1 Pound a DAY

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    week 3 and if water weight is still coming off something is wrong don't you think. And I think my doctor would know all tht. Everybody is different he tried various things with me and now he found a plan that works. This is only til Dec. He didn't say FOR EVER...(in sand lot voice) hehehe

Why did you ask in the first place? You are refuting what people are saying.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    A troll that doesn't know how to use the quote button.

What a waste.
  • diamier
    diamier Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that when I was eating less than 1000calories and doing 40min cardio kickboxing, I've got same results. The main point is just to stay that way and the body might adjust itself - it wouldn't be like that forever, but it will stay on the best weight. :) Good luck!
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yes please! Oh wait...i thought we were talking about something else......

c57c4e30.gif
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Water weight is very likely part of your loss to date. There is no doubt you'll lose weight netting 600 calories a day and no one is disputing that. Please just be careful as it is very low. Have you considered 5:2 then maybe you could eat 600 a day but no more than 2 non consecutive days per week.

Good luck.

I don't think she's netting 600 a day. She's EATING 600 a day PLUS walking a few hours. Yikes! :noway:
  • PMcLinn
    PMcLinn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    12 apples a day would be more like 960-1200 calories, most apples are 80-100 calories each.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    The fast track is what people want these days. Surveys show that many females will do whatever it takes to protect their family and loved ones from health harming programs (drugs, smoking, etc) but will put their own health at risk to lose 20lbs. with crazy diet plans and programs.
    If one is morbidly obese, I can see these plans as being acceptable, but for the overweight person, it's just gonna be a passing fad.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    in.........just in!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Sry you hold not the degree my doctor holds. And me being under his supervision I've been weighed each day so consider tht confirmed.

Sounds like a quack like Dr Oz. Find a new doc that actually CARES about your health and welfare. Just because he is a doctor does not mean he has your health and welfare in mind. There are quite a few bozo docs out there. Besides, they have very little nutrition under their belt when they tell you to do these things. Talk to a nutritionist, not that quack!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Yes please! Oh wait...i thought we were talking about something else......

c57c4e30.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How YOU doin'??? :wink:
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Im not even sure what I just read. This gives me the sads.
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Just wondering why you started this thread in the first place if you are under a Dr's care and happy with what you are doing? Good luck to you, and when you need help with how to maintain your fabulous weight loss, this will be a great place to start... see you then...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Wow, thread gold right here...can this be stickied as an all encompassing example of how NOT to use MFP message boards.

1) don't post weight loss in the maintenance thread.
    2) don't post about VLCD.
    3) the quote button is there for a reason, use it.
    4) if you are justified by a Dr. for your VLCD make all details known in the OP and possibly say "it's not for everyone" or something.
    5) if you are posting a VLCD use your complete and long term weight loss goal instead of a "mini-goal" so no one gets confused you are some slender woman who's Dr. condones VLCD.
    6) please include details of the type of Dr. the type of practice and the nature of his work with you.
    7) if you're actually so overweight as to cause all those problems you mentioned maybe don't use an avatar that might mislead people to beleive your skinny exactly as you post that you are eating a VLCD with a Dr's consent.
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Sorry, this sounds like an eating disorder.. Please stop this diet for your own health, and loved ones. :(
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Sry you hold not the degree my doctor holds. And me being under his supervision I've been weighed each day so consider tht confirmed.
    You confused everyone by asking a question. Seems like you have all the answers, so what are you asking?
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey, your doctor will probably lose his license to practice, because even people with extreme amounts of weight to lose are still only told to average about 2, possibly 3 pounds a week. And that is for people with 300+ weight to lose. Also losing weight that fast leads to loose/droopy skin, hair fallout, and vitamin deficiencies. Care about yourself even if your doctor doesn't. None the less, congrats on your loss.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Awesome. When you start eating normally again and gain all the weight back, maybe you'll try it the right way.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    To the OP, please do not do this for one day more than you need to. I went on a dr supervised VLCD a few years ago ( not proud of it, just made a bad decision) and since then I have had problems with gallstones and fatty liver disease. The fatty liver is not symptomatic (yet) but a gallstone attack can be excruciatingly painful. The sad part is that I wasn't even overweight. I am trying hard to undo the damage I have done, but I wish I could go back and give the old me a shake and a kick in the pants. I think that's what people here are trying to do for you now.

And for heaven's sake please don't disclose the details so that others can follow your regimen without medical supervision.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    It is hard to eat alot of calories when it comes to only fruits and veggies. I've had that problem. I've eaten a huge veggie salad and it wasn't even 100 calories but I was bursting. I get your point. I eat beans and rice to get in my protein. Sure is yummy stuff.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    That's right I'm right at 1-2 pounds per day. My calorie intake is right under 1200 on some days to under a 1000 most days with 30-60min of speed walking. My friend said its bad but my Doctor said it's good just stay hydrated. What do you think? **** it's working!:laugh: :love:

enjoy your metabolic damage
This discussion has been closed.