Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Does losin weight make u taller ? O.o

Yes.

167310_science-nuke_zpscd576c2f.gif
    What's that, you didn't think someone would have that image.. Well kind person, you were wrong ;-)

Well played sir, well played
  • Yaas_meen
    Yaas_meen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Of course it does, your body doesn't have to fight as much against gravity. :p

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Lord, I hope not! My 6 ft is more than enough.
  • XDiet_SlayerX
    Options
    You might get shorter if you had fat feet ;)
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Posture!!! =) I'm sure losing weight improves that a lot.. so you would stand up straighter and appear taller =) I don't think you will physically grow taller..
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    OHNO!

i better stop.

I am already 5'11"!!!!!

so THATs what happened.

so if i gain some back i can shrink a little, right?

Ditto THAT!!! I think I gained a fraction of an inch...JUUUUST over 5'11'' now...seriously...no really...will get checked at next dr appt. :bigsmile:
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    No, though perhaps you would LOOK taller, as you get slimmer?
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Actually by losing weight, and raising my belly higher I went from a 32 inseam jeans to 36 inseam jeans. So while not taller, I do love that my inseam is now larger than my waist size!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I can't believe these replies.

If you have bad posture cause of a big gut(causes weak lower back). Lets say you measure 5ft 8inches.

You start exercising, posture improves, you do some muscle imbalance work... your back is stronger and you have better posture and measure 5'9"

5'9" > 5'8 so yes.

4 people already suggested maybe posture as being the cause. I don't think that would be considered being taller persay, since when you are measured height wise most people stand tall, thus posture rarely comes into play at that point in time. Technically speaking and all.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hasn't made me taller. But, it's done wonders for my unicorn's back when we go riding.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    from personal experience you dont physically get taller, however being less rotund and more stalk like (haha) you appear taller. people think i have grown. lol. i wish. x
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    no, unless you are an obese child waiting for growth spurt!
    that said, losing weight gives confidence,, one walks tall with head held high when one is not trying to become invisible!LOL
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Only bad thing about losing weight is it makes it easier for the aliens to abduct you. ;-)
  • claretaclara
    claretaclara Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha i really regret posting this :D

i meant just lookin taller not growin or ne thing -.- ugh...:D
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

It's all good, it's been a fun little topic on a Saturday night :-) Thanks for the entertainment and topic!!!
  • Tash128
    Tash128 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    lol I had this same question, But people who lose a lot of weight seem to look taller but I think thats just because they are confident and stand taller.
  • fitnessmare
    Options
    My friend said she got an inch taller after she did yoga for some time. I shrunk an inch so maybe I should try that.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

don't regret it, it's fun and funny!
  • WanderingFaye
    WanderingFaye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hope all of this is true!!! I'm about 5'11 and want to be 6' so bad! But I already have really good posture. Time will tell I guess.
  • vsangelwings95
    vsangelwings95 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    not to pop anyone's bubble, but it was the other way round for me. went from 5'7 to 5'6