Where are all the lifting and eating folks at??

Options

Replies

• johan1585
    johan1585 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of lifting 5 out of 7 days a week i eat about 2k cal, my only issue is eating it all back due to exersise i create a 1000 cal defict allmost daily but i seem to be unanble to eat more then 700 cal back.
  • Dante_Cubit
    Options
    Hey! Nice to meet some like-minded people who are using MFP to build core fitness and muscle rather than just diet. I've been hitting the gym since June religiously 3 or 4 times a week doing free weights and machine weights with the goal to up my mass and feel good and positive about myself. Im also doing cardio at home and the gym (started the Insanity workout this week) . I love cooking and love eating more! I'd be happy for you to have a look at my diary if it gives you some inspiration (^_^) I've been using the MFP site and app for a year now and it's bloody brilliant, and just joined the forums this week, so if anyone wants to add me, I'd be grateful!
  • shawnpcorreia
    Options
    In for lifting buddies. And bacon.

What she said! ^^^
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifter and usually big eater here, however cutting at the moment so intake is a bit more modest (2200-2600).

Under 1500 club?? When trying to gain size/strength might put that much away in a single meal!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Lifting. Eating. Currently cooking with ham, bacon, and sausage. And lots and lots of cheese.

vnjea1.jpg
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy and eat about 1800-2000 calories per day. I am quite pleased with the results I am seeing lately!
  • I would rather eat 2100 calories and do 60 minutes of cardio than starve myself - friend request sent - Good Luck!
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Love lifting. Eat up to 2500 cals. Feel free to friend me.
  • odirish
    odirish Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I lift. I am eating 1580 cals 150 P/ 75 F and I carb cycle around 40 a day and 75 on 7th day. I've been off for almost 3 months due to back and sciatica. Starting back up on wednesday.
  • davidlo421
    Options
    I love this topic I'm a firm believer in eating at least 2000 cal. Just eating clean to eat to loss weight.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    HI! I eat 2k--- give or take a few each day.
  • latoyasmith1985
    latoyasmith1985 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a weight lifting boot camp and I still eat. So if you like you can friend me. We can motivate each other.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I've just joined a new gym that's about to open and want to lift and I live to eat so happy to have anyone onboard that can guide me. Planning to do strong lifts or similar and will get a trainer for a short while so I do it properly.
  • xn28music
    Options
    Brand, spanking new to this site. Just started the Chris Powell carb cycling eating plan (because of the cheat day every week!! Can anyone say pizza and ice cream?). Also started the YAYOG lifting program because I'm too cheap to join the gym. So far, no weight lost (this is my first week) but 1 and 1/2 inches lost I'm assuming muscle! Woo Hoo! I'm psyched that there are others here that want to eat and lift. I'm with you all the way!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    In for more badass lifting friends! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • MissKriss3
    MissKriss3 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sorry, that was obnoxious. But really, I'm not fitting in with the under 1500 club. I wont starve myself, I wont be tired, and I wont get insomnia and health damage. I've lost weight and maintained and even BUILT lean mass while eating over 1500 calories. You really don't have to starve!! I would love to find some eating and lifting men and women for motivation and support on MFP! Do you deadlift? Friend me! Do you not starve yourself? Friend me! I want to snoop on some food diaries that actually include enough FOOD! Bonus points if you eat bacon... and no, turkey bacon doesn't count!! :)

My diary is set at 2400 calories, but I did take the last week off from logging, I eat bacon every day. I'm doing the stronglifts 5x5 program. I haven't had a loss on the scale in 8 weeks but I've lost a lot of inches and I'm still increasing my weights.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    I like to lift heavy and eat 2500-3500 cals/day depending on what I burn, while still losing weight consistently, and open to fr's to keep me going. :) Finally adding friends on here has made me actually log my food more. But know I do "splits" and am not changing what works for me for your satisfaction (crazy guy just kept talking about it), I know splits work very well for me, evidenced by my personal records. I don't try to convince you to do my setup either. ;)
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me want to smash out some big deadlifts then hit an all you can eat barbeque.
  • jessikabrook
    jessikabrook Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Working towards eating big and lifting bigger! Currently working back up to 2200 from 1700 and lift 3-5 times a week.
  • lostit78
    Options
    I'm still pretty new to all this.No logs or anything,but I do train heavy with weights 3 days a week.Still trying to get a handle on my diet.Friend requests welcome.:smile: