Food to sneak in a movie theater?

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Quest bar, hot wings, water, sour patch kids, and then theater popcorn is generally how I handle long periods at the theater.

But I have a big purse.
  • alwaysgreen17
    alwaysgreen17 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've done a whole chipotle burrito once. And I put my jamba juice smoothie into a water bottle, and then threw that in my purse.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Your favorite subway sandwich. We can carry HUGE purses so really, the sky is the limit.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    With the exception of the pizza, y'all are amateurs. :laugh:

Burger, Fries, Shake. Fresh hot & ready to eat. Walk in with it in the bag. Never have questioned it...not once.

:bigsmile:

Even left the theater in-between shows & walked back in with it....they watched the whole time...:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • xxempress
    Options
    Munchie food!
    Mochi crunch, PB cups, spicy ahi roll and mochi ice cream. Sometimes a burger & fries if I'm in the mood, ha!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia so maybe it's different here. I always take a coffee and my water bottle (for later) into the movies with me.

So - get a bigger bag for a start and take what you want. I personally think that hot food is a no-no, it might smell and that could be unpleasant for other patrons, but just take whatever you would normally be eating that day.

All the above suggestions have been good. I'd take a couple of protein bars, strawberries.

The other thing you could do is have your big lunch and then tell yourself you are going to do a FAST for the remainder of the day. Take water, problem solved.

Enjoy!!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Best thing I ever sneaked into the movies was a Chipotle burrito!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Damn and all I sneak in is M&Ms to go with the popcorn
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    definitely beer....

A flask of rum is my preference. Or a bottle of it.
    Any movie can be awesome with a 44oz coke and 8oz of Cap'n.
  • Veganmafia
    Veganmafia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    carrots
    almonds
    peapod chips
    trail mix
    granola bar
    fruit leather
    pretzels
    sandwich cut in 4 small squares lol
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Best thing I ever sneaked into the movies was a Chipotle burrito!

Glad to see I'm not the only one! There's another one up there, too. :drinker:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Be creative and sneak in a pot roast.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be there for 9 hours tomorrow. My plan is to have a huge lunch, then bring some snacks with me that I can eat between the movies. So far I have protein bar and beef jerky... Any idea? It needs to fit in my purse (we're not supposed to bring food)... and I'll be there from 2pm to 11pm probably.
    9 hours? Is it a Tom Hanks, or Kevin Costner?
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Your favorite subway sandwich. We can carry HUGE purses so really, the sky is the limit.
    I always take in a Subway sandwich. Totally thought I was the only one who did that. :blushing:
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I can tell you what not to take. A bag of chinese food.

I tried it once and damn, you really need to interact with a lot of that food. Like, assemble it, I mean. Dip in stuff. Twist it around, and whatnot. No good for eating in the dark. Made such a mess. Bleh.
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    Quiet food is helpful.
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    Dried coconut
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You guys are cracking me up.

Ok I got my bigger bag out, figured I'd need room for a water bottle anyway (biggest challenge is going to be bathroom breaks, lol!). So I guess I could bring more food, but I might just go with babybel cheeses/beef jerky/protein bar anyway... Planning a huge lunch so I won't have many calories left anyway.

Thanks for the help!
  • CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That's some film!!!

3 of them. Thor marathon... Thor, Avengers, Thor 2.

pure awesomeness.... :D
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Everyone should own at least one "movie purse".

Lol. :P