FINALLY! 40 pounds loss

Options
Im at the halfway mark for what I want to lose. 1 week shy of the 5 month mark. Im doing 1200 calories ( eat back some of my burn) under the guidance of my endorcinologist and local hospital nutritionist. I have hashimotos hypothyroid, polycystic ovarian syndrome and hyperprolactinemia ( pituitary irregularity) All of which compromise the metabolism/digestion and slowing other bodily processes. I have been obese since i became hypothyroid ( Was an actual 80 pound sudden weight gain that sent me to my doctors in my teens even though i was on the swim team, soft ball team and very active). Finally after all these years my meds are on point and feeling good. I quit smoking 3 years ago and ate the equivalent of a small village lol gaining 45 pounds then.
Im following a diabetic diet outline which is often recommended for women with PCOS as its some how associated with insulin resistance as well as taking metformin. ( In conjunction with other hormone replacements and blockers needed for the other hormonal issues listed above). I TRY to limit my carbs to 135 ( # given by dr n hospital) a day but yeah some days its pretty spot on and others oooh yeah not so much lol.
For my work out I do 150 crunches daily( used to do 250 but was developing pelvic floor issues associated with hysterectomy and told to reduce or stop , i stopped for awhile and when problem started to correct I slowly got back to 150 and staying here as the problem hasnt returned, well not as of yet). I do small 5 lb weights (which are defining my muscles nicely) 50 pectoral fly, standing curl, press and 40 tricep extentions Mon wed n fri i do 45 min of Belly dance drills ( more ab, oblique, glut, quad and upper arms intensively worked during this, not to mention a pretty good cardio lol Whew) Tue and Sat i do a high paced cardio on the eliptical for 45 minutes. Thursday and Sunday are my rest days and sometimes i gotta take an extra day when my thighs are pissed off lol.
I enjoy the belly dance drills immensely it makes working out fun! Ive decided in the near future to join a dance studio and take professional classes.
( Most of the pictures i take are when charting my progress, im so excited i dont even bother to get out of my pajama's, brush my hair ect lol and its ok Im more concerned about how i feel and my body then looking like a super model lol)
402.jpg?t=1383919112 ( had to edit pic to make it smaller so cut out the 10 pound stages n just did first n last)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!