before she ate/drank it and then weighed everything that came back out to ensure that it all came out to zero. And no I don't really think that is how it works but this thread totally brought it back to mind.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    did you weigh it yet? Do you have a food scale?

I remember watching a TV show years ago, I don't even remember what is was but there was an girl with an ED who weighed everything before she ate/drank it and then weighed everything that came back out to ensure that it all came out to zero. And no I don't really think that is how it works but this thread totally brought it back to mind.

Original CSI I think. The girl was a model right? Had a twin who was homeless? Something like that.
  • KindredSouls
    KindredSouls Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    57080-Hall-Pass-sneeze-gif-imgur-Dea-MkvY.gif
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    57080-Hall-Pass-sneeze-gif-imgur-Dea-MkvY.gif

I cannot stop watching this
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    movie43dump_medium.jpeg
  • KavitaPirmal
    Options
    I was wondering this same thing because it's not that you're losing a lot of calories from taking a dump, its more like since you have diarrhea food passes through you too fast for your body to reabsorb water (which is why you should be hydrating) but does that also mean that it passes too fast for your body to absorb the calories it needs? I think the answer is yes, it does, but as for how much I do not know.