Options
    what ever girls think is what they belive
  • sammielynnpayne
    Options
    what ever girls think is what they belive
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I take it seriously, but I have a sack, so I guess I shouldn't be here.
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    What a nice man, starting a thread just for us girls. :flowerforyou: How sweet...
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I take it seriously, but I have a sack, so I guess I shouldn't be here.

Out! OUT YOU DEMON!!
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    image1_zps54a06630.jpg
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    image3_zpsbea59f5f.jpg
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Is this where I can show the general public my glutes? I really want to show my glutes, dammit! But you just can't run around saying that :D
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Is this where I can show the general public my glutes? I really want to show my glutes, dammit! But you just can't run around saying that :D

Why not? I run around saying, "Touch it, touch it!"
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Yup. This is the place.

<-
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I didn't see where you listed your goals in the OP. Perhaps you did in later posts?

Without a goal, it is difficult to give advice on what to do. When I first started weightlifting many, many moons ago, my goal was purely aesthetic. After lifting for a while, my primary goal became strength with the secondary goal being aesthetic. I got tired of that after a while and discovered oly lifting. Now my primary goal (and thing I work on the most) is technique, secondary strength and finally aesthetic.

My points are: (a) I would give different advice to different people depending on what their goals are; and (b) it is better to seek advice from those who have either achieved what you are striving for or who have successfully coached others what you are looking to achieve.

While I do believe that men and women work out a bit differently because of the difference in fast twitch vs slow twitch muscles and recovery time, we can still learn much from each other.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Why would GiRLS take weight lifting seriously? There's math, and math is hard. And the weights are not pretty. And I might get callouses. And BULKY! I'll stick to Prancersizing on the treadmill, thankyouverymuch. It gives me long, lean, toned muscles.

Weights, ugly? Haven't you seen the cute pink ones??:heart:
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Why would GiRLS take weight lifting seriously? There's math, and math is hard. And the weights are not pretty. And I might get callouses. And BULKY! I'll stick to Prancersizing on the treadmill, thankyouverymuch. It gives me long, lean, toned muscles.

Weights, ugly? Haven't you seen the cute pink ones??:heart:

Oh, yes, those are cute, but heavy ones are not.