What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• xrockinrobyn
    xrockinrobyn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Student studying Animal Behaviour and work part time at Primark in the fitting rooms ;)
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Love the thread, very interesting to read everyone's post.
    Im a mom of 11 year old boy and 4 year old girl, on my second marriage ( just celebrated 5 years in Niagra Falls) and I'm the manager (for the last 2 years) of the Nuclear Medicine Department for a large hospital. I have worked in this department for 18 years and like my job but miss working with patients.
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    Two things.

1. I work for a company called Sports Interactive as Head of Quality Assurance.
    2. I've been dj'ing for the past 16 years (almost 17 now)

I use 2 to get rid of the stresses from 1 :) Doesn't leave a whole lot of time for anything else though :)
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    I'm a single mom of two boys--7 and 3 and a K-12 music teacher!

You must be from a small town. My mom is a teacher a a K-12 school but she only gets 7th and up for Art, Home Ech, and Life Skills. Her school has MAYBE 500 kids in it. I graduated there with 22 'kids'
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm a newlywed of just over a year to the love of my life, and we are looking to start our family in the next year or so (big part of the reason I'm so committed this time around!). I am an Athletic Trainer at a physical therapy clinic, which also provides outreach programs to a local high schools, where I, along with 4 other fabulous athletic trainers, provide medical coverage for their sports teams.
  • andrealjohnson
    andrealjohnson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have three boys 4, 8, and almost 12. I have two step daughters 16 and 10 and a fantastic husband. I am a social worker.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    mom of 5, ages 17 to 5 months. have the most AMAZING husband, and a full-time job as a dental assistant.
  • truckerchic
    truckerchic Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 3 (2 boys 24 & 21 girl 20) grandma to a 10 month old lil girl, married to the man of my dreams...we work as OTR truck drivers running from PA to S Cali every week... We also have 2 furry companions cocker and bassett that travel with us. Aside from maybe winning the lotto hehe our life is just how we want it =)
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I'm an aerospace engineer working on the space shuttle down in Florida. Well, at least until the last scheduled flight next year, then I'm unemployed like everyone else. :ohwell:

I'm also retired from the Air Force after 20 years, where I was a navigator on Combat Search and Rescue HC-130P aircraft. I've also been a flight instructor, flight examiner, and a telemetry analyst on DoD communication satellites. :glasses:

As my Dad would say, Jack of All Trades, Master of None.............:laugh:
  • staceybug13
    Options
    I am a teacher. I've taught Kinder, First, and Second grades. I am currently teaching second grade. I've got a classroom full of 25 little ones who keep me on my toes.
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wife, Mom of three, (19, 18, & 9)... and a professional nanny of twin toddlers, 17 months! Never a dull moment.
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    I have been married to my hubby for 41 years, and we have a 37 year-old daughter and a 34 year-old son, both of whom are married. My daughter is a stay-at-home mom, is involved in her children's schools and is politically active. My son is a police officer. So I am a mom of two, but also grandma to three, a grandson, 12, a granddaughter, 9, and an almost four month-old granddaughter. Being a grandma is more wonderful than I ever could have imagined.

I am a retired language arts teacher and a published poet. Last year for National Novel Writing Month I did write a novel, and am in the process of seeking an agent.

I play piano, and right now I am giving piano lessons to my granddaughter.

This is a fun post. Thank you for starting it. :flowerforyou:
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wife, Mom of three, (19, 18, & 9)... and a professional nanny of twin toddlers, 17 months! Never a dull moment.
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm a mommy to an almost 3 month old daughter and a two year-old daughter. I also work full-time as registered nurse at a small community hospital.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    teacher, wife, step-mom of 5, grandma of 2, auntie of 2, and proud owner of a houseful of furry babies :) (2 dogs, 4 cats and a gecko named Gandhi)
  • ceredonia
    Options
    Married to my hubby for 4 years (together for over 11 though, high school sweethearts! :heart: ), have a kitty as our baby (who loves the hubby but hates me :grumble: ), and I co-own a local video store with my father. Also just finished up a degree in Psychology. I keep pretty busy. :smile:
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I am a mother to two girls ages 15 and 12.
    I am a wife to a great man and we are working on lucky number 13 in our marriage.
    I m a dog groomer and I love my job!:bigsmile:
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and have my dog Crash (puggle) who turns 5 on St Patrick's Day. As a house we
    have 2 dogs and 4 cats.From now to mid-December I'll be doing a seasonal job hoping
    that helps my resume. I've never had a paying job, worked for my mothers business
    from 2003-2008 until she decided to close it. Looking back I do regret not getting a job
    at 16 like everyone, but you live and learn. I have always lived rent free at home but working
    on getting a job then I'll move out with my dog and wonderful partners of 3 1/2 years. <3
  • Luv2bme
    Luv2bme Posts: 58
    Options
    I am a proud mommy of 5 beautiful bratzzz: Boy - 10, Girl - 8, Boy - 7, Boy - 3, Girl - 2
    Was married for 8 years and divorced, been with my current fiance/best friend for 6 years! Very happily unmarried, but will be just as happy if we were married (and will be when the time is right)
    Been working for the past 14 years as an Offshore supervisor for a Logistics co.
  • fit2sit
    fit2sit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Married for 6 years, have a little boy on the way in January. "Warden" to 5 dogs. Work full time as a forensic toxicologist with the state of Wyoming and I'm looking to transfer to the Army Reserves here in the next month from Air National Guard.