has anyone continued to lose weight while eating white rice?

Options
so my fav type of rice is white, i tried brown and almost gagged. i dont have more than a cup of white rice but ppl say its not good. any advice?

Replies

• gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    yes
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I had white rice tonight. With cheese. And broccoli.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Make it fit into your calorie goal and enjoy.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Whilst carbs, sugar and fat do have the monopoly on the 'evil food of the week' title I am strongly campaigning that celery get a turn :happy:

In short, unless you have actual medical problems no food is evil as such and can be enjoyed in moderation. If you like you can google the Twinkie diet for more info. That said eating nothing but processed food all day might make it hard for you to manage within your calories or hit all you macros and can leave you malnourished (the body only stores fat not nutrients, so if you don't take calcium in, you don't have any).

I personally always eat white basmati and it is not slowing down my weight loss.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer brown rice but as long as you count it into your calories it should be ok. But as others have said, the unprocessed brown rice will have more nutrients.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yup. To fit it in you might have to eat less than you would brown rice, but that's all in how you plan your day if necessary.

Enjoy your rice!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever rice you like. Just log it. :smile:
  • DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I eat white rice all the time. The calorie count on my bags of brown rice, jasmine rice and japanese rice are all the same calorie count per serving size.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not? White rice is awesome food.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    When I was losing weight, I ate rice. Now that I'm bulking, I still eat rice. White or brown. Doesn't have much to do with gaining or losing weight.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I will answer your question with a question:

Why would white rice, or any food in particular, prevent you from losing weight?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Again, you can eat whatever you want within your calorie budget. Get some ear plugs and quit listening to your co worker about weight loss. There are no demon foods.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    White rice is just fine ... things like this always kill me. What's next .. cannot have pasta cause it is not low carb ?
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    With gravy!
  • Fit_Canadian
    Options
    personally, yes I am still eating white rice and losing weight.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    No, it's impossible.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i eat what ever i want and i am losing. as long as it fits my calories.... im fine!
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Ate it almost everyday and lost 45lbs. I did recently switch to Brown rice, but you can lose weight on white rice
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    For the purpose of fat loss... calories are calories and a deficit is a deficit, so you are all good, enjoy :)
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have just started my weight loss journey, 4.7kg down and have had basmati rice a few times and I have sushi all the time with white short grain rice. FYI I have also had baked potatoes with butter and cheese, duck fat roast potatoes, candy, chocolate, full sugar rasberry soday, wheat beer, beer, vodka, and I tend not to trim the fat off meat I really like.
    There are a lot of people on MFP who are at goal and have maintained a long time, who eat whatever foods they like, as long as they monitor their calories according to their goals. So if you love your white rice, you're pretty safe!