Clean Eating Recipes

Options

Replies

• Briana_RN
    Briana_RN Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have been eating clean since January of this year. Basically I cut out as many processed foods as I can, white sugar, white flour, extra salt...etc. I also stopped drinking sugary Starbucks drinks. By doing this and exercising I've lost 27lbs since January!
    I use my crock pot quite a bit. For example:
    Salsa Chicken:
    1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 can low sodium black beans
    1 (15oz) bag frozen corn
    1 small jar salsa (or make your own)
    A couple shakes of cumin
    A couple shakes of black pepper
    Stir it up and cook in crock pot for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Then use a fork to shred the chicken. It's delicious over brown rice or even by itself with a little avocado.

You could also add fresh squeezed lime juice and fresh cilantro to change it up.
    Hope that helps!
  • hazeljordan1974
    hazeljordan1974 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Saving this for later.
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dominiqueruns
    dominiqueruns Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Snapshot-2013-02-21-20-31-36.jpg

another healthy alternative to satisfy a sweet tooth.
    Ingredients
    3½ oz dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa, preferably unsweetened or with unrefined sweetener)
    1 cup pitted dates
    2 oz pecan halves

Directions
    Process dates in a food processor until they become a sticky and very thick jam-like consistency.
    Roll the processed dates into 15 small balls, place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
    Press 3 pecan halves into the date balls.
    Heat a small saucepan over low heat, add in dark chocolate and slowly melt into a sauce.
    Pour a small amount of sauce over each date/pecan ball.
    Place in the fridge to set for at least 10 minutes – the chocolate will harden and hold everything together.
    Enjoy!

Nutritional Information
    Serving size: 1 turtle Calories: 80.9kcal Fat: 5.3g Carbohydrates: 9.8g Sugar: 7.7g Fiber: 0.8g Protein: 0.9g

OMG!! turtles are my absolute favourite treat ever!!! I can't wait to try this recipe!!
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Peanut-Butter-Cup-Stuffed-Oreos-1.jpg

Can we get a recipe for this cookie?
  • Im4gin3th4t
    Im4gin3th4t Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This one is a personal favorite of mine, its a vegan recipe but you can add baked chicken or any meat you want to it. Nutittional yeast is the par that adds the cheesy kick so don't leave it out! And you can find it at any healthy food store like whole foods or central market in the bulk section.

Butternut Squash Mac ‘n Cheeze (Vegan with Gluten-free & Nut-Free options)

Husband approved. Cook approved. Vegan approved. Omnivore approved. ‘Nough said.

Yield: 4 servings or 1.5 cups of cheeze sauce

Ingredients:
    •1 fresh butternut squash* (you'll only use one cup, peeled and chopped) OR 1 cup canned butternut squash OR canned pumpkin
    •Extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper
    •1 tbsp Earth Balance (or other non-dairy butter replacer)
    •3/4 cup unsweetened & unflavoured almond milk (revised from 1 cup)
    •1 tbsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
    •6 tbsp nutritional yeast, or more to taste
    •2 tsp Dijon mustard
    •1/4-3/4 tsp garlic powder
    •1/2 tsp onion powder
    •1/2-1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
    •1/2-1 tsp kosher salt (to taste) & ground black pepper, to taste
    •4 servings brown rice macaroni (8oz or half a 16oz package) makes 3 1/4 cup cooked
    •Mix-ins of choice (e.g., kale, spinach, broccoli, peas, pumpkin seeds, etc)

1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line a casserole dish with tin foil. Mix chopped squash with EVOO, Salt & Pepper. Roast for about 40 minutes, uncovered, or until tender.

2. Meanwhile, prepare the cheeze sauce in a pot on the stove top. Add Earth balance over low-medium heat. In a bowl, whisk together milk and arrowroot powder (or cornstarch or flour) until clumps are gone. Add into pot and whisk. Stir in remaining ingredients (nutritional yeast, Dijon, garlic, lemon, S & P) and whisk over low heat until thickened (about 5-7 minutes or so).

3. Cook your pasta according to package directions. The sauce makes enough to cover 4 servings of pasta.

4. In a blender, blend the sauce with 1 cup of roasted squash (or if using canned, simply stir 1 cup into the pot).

5. Add cooked, drained, and rinsed macaroni into pot, along with cheeze sauce & mix-ins. Heat and serve.

Notes: 1) My 3.5 pound squash made 5 cups cooked squash, so I had about 4 cups leftover. 2) The sauce does not cut in half well (the blender has a hard time blending it up), 3) I tried this recipe with canned pumpkin and it was awesome!

Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/10/03/butternut-squash-mac-n-cheeze/#ixzz2kG6hzNtu

Or you could do what my boyfriend does.

He only eats baked fish, brown rice and broccoli or green beans for dinner. He likes to follow K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The websites 100daysofrealfood.com and thegraciouspantry.com have some great recipes on them.

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/

^^^^ The Gracious Panty is my new go-to site for recipes. I made a skillet spaghetti with ground turkey and tomato sauce last week that was really good (easy and quick, too). My 11 year old really liked it.

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-skillet-spaghetti/
  • LuzyAnne
    Options
    HAVE to try!
  • greatmom2
    greatmom2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Saving for later as we are wanting to get rid of processed and canned foods as much as possible! :) Really needed some great meal ideas for lunch, supper, and snacks.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Pick up a reputable recipe book, and cook from it. The ingredients you choose to cook with it are your choice. Anything you cook from scratch will be less processed than anything you buy pre-made.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    So what is "clean" exactly? It seems to mean different things to different people... I see it a lot on these boards, but don't really know.

It can be used as a few different things. However the word really just means eating good healthy foods. (it is the definition of "good healthy foods" that varies between everyone)

'Clean', as far as I am aware, means food that is 'unprocessed'. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

thats what i consider clean.. alot of those recipes she posted is the types of foods i make..

thanks for the new sites..

if you want to join my group we can share recipes back and forth. make everything from scratch.. i look up recipes and modify.. todays menu is apple walnut glazed lentil loaf, black bean brownies and gf pizza.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18785-motivation-support-and-accountability
  • littleandysmom
    littleandysmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have been eating clean since January of this year. Basically I cut out as many processed foods as I can, white sugar, white flour, extra salt...etc. I also stopped drinking sugary Starbucks drinks. By doing this and exercising I've lost 27lbs since January!
    I use my crock pot quite a bit. For example:
    Salsa Chicken:
    1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 can low sodium black beans
    1 (15oz) bag frozen corn
    1 small jar salsa (or make your own)
    A couple shakes of cumin
    A couple shakes of black pepper
    Stir it up and cook in crock pot for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Then use a fork to shred the chicken. It's delicious over brown rice or even by itself with a little avocado.

You could also add fresh squeezed lime juice and fresh cilantro to change it up.
    Hope that helps!

Sounds delicious!
    Congrats on losing the weight!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    my clean recipe…

pre wash food before cooking
    cook food
    wash again after cooking
    food is now clean and ready to eat
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    lol.. of course that would be your version.. . i bet you cook though with abs like that..

i agree cooking from scratch.. i love knowing what is going in my body

eat food thats the ingredient instead of food with a list of ingredients.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    Engine2 is good
  • MissesForrester
    MissesForrester Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • RemDogzMa
    RemDogzMa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    clean eating all I see is cookies cupcakes and junk food being posted.. what ever happened to good old fashioned vegetables and fruits
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    clean eating all I see is cookies cupcakes and junk food being posted.. what ever happened to good old fashioned vegetables and fruits

there is no "junk food" just food that you use for energy.

eat in a deficit, hit macros, work out = weight loss.