What's your favorite healthy breakfast choice?

Options

Replies

• crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've been making "cookies" that I can bring to work to have breakfast when I'm ready, and they are so good! Mix 3 mashed bananas and 1 cup oatmeal, shape into cookies and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. You can add 1/2 cup of mix-ins...this week it's sunflower seeds and mini dark chocolate chips

YUM! Sounds like a great idea!!
  • crystalfisher89
    Options
    Spray the inside of a coffee cup with cooking spray/olive oil/coconut oil/whatever...pour in a serving of egg whites/egg beaters and up to 1/2c chopped omelette fixins, and season. Pop an english muffin/bread/roll/whatever in the toaster. Nuke eggs for 2 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cooked egg, slide onto bread of choice, top with the other half and walk out the door. ( you can skip the bread and place a tortilla on the coffee cup during the last 15 seconds of cooking to warm it up and wrap the egg in the tortilla wrap-style, if you like, too.)

Prepping ingredients the night before can make this literally a 2 minute breakfast.

Genius and right up my alley!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Apple Pie Breakfast

- 1 cup of steel cut oats*
    - 3 diced apples (I use Gala)
    - 1 cup apple juice (I use Oasis)
    - 3 cups water
    - 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)

Directions - Slow Cooker

For Best Results: Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook for 2-4 hours on high or 4-6 hours on low until it reaches the consistency that you like. Be sure to stir every hour or so.

* You can also cook longer without stirring, but you have to add more water liquid and it does come out a bit mushier. Add an extra cup of liquid for 7-8 hours in the slow cooker.

ENJOY!! :happy:
  • crystalfisher89
    Options
    These are all AmAzInG ideas guys! I'm writing my favorites down and finally have more ideas for quick breakfasts. :) I like my meat, but I can't have too much in the morning, I have to eat relatively light, but like to take things that taste okay semi-cold so I can eat until I am satisfied and then I finish it off as my "snack" before lunch.

Love the overnight oats a ton :) I'm pretty good at prepping stuff the night before as needed!
  • mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, Banana with almond butter, Whole wheat toasts with almond butter and bananas on top
    Egg whites in a cup with curry, bacon bits and light cheese mixed together and in the microwave for a few minutes.
  • caitlineatsbread
    caitlineatsbread Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think you should try a green smoothie! They are super good for you, taste amazing, and fill you up for hours!! Here's one of my favorite recipes, but there's tons you can find online:

2 fresh peeled bananas
    1 cup de-stemmed kale
    1 cup packed dandelion greens
    1 cup packed baby spinach
    8-10 whole strawberries (keep the green tops! They are edible too)
    1 cup raspberries
    1 cup fresh coconut water

Tastes sweet so don't worry!
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    oats cooked on the stove in water with dried dates, walnuts and shredded coconut, with a splash of almond milk added at the end, and sometimes chia seeds. mmm
  • RonJr88
    RonJr88 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • luckyjoy17
    Options
    Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day.I'm Malaysian and in malaysia many people eat ''nasi lemak'' for breakfast which is coconut rice,fried anchovies,one boiled egg,cucumber and fried peanuts and sambal (hot paste-like chilli thing).It is super unhealthy and if you eat it everyday it's going to fatten you up because one serving has 600 calories! I'm so happy i don't like the taste of nasi lemak.But ofcourse if you visit malaysia you should try that. Everybody(except me!) likes nasi lemak.Anyway eating it once won't make you fat.
  • luckyjoy17
    Options
    I always like starting my day with something healthy and delicious.Oh and i have a mild appetite so i don't eat much:)

day 1: 1 whole grain toast with honey
    day 2: 50 ml full cream milk with 50 ml post selects blueberry morning cereal(my fav!)
    day 3:horlicks and wheat biscuits
    day 4:100 ml hot full cream milk with 2 tbsp nestum hot cereal
    day 5:fruit yogurt
    day 6: 3 oat biscuits with horlicks or milo or green tea
    day 7: 2 slices wholegrain toast with blueberry jam

Sometimes i eat a big breakfast if i'm really hungry and am going to have a light lunch

BIG BREAKFAST=2 slices wholegrain bread with cheese and garlic butter,full cream milk,one 1/2 boiled egg
  • PaintedSwan
    Options
    Omelet's!
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    TURKEY BACON AND EGGS (SCRAMBLED!) ... DROOOLLLLL
  • Tffanie4712
    Options
    Oatmeal
  • Silvermist16
    Silvermist16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Apple Pie Breakfast

- 1 cup of steel cut oats*
    - 3 diced apples (I use Gala)
    - 1 cup apple juice (I use Oasis)
    - 3 cups water
    - 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)

Directions - Slow Cooker

For Best Results: Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook for 2-4 hours on high or 4-6 hours on low until it reaches the consistency that you like. Be sure to stir every hour or so.

* You can also cook longer without stirring, but you have to add more water liquid and it does come out a bit mushier. Add an extra cup of liquid for 7-8 hours in the slow cooker.

ENJOY!! :happy:

This sounds good, I think I will try it!
  • janiesue101
    janiesue101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Smoothie or bacon.
  • LRK88
    LRK88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ever tried "Overnight Oats"? They're the BEST! And the variety of what you can do with them is endless....

I love this for breakfast, mine are never overnight oats though, I mix them in the morning.

My recent favorite has been
    1/3 c. oats (instant and steel cut mixed)
    1 T ground flaxseed
    1/4 c. plain greek yogurt
    1/4 c. homemade ns applesauce
    a few slivered almonds
    and sometimes I throw in a few raisins

I just mix everything together and let the oats sit while i get dressed. Delish!

I have also made it with fresh blueberries and raspberries in the summer and banana. With the banana I add a little honey to sweeten it up
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    TURKEY BACON AND EGGS (SCRAMBLED!) ... DROOOLLLLL

That! A nice sliced orange and some black coffee and maybe some homemade ground pork patties are good too :)
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    the egg in the microwave is an awesome idea!
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My latest go-to has been scrambled egg beaters (they were on sale!) and a piece of whole wheat toast with some of the peach butter I made this summer.