Mom with 100lbs to lose just starting. Looking for friends!

Options
I'm looking for friends in a similar situation or have had success in this situation and can be a great encourager. I'll encourage you too! I'm a stay at home Mom of 3 little girls and I have just started with MFP 3 days ago. I have 100 lbs to lose and I plan to do this slow and steady with 30 mins of exercise a day and MFP recommended calories. I know this will take me over a year.

I have a great sense of humour and am a great encourager. I'd also welcome anyone who's no nonsense and can call me on it when I'm not being accountable!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    if your from CANADA,,,,, THEN YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • rebekahann09
    rebekahann09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting your journey. It's not easy, stick with it every day. You can do it! Let your girls be your motivation :) I'm a stay at home mom as well!
  • lrevels1
    lrevels1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a SAHM mom to 3 kids with over a 100lbs to lose. I started about a month ago. Feel free to add me.
  • JenSBrown2015
    JenSBrown2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    mom of 2 kids. I have 100 lbs to lose in total. I have already lost 26 lbs in just over 3 months.....you can do it!! feel free to add me
  • ItsAnIllusion
    ItsAnIllusion Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a mom to two and am a few months into this now.
  • ripzone13
    ripzone13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a busy mom with up to 100 lbs to lose as well. Add me if you'd like! My first goal is to lose 50...then we'll keep going. I only have 30 minutes a day to workout, so I have to make the most of my time. Welcome, and good luck!
  • Drpingel
    Drpingel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM of 2 girls. I want to loose 50 to 75 pounds and do it right. I've lost 50 pounds before only to get pregnant again. Good luck. Hopefully we can help each other out.

Dawn
  • JaiMonty
    Options
    I'm not a birth mom, but I have custody of my two Godsons (4years old and 4months) and I'm trying to lose 100 pounds too! I've lost 4 pounds since starting in mid October just by adding 30 mins of cardio a day and tracking/consuming the calorie goal thru mfp. I'm looking for friends as well if you'd like to add me :)
  • Mkhryan
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mom and a Nana with over 100lbs to lose. I been going since the end of Feb and have lost over 70lbs so far.
    you can add me as friend.
  • dshields2013
    Options
    I also have 100 pounds to lose. It will be a long journey but the rewards will be worth it! That's what I have to focus on...how much healthier I'll feel.
  • alisonb2582
    alisonb2582 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm on the right board. :) I want to lose about 195lbs... It will take me a while, but I'm determined with support from other women like you all! I don't want to get discouraged.. I'm looking for buddies that will help me stay motivated and give me ideas on foods that are easy to make, but also satisfying... Send me a message! I will help you stay motivated too so we can do this together!
  • All of you CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! and feel free to add me. but im all about the positive reinforcement. no negative vibes. blegh
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't have much to lose and in fact I am at the part of my journey where I care less about the scale and more about trying to shrink measurements. I want to congratulate you for taking the steps to get healthy. Finding supportive pals on here has helped me so much. I love to encourage and support my pals on here and anyone can feel free to add me.
    Tara
  • girlcalledryan
    girlcalledryan Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am closing in on the end of my journey. I am a mom, and I have less than 20# left to lose, but I have lost over 110#. If you want to add me for support you can, I know what it's like to have that much to lose!
  • sjayleen
    sjayleen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mommy of 1 here with 30lbs to loose add me.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a sahm to 3 girls (13, 8 and 3) plus nanny for another 3 yr old girl lol I am crazy ;) and I am on the long journey to lose at minimum 150, only 112.5 to go! Feel free to send a friend request, I log daily and check in as often as I can with my friends :)
  • MrsB10305
    MrsB10305 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am a new mom, with a 6 month old. I have 75 lbs that I want to lose. Thank you for already adding me.

I started my account with MFP in June 2013 but didn't actually start until this past Monday. I am keeping within my recommended calories and doing 30 Day Shred because like most of you I only have 30 mins a day to work out. I would love to add some of you other mom's out there so we can support each other. You can never have to much support :)

-Dawn
  • cbmae
    cbmae Posts: 19
    Options
    I plan on losing 50-60, but please send me some requests! I'm a brand new SAHM (10 week old) with no real life mom friends, or friends in general since I moved out of state haha. Looking for positive vibes :smile:
  • Aukeilagirl
    Aukeilagirl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 100 pounds just like you. We can encourage each other. I will send you a friend request.
  • peltonbowman
    peltonbowman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also a stay at home mom to a one year old girl. I have 50-60 pounds to loose! Feel free to add me!