Twenty "Pound" Somethings Week 2

Options
kistinbee
kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
Good morning friends! New thread! Thought I'd start by explaining what this group is about once again. We are aiming to lose 20 pounds in 13 weeks. We start a new post every Tuesday and at that time post our weight progress (Which I will do later this morning btw). Everyday we check in and post our meals for the day as well as our exercise (this helps give GREAT ideas to our fellow challengers**I also think it's great to share recipes!)

So, we're onto week 2 and seems like we are all on the right track! As it is still very early this morning, I will check back in a little while with weight and meal plan for the day. (Figuring the meal plan right now). So, good morning and good luck this week! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!:drinker:

Replies

• kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning friends! New thread! Thought I'd start by explaining what this group is about once again. We are aiming to lose 20 pounds in 13 weeks. We start a new post every Tuesday and at that time post our weight progress (Which I will do later this morning btw). Everyday we check in and post our meals for the day as well as our exercise (this helps give GREAT ideas to our fellow challengers**I also think it's great to share recipes!)

So, we're onto week 2 and seems like we are all on the right track! As it is still very early this morning, I will check back in a little while with weight and meal plan for the day. (Figuring the meal plan right now). So, good morning and good luck this week! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning 20#ders.....:drinker:
    2 pounds down for me this week. i'll take it. would like more, but, i know slow wins the long term weight loss battle.
    i had a bagel w/light cream cheese and a soy mild fruit smoothie.
    will be doing my wii fit workout in a few minutes.
    check back in later to see how everyone did.
    good luck
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I am down two pounds. I started at 162.4 and today was 160.2. I was happy with that b/c I had a major binge weekend due to my son's bday and another party. Hopefully this week will go a little better.

All ready rode my bike 12.2 miles this morning.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone!! well i didnt lose any weight this week which i expected i wasnt very disciplined this week. but today is the start of a new week and im gonna work extra hard this week

so im stil 141lb
    16 to go to be extactic
    21 to go to be unbelieveable i can do this!!!!

breakfast
    benefit yougurt 70 cal
    coffee 90 cal
    apple 70 cal

lunch
    lean cusine pizza 340cal
    fiber water 10 cal

dinner ?????

exercise 60 min treadmill and maybe some weights
    have a good day
  • Clover51
    Clover51 Posts: 37
    Options
    I am new here and this sound like a great opportunity to meet new people and lose weight. So when is the goal date? Is there a certain place we post our meals (for everyone to see) or does someone just start a post daily (and we add to it)? I am starting at 170 today so my goal will still be 150 by ???
    Today for breakfast I had a medium apple and 2 glasses of water.
    Thanks for the help!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Stacy
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Okay...here's the stats:

Week 1--171.5
    Week 2--170.0
    Goal (by week 13)--151.5

Total lost--1.5 pounds
    Total remaining--18.5 pounds

I'm actually kind of mad because yesterday I was 169.5 (into the 160s again!!!!) and had maintained that for a couple days, but today I'm up to 170!:grumble: I have been following everything very strictly so I think it very possibly may be because I haven't been able to...um...go to the restroom for the past day and a half and feel SO bloated and crampy! So....waiting for that to get taken care of and I'm sure I'll be back down!!!!!

Here's the meal plan for the day:

Breakfast:
    2 sl. Village Hearth wheat bread, 2 tbsp. Sugar Free Seedless blackberry jam, 1 med. banana, 8. oz. Diet Cran-grape juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM Snack:
    1 c. Strawberry Halves, Soft-baked Kashi TLC Blackberry Graham bar, 2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel Creamer

Lunch:
    **Not sure yet...I did bring a lunch as usual to work, but forgot that we have an all employee meeting over lunch and they are providing food...so I figure I'll see what they have, and then if it's okay I'll eat it, and if not I can eat the lunch I brought.**Either way, I should have extra calories for the day with my Step class tonight.

Afternoon Snack:
    1 med. apple, 100 cal. pack of almonds, Nature Valley Pecan Crunch granola bar

Dinner:
    4 oz. tilapia, 1 c. green beans, 3/4 c. brown rice

PM Snack: As always...depends on calories remaining for the day.

Workout plan--45 minute step class, 15 minute Ab workout

So...there's the plan for the day!!! I wish you all luck! Let's have a GREAT week 2!!!!!!:drinker:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    I am new here and this sound like a great opportunity to meet new people and lose weight. So when is the goal date? Is there a certain place we post our meals (for everyone to see) or does someone just start a post daily (and we add to it)? I am starting at 170 today so my goal will still be 150 by ???
    Today for breakfast I had a medium apple and 2 glasses of water.
    Thanks for the help!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Stacy

Well, this is the post for all of week 2. We just add to it everyday with our meals and exercise. Every Tuesday is a new post with our new weight. And we are going for 13 weeks.

Happy to have you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey Fellow 20#ers!! I am down 6 pounds this week!!! I am SO happy!!! My weight at check in last week was 238.8 and today it is 233!! I just started working on losing weight literally on July 1st so this is fast going for me and I will plateau I know but I am enjoying this kick started weight loss! YAY!! :) Great job to all of you and even if you had a bad week, dont stress it there are still 12 left :) Everyone will have their off weeks so its all good!!
    For breakfast I will be having some mixed fruit and half a protein bar...snack will be the other half of protein bar and a small low sodium V8
    Lunch will be half a grilled chkn salad with light house italian dressing (40 cal per 2 tbspn) and some fruit probly
    Dinner will be the other half of the salad and maybe some sherbert or something!
    And of course lots and lots of H2O!!!
    Exercise - brisk walking in the park for about 30 min and an ab/cardio workout dvd for 30 min...
    Have a great week 2 everyone!!!

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Great to hear some success!! Way to go!! I'm fresh from balling my eyes out...I don't get what's going on!!!!!!!!! In the past week I started adding exercise to my diet. I've been going out for bicycle rides twice daily. So I was expecting to be down a pound or two. Plus, I've been eating really well besides a night at the pub where I had 3 drinks & a soda at the movies....well, here's my results

Starting: 155
    Today: 159 :sad:

I don't understand how this is possible! I'm beyond frustrated!!!!!!!!!!! I felt like my intense bike rides were making a huge difference & I have been making it a point to eat even more fruits and veggies.....

sad :ohwell:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hi everyone

Great to hear some success!! Way to go!! I'm fresh from balling my eyes out...I don't get what's going on!!!!!!!!! In the past week I started adding exercise to my diet. I've been going out for bicycle rides twice daily. So I was expecting to be down a pound or two. Plus, I've been eating really well besides a night at the pub where I had 3 drinks & a soda at the movies....well, here's my results

I don't understand how this is possible! I'm beyond frustrated!!!!!!!!!!! I felt like my intense bike rides were making a huge difference & I have been making it a point to eat even more fruits and veggies.....

Maybe you're gaining more muscle. Don't worry...things will get better. I promise. Just keep at it! The scale will start moving down again!!!:flowerforyou:
  • alanacara
    alanacara Posts: 10
    Options
    Well...after my first week I am down 1 pound. I was 184.5 last week and this week I'm 183.5. I was hoping for a little more...but I am excited the numbers are going down rather than up! Have a great day everyone!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well...after my first week I am down 1 pound. I was 184.5 last week and this week I'm 183.5. I was hoping for a little more...but I am excited the numbers are going down rather than up! Have a great day everyone!

1 pound is GREAT! Keep at it!!!!:drinker:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    congrats to everyone.:flowerforyou: just doing the good eating and the exercising is making a difference in your health and life. the way we feel should be all we need. yea yea i know easier said than done, that scale and food can control our whold life. i know it controls mine. there are days when if i feel really good i find myself eating better. to bad i don't have more of those days. getting there. mind over matter.
    again everyone is doing great....:bigsmile:
    chipper
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

My same old same old... have you checked on your sodium? Also, if you've just incorporated workouts you really need to consume more water. Check again tomorrow after keeping close track to your sodium levels (try to keep them under 1200 to 2400mg a day and getting lots of water. That's so frustrating :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Here's my check-in!

week 1: 201lbs
    week 2: 197.6 lbs (3.5 lbs this week - woah!) I've also lost a couple of inches :happy:

goal weight: 181 lbs
    lbs to go: 16.6

I'm not yet sure what my work out will be today... probably a couple of dvds. NYC ballet work out and some cardio.

BKST: organic oat meal w/ natural PB, 1/2 banana & organic flax meal

snack: nectarine & almonds

lunch: leftovers (delicious summer salad w/ yams, potatoes, carrots, peas, red peppers, grilled chicken, onions & dressing made of fat free yogurt, low fat sour cream, dijon mustard, lemon zest and juice)

snack: chocolate whey protein shake

supper: turkey meatloaf & a veggie

Have a great day everyone! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Week 1- 222
    Week 2 - 214

Goal for the week - make sure to get my cardio in.

Good luck ladies
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Okay...so I ate the work-provided lunch. And I made sure to OVER estimate everything so I don't go over my calories for the day. Here's what I ended up having:

1 hamburger bun with about 1/2 c. BBQ pulled chicken, about a 3 in. piece of corn on the cob, about 1/2 c. baked beans, 1 small white chocolate macadamia nut cookie, 1 dt. coke. So...I really don't think I did too bad. And really I think the portions of everything was probably less, but I said 1/2 c. to be safe. And, with my planned dinner and snacks left for the day, I won't go over. But...since I am pretty full, I may not have all the afternoon snacks I had planned, and then maybe have a PM snack. We'll see...I'll check back later!!!

Glad to see everyone else is doing so well! Pack533...Nice loss!!!!!!! I'm kinda jealous!!!!:blushing:
  • JayEm47
    JayEm47 Posts: 49
    Options
    heyy everyone! im just starting to get back on track with my dieting today so i wanted to join you guys in your challenge! :happy:

this will be week one for me but i guess its week 2 for you guys sooo

my week 2 weight is 150

so far today i had a berry/protein smoothie.
    planning on having some cantaloupe as an afternoon snack
    then probably soup and salad for dinner before i go to work

(wish me luck at work because it is usually where i lose my self control :tongue: i work at friendlys on fountain (which means i just make all of the icecream sundaes) and it is sooo tempting to just eat a couple of m&m's or make my self a small sundae ahhhhh it kills me every time lol)

so far for exercise i did 20 minutes of some cardio max workout and walked on the treadmill for 40 min at 4 mph. about to a 20 minute pilates ab workout then going to try to get some strength training in.

hope everyone else's day is going well! :happy:
  • dthughes
    dthughes Posts: 39
    Options
    WOW!!!! I would love to join in. I just got done reading everything and I am ready for the challenge.

Breakfast: 2 cups of coffee and slim fast
    snack: string cheese
    lunch: 2 cups of mixed greens with turkey
    I think that I am going to grill veggies and chicken tonight.

I have already had 32 oz. of water today. I think that I am about to get on the treadmill and watch a movie till my son gets up.

Yesterday I moved our bedroom tv into the spare bedroom with the treadmill. I figured, while my son takes a nap I can watch a show or movie and walk at the same time. I think that I motivated my husband too... I noticed his tennis shoes by the door and the movie 300 next them.

Tina
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Yay! Glad to have a few new challengers! Go ahead and join in! We are on week 2 which means you aren't far behind. Goal is to lose 20 pounds in 13 weeks! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!:drinker: