What are you snacking on??

Options
2»

Replies

• jacj46
    jacj46 Posts: 46
    Options
    I have got to have a snack before bed ... usually it is a 'TLC' cookie (140 cals) with 4oz of s milk (45 cals); once in a while 4oz of wine.
    good luck
  • amstein18
    amstein18 Posts: 131
    Options
    i agree!! honey crisp apples are definitely the best!

i snack on fruit, veggies, nuts, 100 calorie mini bags of microwave popcorn, no sugar jello brand pudding (only 60 cals), flavored rice cakes, laughing cow cheese with special k crackers (90 cals for 17), etc
  • nydiaenid62
    Options
    OK...I have GOT to get to my work but...I love those little things that the brand FAGE has of greek yogurt with the fruit section on the side. They run from 130-180 cals and make you feel like you're having dessert. The other thing that helps me with hunger pangs is something that might sound gross to some, but here goes. AIM has a product called Herbal Fiber Blend that is to keep your gut cleaned out. When you combine 1 or 2 TB of that with a scoop ot AIM Fit & Fiber, you get the digestive system benefits, cover the bad taste of the Fiberblend, and get the full feeling of the Fit & Fiber. It keeps me full surprisingly long and gets me through the "irrational hungries" all for 50-70 cals! :noway:
  • oonafey
    oonafey Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    18 Almonds
    8 Reduced Fat Wheat Thins + 1 wedge Laughing Cow Queso Fresco
    Apple w/ 1 Tbsp. Skinny Natural Peanut Butter
    2% Kraft Snackable String Cheese

Mmmm... Making myself hungry for lunch!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Some of my snacks include yogurt, fruit to go, string cheese, an apple a day, laughing cow cheese and some sort of veggie (Carrots or celery), fruit, garlic hummus, low fat ice cream (I CANNOT give up ice cream lol), hard boiled eggs are good too, oh and cottage cheese. I could go on and on! I'm on a low g.i. diet so I have to do a lot of snacking to keep the blood sugars even :bigsmile:
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    My morning snack of the day was grapes.. mmmm all 165g of them. very filling too.

For afternoon snack I think I'll go for some crackers and hummus.. or maybe apple slices and peanut butter.
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Wow, I officially have a new grocery list!
    It's amazing how quickly you forget how many choices really are out there for healthy snacking!
    Thank you for the tips, and ideas.....keep them coming
  • vcatmb44
    vcatmb44 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I snack on hummus on wheat crackers or pretzels. Also babybell cheeese or string cheese the lowfat kind, also 100 cal popcorn or rice cakes
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    bananas
    granny smith apples
    air popped popcorn
    2% medium cheddar cheese
    reduced fat wheat crackers
    yoplait light yogurt
    almonds/raisins/cheerios
    baked apple
    frozen banana w/ fat free choc syrup
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Roasted edamame
    Baked kale chips
    Honeycrisp apple with pb
    Sugar free dark chocolate pudding
    Pumpkin Spice Cafe Latte made by me ;)
    Arctic Zero Pumpkin Spice ice cream replacement
    Rolled up turkey and cheese
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    tis the season for roasted pumpkin seeds! I find that a half portion (David's) is enough to keep me nibbling for a while

an entire cucumber sliced or cut into spears is a great snack esp. when my garden is in full-swing!

Muscle Milk lite vanilla flavor is good and about 100 cals w lots of protein

and a dozen or so M&M plain for when the chocolate urge is uncontrollable! lol
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Roasted edamame
    Baked kale chips
    Honeycrisp apple with pb
    Sugar free dark chocolate pudding
    Pumpkin Spice Cafe Latte made by me ;)
    Arctic Zero Pumpkin Spice ice cream replacement
    Rolled up turkey and cheese
    Where do you get the Arctic Zero Pumpkin Spice ice cream replacement??? I LOVE ALL things pumpkin:bigsmile:
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Apples
    Grapes
    Cottage Cheese
    Almonds
    Protein bars
    Apricots
  • halzuzu
    halzuzu Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Almonds
    Hard boiled eggs
    yogurt
    Cottage cheese
    bananas
    hummus w/ veggies
    Kashi peanut butter bars
  • littlemo78
    littlemo78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I snack on celery and broccoli. Whole grain Cheez-Its are actually very good tasting, just have to watch how many you eat. I've noticed a lot of whole grain alternatives that taste pretty good! Never would've thought I'd be eating whole grain Cheerios lol
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Foods I snack on:

banana
    honey crisp apple
    grapes
    pineapple
    asian pear
    ok basically any fruit I have at home-they really do well for sweet cravings!

carrots/zucchini and hummus
    cherry tomatos
    wheat thins and hummus
    popcorn
    almonds no salt
    cashews no salt
    glass of chocolate milk
    skinny cow chocolate truffle bars (only 100 cal and great for chocolate cravings)
  • runnerBee
    Options
    My favorite snacks:

Sugar-free Jello (5 calories)
    Granny smith apples (small)
    Activia yogart w/cereal
    Jello Mouse Temptations -chocolate and dark chocolate
    Baked Lays- plain
    BetterMade bbq chips (160 calories) - my extra special snack