imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I want all the noms! Looks delicious!
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You had me at poutine.

This! lol

What part of Canada is this happening in? I can bring my own fork!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    It's a great menu in terms of individual items, and I would seriously love to eat that menu, but no vegetable option would be considered a social goof in a lot of situations that have cocktail menus these days.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Wait, POUTINE is unhealthy? She's uninvited!!! And can you invite me? I love poutine.:love:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The reaction does seem a bit odd. It's a party after all.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,950 Member
    Options
    You had me at poutine.

This! lol

What part of Canada is this happening in? I can bring my own fork!
    Prince Edward County, a big rock mostly limestone that juts out to the middle of lake Ontario. PEC is known for it's wineries, 40 of them, artists and food........basically a resort area in the summer and a place you need to get away from in the winter...lol.
  • jwdieter
    Options
    Well, my advice would be to take nothing out but add a vegetable crudite platter. Really easy to prepare and provides both social cover and a legitimate option for people who have dietary concerns (founded or not).
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Your menu sounds fabulous! I would call that a cheat day and enjoy the craftsmanship and artistry.

I don't think people really understand that gourmet food is inherently not exactly diet friendly...and that true gourmet recipes aren't to be tweaked, substituted or preached at.
  • neanderthin
    Options
    Well, my advice would be to take nothing out but add a vegetable crudite platter. Really easy to prepare and provides both social cover and a legitimate option for people who have dietary concerns (founded or not).
    I mentioned in a subsequent post that there will be crudites along with marinated asparagus, eggplant, artichoke a choice of 3 different varieties of olives, roasted peppers for example. The table is quite extensive with pate including a vegetable pate, a variety of fruit, don't know which ones until I shop along with artisan type venison and caribou processed meats along with the usual smoked salmon and trout an assortments of breads from my friend that runs Humble Bread and has a huge wood burning oven that all products is cooked in and blah, blah........there will be a little bit of something for everyone. :smile:
  • neanderthin
    Options
    Your menu sounds fabulous! I would call that a cheat day and enjoy the craftsmanship and artistry.

I don't think people really understand that gourmet food is inherently not exactly diet friendly...and that true gourmet recipes aren't to be tweaked, substituted or preached at.
    Says the chef to the chef......I agree 100%.
  • lydbug08
    lydbug08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! what time and where???? :smile: :wink:
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    The fact you are serving REAL food (gourmet, on top of that), and not processed crap, makes it "healthy" by default ...

People need to learn that "healthy", doesn't equate to low calorie, low carb, low fat ...

You have to have wine ... maybe some wine will loosen this chick up ...

ETA: This menu is probably more nutrient dense and health-promoting than the low-cal, low-carb crap this person has probably been consuming ...
  • jwdieter
    Options
    I mentioned in a subsequent post that there will be crudites along with marinated asparagus, eggplant, artichoke a choice of 3 different varieties of olives, roasted peppers for example. The table is quite extensive with pate including a vegetable pate, a variety of fruit, don't know which ones until I shop along with artisan type venison and caribou processed meats along with the usual smoked salmon and trout an assortments of breads from my friend that runs Humble Bread and has a huge wood burning oven that all products is cooked in and blah, blah........there will be a little bit of something for everyone. :smile:

Well that's perfect. Anyone that has a problem with that setup is beyond redemption. Awesome spread.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Anyway. I'm catering a cocktail party and my wife had a few girl friends over and because one of the girls was going to be at this party asked to see the menu. Apparently the *kitten* hit the fan......too much protein, too much fat, poutine is unhealthy, pork belly will cause heart disease, too many carbs etc.......We both had a good laugh, but really, people seem to totally forget about context and dosage.......that's all, not earth shattering news, just the same old same old paranoia that seems so prevalent everywhere, except here of course. :wink:

Here's the dreaded deadly menu in question.

Onion Soup with Blue Cheese and Roasted Apple Skewers

Lobster Slider in a Choux Paste chive bun

Asian Style Pork Belly

Salmon Gravlax on Tarragon Blini’s with Sour Cream and fried Capers

Duck Confit Poutine

Blue Cheese Soufflés with Poached Pear and Walnuts

Ahi Tuna Taco’s

Rib Eye, Red Onion Marmalade, Garlic Aioli on Focaccia

Boursin with Grilled Mushroom, Red Pepper Compote on Crostini

Lamb sticks with Moroccan Spices

Cheese and Charcuterie Table
    Oyster Bar
    Assorted Desserts

EDIT: spelling

They .. They know that they don't have to eat one of everything, right?? Ahi Tacos are a nearly perfectly balanced meal ..
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Well some of the stuff I am sure is unhealthy but I see healthy things there as well (ahi tuna, etc) so if that lady doesn't like it, SCREW HER ITS NOT HER PARTY.

PS Can I come to your party plz?
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Yum the menu sounds good. Ignore the haters. Someone needs to see a shrink.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    holy cow that sounds amazing
  • neanderthin
    Options
    Just thought I'd let ya'll know that the party went off well. 2 vegetarians, which I wasn't told about enjoyed it very much, but I did have one vegan that was pretty upset that there was nothing for her to eat.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Yay!

But wasn't there going to be fruit and veg platters? Surely the vegan could have eaten from those?