123457»

Replies

• IMarieB
    IMarieB Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Here
  • starrycarina
    Options
    This is a community for fitness, healthy living and positive motivation. Does religion matter? I'm not here to talk religion. If you want Christian friends, why not seek a Christian online community?
  • crylat2013
    Options
    Aloha! I am also from the islands!!! I am living in the mainland now though. I am a Christian!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Instead, stop believing in a deity and take control of your own life.

And this is why many atheists bother me as much as devout religious people.

How about stop pushing your beliefs on others and being so freaking nasty and condescending.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    And if you want the thread to die? QUIT POSTING IN IT!!!
  • Yodifer
    Options
    You can add me but I tend to be a little bit more liberal than most Christians... and somewhere between agnostic and struggling.

I am not a Christian, but I do believe that Jesus was a liberal. :D

(and before the hate mail - my bases are covered, and I live my life as a good and giving and caring person and have nothing against honest Christians)

hehehe :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You don't earn salvation or the title; it's a gift. If you confess that Jesus is the son of God and accept him as your Lord, you're a Christian. We are perfected by Him; we are covered by His righteousness.
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me....there are lots of Christian groups on MFP if you do a search. ) Great way to stay connected.

Katie
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    ohai
  • oroblar
    oroblar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I thought gluttony was a sin? Aren't you all going to hell?

Someone please delete/report this thread. MFP is for discussing diets not a deity.

Definitely for diets only. Oh wait there is the "lick, spank, hug, roll in oats" the person above you topics, "would you date the person above you" topic, along with favorite songs, blah, blah, blah. There are many, many others that have nothing to do with dieting. You have a choice not to read or get involved in any post on here. I am a Christian, and choose not to partake in many of the threads on here, however I do not condone those that do. It's a free Country to do as you please. And for those of us that are Christians, IF we are wrong and there is no God, when we die, we lost absolutely nothing by fighting the good fight. But if we are right..... Those of you who have not accepted Jesus, have lost everything for eternity.
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Here!
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Someone please delete/report this thread. MFP is for discussing diets not a deity.

Definitely for diets only. Oh wait there is the "lick, spank, hug, roll in oats" the person above you topics, "would you date the person above you" topic, along with favorite songs, blah, blah, blah. There are many, many others that have nothing to do with dieting. You have a choice not to read or get involved in any post on here. I am a Christian, and choose not to partake in many of the threads on here, however I do not condone those that do. It's a free Country to do as you please. And for those of us that are Christians, IF we are wrong and there is no God, when we die, we lost absolutely nothing by fighting the good fight. But if we are right..... Those of you who have not accepted Jesus, have lost everything for eternity.

In total agreement. :)
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

^drizzle in honey and then roll in oats!

(am i playing this game right?)
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I am a Christian (believe it or not) but I am not the type to actually distance myself or segregate myself from others. Do people really still do this?

Its not called my Christian pal. There are people from all over the world who are trying to lose weight. Some are Christian and some are not. Its ok to friend a non-Christian.

Well said Ced!!! This applies to me also!:flowerforyou:
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options

Absolutely correct! Applauding you for this comment.... cant get any more truthful than this.... Before people start bashing You may want to change "condone" to "condemn"... ... Have a blessed day :flowerforyou:
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i believe Jesus Christ died for my sins and i strive to be a christian but still have not yet earned that title, iam a work in progress on that front , we are not perfect just forgiven

Romans 5:8

Heh, you can't 'earn' your way to being a Christian, silly! You're a saint as soon as you accept Jesus as your savior, and you're a work in progress all your life.

Okay, I'm out before this thread gets closed because I just offended someone...lol!

Luke 13:22-30
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how much BOLOGNA on this thread would be cleared up if people would just read the Bible...

btw, Christian here -- feel free to add!

Fixed it for you
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

I enjoy Pascal's Wager as much as the next heathen but I do have to point out that you have lost if you die and there is no God because you spent your life living in fear of a retribution if you stray off the path as dictated by 2000 year old goat herders.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic. This discussion is welcome to continue on in groups or private messages.

The forum guidelines include this item:

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums
Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.