bump
  • summerroxygoodin
    summerroxygoodin Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • summerroxygoodin
    summerroxygoodin Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Lasagna is fantastic made in the crock pot. Layer it in your crockpot as you would if you were making in the oven. Start with a layer of sauce (I make mine homemade from crushed tomatoes and season to my families taste) then noodles, (make certain your noodles are uncooked) then lowfat ricotta and mozzarella. Repeat. Use the lowest setting and voila!

How long did you cook it?
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • cupcakecutie1985
    cupcakecutie1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love my slow cooker! It lets me get a decent walk in with my pup after work, and come home to a delicious smelling house! Then 'Im set for the night! Found this one in a magazine, I'm trying it tonight:

Beef Stroganoff

1.5 lbs stewing beef cut into 1 inch cubes
    garlic, calls for 2 cloves minced, but I put in enough to my taste
    1 med onion chopped
    2 cups of sliced mushrooms
    1/2 tsp of salt, pepper, oregano
    1/4 tsp dried thyme
    14 oz beef broth
    1/2 cup sherry or beef broth
    8 oz sour cream
    2 tbsp cornstarch

Just brown the beef in some oil, about a tbsp each batch. best to brown cubes in 2 batches. Mix up veggies and spices in pot then lay beef on top. Pour broth and/or sherry over meat. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Then mix cornstarch in with the sour cream and add to crock pot for another 30 mins...serve over hot noodles. I'm using the broad yoke less egg noodles! Enjoy!
    Hopefully it's good!
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    This is a simple recipes I took off Allrecipes.com. You can easily add to this or change it around but as is its pretty simple and my kids like it.

4-5 lb Bottom Round roast (I have used different cuts as well)
    1 pkg of dry onion soup mix
    2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
    1 1/4 cups of water

Cook on low for 8 hours and it will shred up nice.
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump ... "you had me at crock pot"
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If you own a crockpot, the recipe books you absolutely MUST get are the "Fix It and Forget It" series. So many delicious recipes in there (my favorite book of the series is the "Fix It and Forget It: Five Ingredients" one). They're virtually idiot-proof (a necessity for me), cover any meal you could possibly have to cook for (and any set of ingredients), and contain variants for almost every single recipe.

The last recipe I made using those was just the other day, "Beef and Mushroom Stew" (doing the ingredients from memory here, so bear with me):

4lbs stew meat
    2 cans sliced mushrooms
    2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1 packet beefy onion soup mix
    1 cup red wine (alternate: 1 cup beef broth)
    minced garlic to taste
    1 small box quick-cooking tapioca

Dump everything in the crockpot, mix it up, and cook 8-10 hours on low (or if you use ones with the preset timers, Preset 1 which equals 1 hr on high, then 8 hours on low).

This VANISHED when I made it for hubby, roommate, and me. I'm trying to figure out a lower-sodium version, but oh God it was so good, I didn't care.
  • CaseyIsTooFat
    CaseyIsTooFat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mborroto25
    Mborroto25 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dmc3044
    dmc3044 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JoanneLynn
    JoanneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Paleopot.com Has some good recipes. I use my crock pot all the time.
  • ukjessi
    ukjessi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My favorite is chicken with mushrooms and white wine:

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1 teaspoon dried minced onion
    1 teaspoon dried parsley
    1/4 cup white wine
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    salt and pepper to taste
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

Mix everything but the chicken and place the chicken on top of the mixture. Cook on low 5-6 hours.

Servings: 4
    Calories: 208 per serving
    Carbs: 7.6g
    Fat: 7.1g
    Protein: 24.9g
  • jennide
    jennide Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump for later... Thanks Everyone!!
    Here's one I LOVE:

Crock Pot Chicken Burritos
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cooking Time: 6 hours

Ingredients

1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes
    1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
    1 (4oz) can diced chiles
    1 packet taco seasoning
    8 whole wheat, low carb flour tortillas (I used THESE)
    1 (15oz) can red enchilada sauce
    1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 cup reduced fat Mexican-style cheese, shredded

Instructions

1. Place chicken, tomatoes, chiles, green peppers, onion, garlic, and taco seasoning packet into a slow cooker and cook on low for about 5-6 hours. Shred chicken with two forks and stir. Drain off excess liquid.

2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray an 11 x 13 inch baking dish with nonfat cooking spray.

3. To make burritos, spoon about 3/4 cup burrito mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with 1 tbsp shredded cheese. Fold up burrito and place in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.

4. Pour enchilada sauce over burritos and top with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.

5. Place in oven and cook until cheese melts and begins to bubble, about 10-12 minutes.

Entire recipe makes 8 servings

Serving size is 1 burrito
    PER SERVING: 210 calories; 7g fat; 21g carbohydrates; 23g protein; 9g fiber
  • mumsy317
    Options
    I love to use my slow cooker, but sometimes struggle with recipes but now I've seen on here I may have tea sorted for the next few months..lol. Some lovely recipes, thanks. If I get any I shall post too.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Spend the $3 bucks and buy crock pot liners. You can find them next to the aluminum foil at the store. Easy peasy no clean up afterwards.

Definitely use skinnytaste. Make a big pot and freeze leftovers for lunches or dinner later.
    Absolutely agree on the liner idea! I use it for things that typically stick, maybe not so much a roast but Spanish Rice, the Taco/Enchilada type recipes... I love them, so handy and easy to clean the crock after!:happy:
  • 6Petite
    6Petite Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kardeebee
    kardeebee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Put some chicken thighs (breasts would probably work also) in the crockpot with some stewed tomatoes and spices of your choice. The chicken should eventually fall off the bone. Pick out the bones and serve over pasta. Kind of chicken cacciatore. Delicious!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    bump