i GOT CONFUESED.

Options

Replies

• breasyd2
    Options
    I checked out the banana girl on YouTube, and it seems as though she burns A LOT of calories a day exercising.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    For the people who have actually lost a decent amount of weight on Here have you seen anyone lose eating 4000 calories of fruits n veggies or have you ever tried it its a big thing know days Go to youtube Type in freelee the banana girl or easyraw or getyourfruit Its on the raw food boards to eat as much calories as you can even stuff yourself if you have to they recommended 4000 calories and up 2500 is their minimum to aim for if you cant get in 4000

For the love of god girl. What do you have against punctuation?! People could possibly understand what you're writing if you used some...
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Please, pleeeease use punctuation! I can't understand what you are saying...
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    punctuation.gif
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    punctuation.gif

This made me LOL.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    For the people who have actually lost a decent amount of weight on Here have you seen anyone lose eating 4000 calories of fruits n veggies or have you ever tried it its a big thing know days Go to youtube Type in freelee the banana girl or easyraw or getyourfruit Its on the raw food boards to eat as much calories as you can even stuff yourself if you have to they recommended 4000 calories and up 2500 is their minimum to aim for if you cant get in 4000

I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables (200-300 carbs a day) but I would be in the ER if I ate 4,000 calories of the stuff a day.

If you want to lose weight it doesn't matter if you eat bananas or Pop Tarts... just eat within your calorie limit. If you want good nutrition, eat more bananas than Pop Tarts.
  • YesIAm17
    Options
    punctuation.gif

This made me LOL.

I was gonna drop a mega photo bomb but...

post-27933-I-am-a-lazy-person-Robert-Down-xaP7.gif
  • StepAwayFromTheCupcake
    Options
    punctuation.gif

Just quoting you to make you feel loved :tongue: :laugh:
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I stumbled upon Freelea's videos a few years back... I believe she omits a lot of information and quite frankly seems a little untrustworthy and unpleasant. She is a Fruitarian who eats nothing but fruit. Literally her diet is 100% fruit. I heard many alarm bells going off and didn't really humor her videos after that.

She claims to eat 4000 calories of fruit per day, but she has to be doing tons of exercise to not blow up on that intake. Many of her videos have her bragging about how much fruit she packs away, but it's never mentioned how much physical activity she does to balance that out. She makes it sound like you can stuff yourself endlessly with no consequences, as long as it's fruit.

Please if you're going to do the raw vegan thing my opinion is to create a reasonable deficit just like you would with any other diet choice, and please make sure you are eating a variety of different nutrients to get what your body needs. Maybe someone who is actually more versed in that sort of thing can help with specifics, I just don't trust the Fruitarian thing personally and this 2500-4000 calories of fruit thing without a highly physical lifestyle sounds absolutely bonkers IMO.
  • YesIAm17
    Options
    punctuation.gif

im-hopeless-and-awkward-and-desperate-for-love_846_large.gif

:heart: :drinker:
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options

I don't have to know anything about the raw food movement to know that 4000 cals is much more than most people need. The fact that the calories are from fruit makes no difference. Sounds like the person you mention is doing people a great disservice if she recommends that everyone eat that much.

There's no trick or way around it, you simply need to eat at a deficit. Set up MFP the way it is meant to be used and it will work for you.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Freelea and her partner Durian Rider are a couple of drop outs from Queensland who spout unsubstantiated rubbish on YouTube about fruitarian raw food diets. I'm not sure about her but he is an endurance distance cyclist so burns a heap of calories whatever the source.

They are both as mad as cut snakes so I would ignore their advice and eat sensibly instead.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If I ate 4000 calories of fruits and vegetables every day...

...I would never be able to leave my bathroom.

Maybe that's how it works...your body isn't able to digest all of the calories before the explosive conclusion.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Once when travelling by car in a giant Mexico road trip I became afraid of the milk straight from the cow, and the chorizo pizza and relied solely on the exotic fruits we found along the way at open market stops, hotels salads, room service, and families houses. I ate sooooooooo much of it perhaps that cal amount and I did for sure lose weight when all that fruit caught up to me and I got a bad case of the runs. I missed an entire "port" of our road trip a weeks worth of Puerto Vallarta due to illness and was significantly thinner afterwards. All in all I am of the opinion that too much of any single thing can become bad for you if abused. I think the inventor of the word "moderation" agrees with me.
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    . All in all I am of the opinion that too much of any single thing can become bad for you if abused. I think the inventor of the word "moderation" agrees with me.

Yes. I do.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    IN THE RAW food Community They recommended 4000 plus calories for steady weightloss

Is that true? Why? DOes it take that many cals to properly nutritionize (word existence) ones self on all the raw foods?
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This is from the banana girl's website:
    An average day might be:

Breakfast: Datorade: 20-30 dates blended on high speed with around 1.2-1.5 litres of water plus cinnamon to taste. Around 1300 calories

Lunch: 8-10 Mangoes/half a large jakfruit/3 pineapples

Dinner: A baby green salad with 5 chopped up bananas and 5 dates. Put aside some dates and banana and blend as sauce.

To me this sounds ridiculously expensive and way short on protein and fat. About the best I can say for it is it probably wouldn't kill you.
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    punctuation.gif

I think I love you. That is all.
  • YesIAm17
    Options
    punctuation.gif

I think I love you. That is all.

i_feel_so_loved.gif
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I also GOT CONFUSED. By reading this thread. What the what?