Did your Boobs get smaller?

Options
Ok, so here I am - starting this journey again and I am determined to finish it!!!

I would LOVE to lose size in my breasts! I am currently a 34G (172lbs) 13 months post baby and 4 months post lactation (prior to having a baby>going on meds for PPD>gaining an insane amount of weight, I was a 32E at 140lbs).

I know because I have always had a larger bosom (I was a B at 14, C at 15, D at 16, DD at 17), I will always have the heavy chest... Will they get smaller? Ideally, I would like to be a B or C...

My questions are - How many of you lost size in your breasts and what size where you before and after? Also, how much weight did you lose to see or not see a difference?

Replies

• aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Down nearly 40 lbs and no real difference in cup size - just a couple of back sizes.

If you've nursed a long time, it's likely that your breasts have a higher amount of tissue vs. fat in them, so it's very possible that they won't go down too much. But then you might be genetically fortunate and it's mostly fat, in which case you'll lose volume too.

Clear as mud, I realize. :) Hope that helped.
  • smallbutcurvy
    Options
    Of course they are made of fat. Even the same cup size in a smaller back size is a reduction of breast size.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I wished! Ive had no change in my cup size.
  • jennscooper
    jennscooper Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    At the height of my nursing (for 9.5-10 months) I was a 34 H/I - it was horrible!!!
  • abickford82
    Options
    I was a 40DDD, now I'm down to a 36C-D (depending on the brand). I kept my "size" but lost the fat. They look full and plump in a bra but terrible w/o one. Definitely getting them fixed after I hit my goal.
  • Shieva
    Shieva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yup mines just recently went down again.. I went from a D to a C for a long time now i am in a B lol hope that will be all! lol
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy 5 years ago didnt really make mine bigger and have went down a cup size if not more and fear i will have none by the time i get to goal weight....:sad:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Slight shrinkage but not enough to change sizes. I'm still a 34 C and it looks good on my body type. My sister went down a cup, though. From DD to D.
  • runningcat76
    Options
    yep. I had none to start with (36C). Now, I struggle to fill an A cup
    Small price to pay for the rest of my smaller size though
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my daughter, my breasts got HUGE. I went from a 34 C to a 36 DDD. I breast fed for 11 months and when I stopped, they went down a cup size. Now that I've lost nearly 40 lbs, I'm back down to a much more reasonable 34 (almost 32) D.

As for you, it really depends on how much breast tissue to fat ratio you have. Only time (and work!) will tell.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    totally!! no more manboobs :)
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Not yet. :smile:
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I had huge watermelons, now just itty bitty saggies after nursing two babies for a year each and then losing 100 pounds from my highest weight. Mine were so big that I couldn't lay on my back because I could hardly breath. Serious melons to itty bitties! And I love it.

Breasts are filled with fatty tissue, so it makes sense that as you drop body fat, you would lose fat there as well. But just with stomach or hips or arms, you can't spot reduce your breasts. You might lose there first or not, but just keep going and enjoy your healthier YOU.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i was a D. now im a Y... as in y bother with a bra. but i love it. i love my line of definition ..and now i have pecs!!!!!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I went from a very full 36C to a 34A. I wish they hadn't deflated quite that much, but I'm okay with it.
  • yourfitnessenemy
    yourfitnessenemy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What "shape" are you (hourglass, pear, apple, etc)? I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm pear-shaped and always lose weight top-down: I could have no boobs, collarbones jutting out, tiny bird arms, etc, but be hiding a giant padunkadunk and thunder thighs under an a-line skirt.
  • breathingfitness
    Options
    I went from 36C to 34A and personally loving the smaller boobies hehe
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Eh. Half a cup size...maybe a full. They feel firmer to me then ever before. It must be from lifting and the muscles hidden underneath. :wink:
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    My boobs definitely got smaller and more shapely
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    36C to 34B not much but I'm happy with the slight change