20 yr reunion

CyclingDiva
CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
Ok so we here there is going to be a 20 yr reunion and what do we do....WE FREAK! Spend endless months trying to prepare to look somewhat decent or the unrealistic thinking, I am going to make myself look as skinny as I was in high schoo! YEAH sorry to burst your bubble, but NOT HAPPENING! :ohwell:

Well this weekend was my 20 yr . (ok 18 yr) but it was a combined classes of 87, 88, 89, and my class of 1990. We were a very small, small school and very close to each other. Some of us still are! GOOD GOD that brought on more pressure to look my best!

Anyways....

I got the invite back in Feb. so I set out to lose 20 lbs. before the day came. Plenty of time right?
Well as you can all see from my progress I only lost 5 lbs. (as much as I kill myself with exercise and good eating) I was so disappointed in myself and almost didn't want to go because of it, but what a silly, vane reason! GET OVER MYSELF...RIGHT? GEEZZZZ! LOL! :laugh:

So throughout the night my best friend (who also went to school with all of us) said, everyone was telling her all night Kelly looks so good and I even got a few compliments myself.
I told my husband people usually just say those things to your face and they're just being nice, but to say that to someone else...okay maybe I don't looks as bad as I thought? :happy:
I even saw my :heart: "first love' :heart: I hadn't seen him in 15 yrs and he told me a few times through out the night how great I looked. I think he even said, I looked the best he ever seem me look. :blushing: This is coming from someone who I was sleeping with back then hehehe! :tongue: :bigsmile:
It turned out to be a fantastic night and the family picnic was so much fun too!
So whatever you do don't skip your reunion because you never know! :bigsmile:
Kelly! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• CyclingDiva
    Ok so we here there is going to be a 20 yr reunion and what do we do....WE FREAK! Spend endless months trying to prepare to look somewhat decent or the unrealistic thinking, I am going to make myself look as skinny as I was in high schoo! YEAH sorry to burst your bubble, but NOT HAPPENING! :ohwell:

Well this weekend was my 20 yr . (ok 18 yr) but it was a combined classes of 87, 88, 89, and my class of 1990. We were a very small, small school and very close to each other. Some of us still are! GOOD GOD that brought on more pressure to look my best!

Anyways....

I got the invite back in Feb. so I set out to lose 20 lbs. before the day came. Plenty of time right?
    Well as you can all see from my progress I only lost 5 lbs. (as much as I kill myself with exercise and good eating) I was so disappointed in myself and almost didn't want to go because of it, but what a silly, vane reason! GET OVER MYSELF...RIGHT? GEEZZZZ! LOL! :laugh:

So throughout the night my best friend (who also went to school with all of us) said, everyone was telling her all night Kelly looks so good and I even got a few compliments myself.
    I told my husband people usually just say those things to your face and they're just being nice, but to say that to someone else...okay maybe I don't looks as bad as I thought? :happy:
    I even saw my :heart: "first love' :heart: I hadn't seen him in 15 yrs and he told me a few times through out the night how great I looked. I think he even said, I looked the best he ever seem me look. :blushing: This is coming from someone who I was sleeping with back then hehehe! :tongue: :bigsmile:
    It turned out to be a fantastic night and the family picnic was so much fun too!
    So whatever you do don't skip your reunion because you never know! :bigsmile:
    Kelly! :flowerforyou:
  • MJV40
    MJV40 Posts: 9
    Congratulation Kelly! glad you had a great time at your reunion. You lool amazing in the picture!
    Mary Jo
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    :tongue: Gawd I haven't BEEN to a HS reunion...EVER. I just want to forget the whole experience!:grumble:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Yay!!
    Just between you and I... you look the bestest in that pic:wink:

Speaking of highschool and love.... I was searching for some of my highschool friends on myspace and I found my HS love!... He hasn't been on since April so I doubt he'll be hopping on to myspace soon.

Anywho... got off track a bit... way to go on going to your reunion. :drinker:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Yup, mine is next month! This was one of my goals! My hs boyfriend will be there. Haven't seen him since college. We actually just contacted each other through facebook. Very awkward and weird. But he's going and I would love to lose another 8 by then. I'm not that far from HS weight! But my body shape is NOT the same! Obviously! having 2 large boys! But, I think I'll feel good about it.
    I have never been to a reunion yet. I figured 20 years is long enough for a lot to have happened to all of us. And I don't even think 1/16th of the class is going to show up! Whatever, it's a night out!
  • Healthier_Me
    Yup, mine is next month! This was one of my goals! My hs boyfriend will be there. Haven't seen him since college. We actually just contacted each other through facebook. Very awkward and weird. But he's going and I would love to lose another 8 by then. I'm not that far from HS weight! But my body shape is NOT the same! Obviously! having 2 large boys! But, I think I'll feel good about it.
    I have never been to a reunion yet. I figured 20 years is long enough for a lot to have happened to all of us. And I don't even think 1/16th of the class is going to show up! Whatever, it's a night out!
    Honey, you are going to knock them dead!!!
    It's very strange dipping in to the past pool... :indifferent:

• jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member

Yes. It was very strange. He emailed me his photos of his kids. This is his 2nd marriage (guess he couldn't find anyone who could measure up to me! hahaha) So, he's finally happy being a dad. I'm happy for him. But in his emails, he sounded uncomfortable, as I probably did too. But it was a unexpected break up for me, and then I had to see him in college and he made it very hard and difficult for me there. Let's just say, he made me feel like crap. I honestly thought I was going to marry the guy. Oh well, his loss! I know I'll be shaking when I see him. Isn't it weird that he still has that affect on me 20 years later?! Good God! stupid men!
  • Healthier_Me

Yes. It was very strange. He emailed me his photos of his kids. This is his 2nd marriage (guess he couldn't find anyone who could measure up to me! hahaha) So, he's finally happy being a dad. I'm happy for him. But in his emails, he sounded uncomfortable, as I probably did too. But it was a unexpected break up for me, and then I had to see him in college and he made it very hard and difficult for me there. Let's just say, he made me feel like crap. I honestly thought I was going to marry the guy. Oh well, his loss! I know I'll be shaking when I see him. Isn't it weird that he still has that affect on me 20 years later?! Good God! stupid men!
    That's what he gets for letting you go!!!:laugh:
    I know what you mean about how stupid men have an affect on us:grumble: but it's fun to relive it.
  • CyclingDiva

OMG no it's not stupid! I think it is just us being women! We fall so hard and break so easy!
    I hadn't seen my ex for 16 yrs. Last time I saw him he brought a pic of his new born son into my work to show me. I myself was 3 months pregnant. It was strange. :ohwell:
    The other night I was a bit nervous knowing he was going to be there, but I knew I was looking alright and I did feel confident!
    Ok so he called me hot a couple times. Of course I asked him if he had been locked up or something. He just laughed! :laugh:
    It was sad to see him go because he and I never ended on bad terms. I will always love him in a strange kind of way! :ohwell: He was my first love how could I not! :love:
    Good luck at your reunion and I so look forward to hearing all about it! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!