Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor Watch

I was thinking about purchasing this but the strap size has me kind of puzzled. It only offers XXL which is 30-45 inches. My chest size is 47 3/4 inches. I measured just above my nipples for chest size however in the picture it shows the guy strapping it around below his chest so I measured that area and it's 46 1/4 inches. Should I risk it and buy it and hope it fits and expect it to fit super tightly but able to adjust it as I lose weight or am I forced to buy a separate XXXL strap which I can only use a short time.

Also, if anyone has this HRM, are you satisfied with it and what are your experiences with it?

Replies

• Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    The strap is worn below the nipple line. You could always order it and see how it fits. I have the FT7 and love It.
  • tmaree2
    tmaree2 Posts: 37 Member
    its a great watch, I have it. the strap is adjustable and its ok for it to stretch to fit.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    If it were me I would get one of each. When I bought mine I also ordered an extra strap. They just happened to both be the same size.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    its a great watch, I have it. the strap is adjustable and its ok for it to stretch to fit.

I agree!!!
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    I got one about 2 months ago. It's great so far. Seems accurate and consistent, and syncs well with my phone apps. A clear Buy recommendation. Hopefully, the strap wont be a problem for long
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    My husband has this model and he loves it. Been using it for years. However , his chest is probably a bit bigger than yours and what we did was get a piece of elastic and just safety pinned it to the strap to give it some extra length. Works fine.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    I got one about 2 months ago. It's great so far. Seems accurate and consistent, and syncs well with my phone apps. A clear Buy recommendation. Hopefully, the strap wont be a problem for long
    I didn't know my FT7 would sync to my phone....got check this out!!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    I have the FT4 - same as the FT7 without the connectivity to the Polar site. I had the same worry about the chest strap fitting but I didn't have any problems at all.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    The strap is worn where a woman would have the bottom of her bra band. The strap is stretchy so I'm sure it will fit.
  • Thanks guys, I'll just order it as is!
  • Lamaa11
    Lamaa11 Posts: 5 Member
    Does the basic FT7 heart rate monitor links with you phone app? How does that work - which phone? Do you need any additional device?

thanks
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    I just bought one today. The strap is a bit uncomfortable but I will use it for workouts only because I want accuracy for calories burned, so I'm sure I'll get used to it. The strap is adjustable as well, and it was so easy to set up the watch.

I did an experiment and wore it while I did some light housecleaning for about 30 minutes. According to my heart rate, which wasn't that high, I burned 70 calories. At least I know how to use it and how it works, so tomorrow I will use it for my workout at the gym.
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    I think you will be fine with the included strap. I have 43" chest and I have to tighten in to fit, so your 46" should be fine.