Replies

• tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Everyday!
  • SarahLynne22
    SarahLynne22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I never really weighed myself before, and then when I got weighed at the doctor, I realized I was a whole lot heavier than I thought I was. So, I started weighing myself almost every day and would get really frustrated with the results. I was either losing nothing, or gaining and my DH kept reporting he lost like two pounds just because he didn't have a beer the night before....
    So, this time when I have been trying to lose weight, I decided to weigh myself once a week. I bought a digital scale and weigh myself on Wednesday mornings, my Wednesday Weigh-in. I have found it is much better for my fitness goals. The only time I weigh myself daily is when I do my monthly three-day fast, and that's only cause it makes me keep with the fast when all I wanna do is gorge!
    Good luck with your journey!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day and record my weight in a chart so I can see the general trend. This only works if you don't get to upset by the general fluctuations. My scales can change 2lbs from one day to another!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Every morning.....first thing I do after peeing.....I don't worry about daily fluctuations, tho - they happen :smile: . Use FitBit Aria scales which automatically sync to MFP........
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Once a week, Saturday Morning, first thing.
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I appreciate all the feedback :)
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Every morning.....first thing I do after peeing.....I don't worry about daily fluctuations, tho - they happen :smile: . Use FitBit Aria scales which automatically sync to MFP........

Thank you :) I have a similar scale by Withings and it's awesome, also syncs to MFP so super easy use!
  • Necron33
    Options
    Once every few weeks.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the mornings, but sometimes I forget. I have a fluctuation of +/- five pounds.
  • p00ki3nb00
    p00ki3nb00 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i usually weigh myself twice a month. the 1st my starting, and the 15th in the middle of the month.
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily sorta guy, but then I like a routine so simply doing it every morning after the workout and before brekkie keeps it uniform. I tend to hit my lowest weight of the week on Wednesday-Thursday, as I eat more on the weekend when away from my office routines; knowing this and that I fluctuate in a 3-4 pound range keeps me from obsessing over it. I'm just happy to see it continue its downward trend!

I used to weigh myself at night too, since I found it weird to lose 2-3 pounds between the time I hit the sack and the morning weigh-in (what IS the deal with that, anyway?), but that was more curiosity than anything else. Once I hit my target weight (8 pounds to go, yay!) and switch to maintenance, I expect to reduce weigh-ins as I find my groove.

Mark
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I have an app that takes the weight and makes a graph for me, so I can see the trend. I like graphs.
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Saturday and Sunday morning and record the lightest weight - its usually less on Sunday after my Saturday 500 calorie fasting day. Sometimes I will also weigh myself on Monday morning if periods have kept my weight up over the weekend.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Everyday. I'm too curious.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am in maintenance now I used to weigh in once a week - Saturday morning after rising and visiting the bathroom. I would also get out the measuring tape every second week. Recently I read a post from an engineer who offered the idea that more data gets you more accuracy. People talk about fluctuations but if you only weigh in once a week, how do you know you're not weighing in on a "fluctuation"? It's all in how YOU process the information.

Update- I tried weighing in every day for the past two weeks and captured the info on the graph below:

MFPDailyWeight.jpg

I also included the Net Cals from the PREVIOUS day just to try to give some context. My target for net cals is 1840. As you can see, there were some pretty good fluctuations in there but at the end of the two weeks, I ended up pretty much where I started. The average weight for the two weeks - 140.4667 lbs.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    This topic has been done alot. You should use the search option.

My answer though is that I weigh myself everyday but I know daily fluctuations happen and don't let day to day increases stress me out. Today, for example, was higher than yesterday but I indulged in a yummy DQ Blizzard so I expected it to increase. It's the week over week/month or month numbers that are key.

^^This. Search it...but I'm game. I weigh multiple times through the day since I like to see how my weight fluctuates during the day. I record the weight I get after I wake up and go potty (or the lowest out of the day...sometimes...ok, it was only that once). :-D
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily every morning before my shower. I have a Fitbit Aria scale so it automatically syncs and records it for me. I don't worry about small fluctuations just trends overall. I also WI weekly at my WW meeting.
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Probably 7-14 times a week. I don't care or write it down, I'm really intrigued by the change of weight from, salt, water, food, etc. So I just do it more for fun, and then when my weight goes down I know if it's a fluctuation or if it's actual weight loss.
  • robinsondel
    Options
    I step on the scale every night at the gym. But, that's just to see if I've lost enough to register on it. It only goes to 400lb, damn, I just said ONLY, that's bad lol. After I get to the point where I show up on it, I plan to weigh once a week, but that will probably change just because I'll be so damn excited that I'm not too big to weigh anymore lol
  • Grafakos
    Grafakos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    About 2-3 times a week, but I only "count" the weekend weigh-in. The others are just for the sake of curiosity to see the fluctuations within the week.