5'3" Ladies- Results please!

Options

Replies

• okgal247
    okgal247 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" (like another poster said- still counts!! :happy: ). I started at around 148- almost 150 and got down to about 140 for this particular beach adventure. Got back up to 145 when I started MFP in Sept. I'm around 135 (current goal), but want to further my goal to 125.
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am 5'3", and started two years ago at 238 pounds. I got down to 146 and am now at 152. Darn scale! :noway: I did lots of cardio, ate right, and I still go to the gym 5-6 days a week doing spin classes and Zumba classes and strength training. I am now focusing on strength/weights to help get me to my goal of 130 ish or at least look like I weigh that! :wink: These last 20 pounds have been the hardest to work off, but I am determined to get there. Here is a before pic (I am the heavy one on the right) and a pic taken on Halloween. Wishing you the best!!

wbauky.jpg9ie71z.jpg
  • okgal247
    okgal247 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 1/2 (yes it counts, lol)! 39yoa....the first pic was at 138 in Dec 2011 and last pic on competition day at 112 in Sept 2013. I hope to be in the 120-125 range on off season.

pizapcom13810189542721_zps862d07c0.jpg

That's amazing! Question: from first picture to second- were you working out to the end picture goal (112lbs)? I'd love to have the tone in the second picture. Any idea of what a good balance would be to get there?
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I dont have any pics....i still avoid the camera lol...however, I can share my results so far:

Height: 5'3
    SW: 216
    CW: 191.2
    GW: 130

I still have a VERY long way to go!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'll be 49 tomorrow so I'm older than most of you. Started out at 139 but weighed in at 118 last Wednesday; just by eating healthy and pushing hard in the gym. I eat candy, just not half a box every single night. Portion control !!!!
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    I'm 5'3 1/2 (yes it counts, lol)! 39yoa....the first pic was at 138 in Dec 2011 and last pic on competition day at 112 in Sept 2013. I hope to be in the 120-125 range on off season.

pizapcom13810189542721_zps862d07c0.jpg

That's amazing! Question: from first picture to second- were you working out to the end picture goal (112lbs)? I'd love to have the tone in the second picture. Any idea of what a good balance would be to get there?

First pic was Dec 2011, 2nd pic was June 2012...in that time frame I was only working out at home (while my infant napped). I did Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and P90X. I also cleaned up my diet. :) And to answer your other question from pic 1 to pic 2, I had no intentions of competing at all. That didn't come to play til Jan 2013.
  • tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 21 years old. I started in March of this year at 191, I've been hovering around 163 for the past 3 months since my son passed away. Trying to get back into losing weight versus maintaining.
  • momfitness987
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" 44 years old, started in July at 122 lb followed mfp at 1230 net calories daily and worked out a lot more! Lots of walking, arc trainer at the gym, and weekend family cycling. Got a relative to partner with for accountability and it really worked! I lost an average about 1 lb per week. You can do it!

SW 122
    GW 112
    CW 110
  • Lisasmith1208
    Lisasmith1208 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am close to 5'4. I started out at 200 lb almost 3 years ago, two months shy of my 50th birthday. I joined a gym, hired a trainer and dropped 60 pounds within 6 months. I lost another 20 lbs along the way. I love lifting weights and strength train approximately 6 hrs a week while doing 20 miles of cardio(mostly sprints) a week. I eat approximately 1,600 to 1,700 calories a day and my trainer is aiming for closer to 2,000. I can honestly say, I have never been in better shape than I am now. My biggest challenge is making myself eat as much as I do. I was one of those women who always skipped meals and stayed around 1,000. calories. I am committed to living a healthy lifestyle and helping others achieve their goals. I opened a gym and love helping others become more informed on the benefits of lifting,especially women! As far as I am concerned, weight lifting is the best kept diet secret for women! It is the only thing I have ever done that has really changed the shape of my body while boosting my metabolism. It make me feel strong and sexy!!
  • SweetlyVague
    SweetlyVague Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2" 1/2

Start: 180 lbs (ish)
    20733084_3572.jpg

Now: 140-145 lbs (a lot of fluctuation recently)
    20733084_9506.jpg

20733084_5499.jpg

Goal: 130 lbs

:) Work at it and you'll achieve, I promise!!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    OK! Today I am beginning my fitness/health journey for ME. In the past, I tried to lose weight for others but it never came off and I always ended up deflated (except not really, cause I was still chubby). I am 5’3” 148 and my goal is 125. Please show me your results to help get this candy lover some motivation. Note to self: must throw out the trick or treating candy. Thanks ladies!!!

I am 5'3". I started out at about 190lb three months after having my youngest.
    It has been 18 months and I have been Maintaining around 115 - 120 for about five months now.
    You can do this!
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    5'3, SW: 142lbs, CW:132, GW: 110lbs/toned
  • brown46545
    brown46545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! (to the bodybuilder poster)
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    5'3 I started last May 22, 2013. SW: 156lbs CW: 121lbs GW:anywhere between110-115lbs. But its okay if I don't reach my goal weight my focus now is to weight train to build and tone muscles and lose belly fat :)
  • rgagnon1
    rgagnon1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started almost exactly one year ago at 145. Began with 30 day shred and trainer 2 days a week along with my fitness pal. By June i was down to 118 -120 which is where i fluctuate. Still logging every day but getting "slacker" about it. Need to re-energize myself to stay where I am. Went from size 10 to size 2 clothes and i am never going back. Hanh in there and do it. Your confidence will skyrocket and for us height challenged girls getting to the 120 mark or below is life changing. I am 5'3"
  • Marryparker
    Options
    I'am 5'4
    SW 160
    CW 154
    GW 120
  • erandi101
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I started at 145. Now I'm at 122 and I actually have not exercised whatsoever in all honesty. When i was 145, I went to the gym for a 7 days straight and ate super healthy and ended up gaining two pounds. Even though logically, I know this is water weight and muscle, I felt traumatized (as silly as it sounds). Through lean cuisine (3 or 4 boxes a day), and baked chicken, cheese, shrimp ceviche, eggs and fat free probiotic yogurt, I easily shed the lbs. I switched to the ten calorie sodas and diet cranberry juice whenever I was craving something sweet, and ate Atkins chocolate chip granola bars and candy. My diet really hasn't felt very restrictive. I intend to get back to the gym in the near future for maintenance purposes and to get toned.
  • kabochakitty
    kabochakitty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 27 years old.

SW: 145 (back in Feb 2013)
    CW: 128 (Nov 2013)
    GW: 115-120

Yes, it's taken me a long time to lose, but at least it is coming off! Most of the weight loss is since June when I went vegan. Before that, I was eating restricted during the week but eating whatever on the weekends, and doing lots of cardio at the gym. It barely made a dent in my weight. Now I'm watching what I eat nearly every day, doing yoga and circuit training (both at home), and I'm seeing results!
  • H_Jack
    H_Jack Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 31 years old.

My highest was just after I had my daughter about 2 years ago: 178. I quickly lost about 15 lbs just from my body balancing itself out (and with the help of breastfeeding!), but then it stalled because I wasn't *actively* working on weight loss. I started MFP when I was at 163, and am now at 138. I have a Christmas time goal of 130, and an ultimate goal of about 125 (to be reevaluated when I get there, though I kinda like a little curvature to my frame so I don't think I'll want to go much lower than that!).
  • kierkeb
    kierkeb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'3 1/2". I'm 22, turning 23 in two weeks. I started my weight loss journey 33 days ago and have lost 14 pounds so far. I'm so proud of that but my biggest struggle is that I'm not seeing the changes physically yet. I know that this is common so my next step is to buy a tape measure! All of you are so encouraging so I want to thank you :) no pics yet until I can see the physical transformation.

SW: 194
    CW: 180
    GW: 115-120 ; depends on how I look and feel!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!