• minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    So, how you are doing now?

I've just said that one post above :D
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Like in the video, use calipers. Calipers are an accurate way to track changes in bodyfat. About every two weeks measure the same areas.
  • minuz5
    Options
    Like in the video, use calipers. Calipers are an accurate way to track changes in bodyfat. About every two weeks measure the same areas.

Yeah, I guess I could get a pair of those..
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    If you had doine even a small amount of research you'd know that the data you're purporting as truth is nearly impossible...

If you wanna be like all the bros that get nowhere cuz they wanna maintain a 6 pack and do way too much cardio than go ahead...

You aren't a perfectionist. If you were you'd do some reading rather than ask silly questions and try to argue with reality.

Even calipers are often inaccurate. Mine say I'm 11% no matter where I measure or how big I try and make the folds... Its wrong.. Im more like 15.

You were never 6%. Period.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    BUMP.
  • grantdumas7
    Options
    Is the 5-6 days/week an upper/lower split? Are they compounds? Can you give me a week's worth of workouts? You might not be getting proper rest, which your muscles need for repair (read: growth) depending on the program you're following.

Day 1 Legz : squats, leg presses or whatever you call them, leg curls, calf rises.
    Day 2 Chet's bench press, dumbbell press, inclines dbp, dumbbell flies, push ups
    Day 3 back pull ups, dead lifts, lat pull downs , rows
    Day 4 chest triceps
    Day 5 shoulders biceps
    Day 6 mix , abs and cardio
    Why are working chest twice per week yet legs and back only once? I would look into a program that has more rest days yet allows you to hit each body part more often. All pros beginners or ICF 5x5 for novice would be a good start.
  • minuz5
    Options
    Is the 5-6 days/week an upper/lower split? Are they compounds? Can you give me a week's worth of workouts? You might not be getting proper rest, which your muscles need for repair (read: growth) depending on the program you're following.

Day 1 Legz : squats, leg presses or whatever you call them, leg curls, calf rises.
    Day 2 Chet's bench press, dumbbell press, inclines dbp, dumbbell flies, push ups
    Day 4 chest triceps
    Day 5 shoulders biceps
    Why are working chest twice per week yet legs and back only once? I would look into a program that has more rest days yet allows you to hit each body part more often. All pros beginners or ICF 5x5 for novice would be a good start.

I shift my routine basically when I feel I am incapable of continuing it. I work chest twice a week, because I feel the need to exercise it more. I also, try to do legs and back twice if I am able :D
  • minuz5
    Options
    If you had doine even a small amount of research you'd know that the data you're purporting as truth is nearly impossible...

If you wanna be like all the bros that get nowhere cuz they wanna maintain a 6 pack and do way too much cardio than go ahead...

You aren't a perfectionist. If you were you'd do some reading rather than ask silly questions and try to argue with reality.

Even calipers are often inaccurate. Mine say I'm 11% no matter where I measure or how big I try and make the folds... Its wrong.. Im more like 15.

You were never 6%. Period.

oh we've got some haterzzzz :D
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Can we see a pic of you at 6%, personally I'm curious.

If i was you id start a full body routine, I barely put any muscle on doing split routines, then when i shifted to a full body routine i actually started to see a difference.
  • minuz5
    Options
    Can we see a pic of you at 6%, personally I'm curious.

If i was you id start a full body routine, I barely put any muscle on doing split routines, then when i shifted to a full body routine i actually started to see a difference.

I am at work just now, but if you insist I can send you a picture of myself how I look when I gained the weight, so you can make your judgements. I haven't pictured myself with 6% bf I am afraid. :/
  • grantdumas7
    Options

Day 4 chest triceps
    Day 5 shoulders biceps

I shift my routine basically when I feel I am incapable of continuing it. I work chest twice a week, because I feel the need to exercise it more. I also, try to do legs and back twice if I am able :D
    Do you fee like you "need" to work chest more or is it you like working chest more? I can almost guarantee if you haven't been lifting for any significant amount of time, you don't have one bodypart you need to bring up.
  • minuz5
    Options
    I feel like I neglected my chest with my workouts that's why I tend to have two days of chest + something else. And you're right, I haven't been lifting significant amount of time. I was focusing on cardio and less on compounds...
  • sheep_dog
    sheep_dog Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't have anything to contribute besides a bump for future interest and a comment:

For the people hating on him for his concerns, you can quit with your big **** syndrome. After working hard to reach a low body fat percentage, it is common sense and normal human psychology for him to not want to gain some body fat back even if it's an unavoidable circumstance.

Best of luck bulking!
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    Fact is, if he has been relying on a digital scale for his BF%, it is most likely considerably off. I was at 6% BF once, about 25 yrs ago. It is near impossible to stay there for a long period. 8-10% is usually much more doable. I am betting that is where he started out at myself. But the pics would help alot.... And I too would say eat around 2-300 above your tdee and focus on compound lifts for your bulking cycle ......
  • minuz5
    Options
    Fact is, if he has been relying on a digital scale for his BF%, it is most likely considerably off. I was at 6% BF once, about 25 yrs ago. It is near impossible to stay there for a long period. 8-10% is usually much more doable. I am betting that is where he started out at myself. But the pics would help alot.... And I too would say eat around 2-300 above your tdee and focus on compound lifts for your bulking cycle ......

Well, fair enough, I can't really rely on the digital scales I have. But I do see a big difference now, and then. Whereas I was hardly able to pinch much of the skin fold on my lower abdomen at the time, now I have a good 15-20mm of skin there. So my bf definitely increased.

And for your note about nearly impossible period of time with 6% bf I can say that for that time being I was doing cardio every day, would leave gym basically wet. My diet was decent, there weren't much fluctuation in my daily consumed macros and my workout routine. Again, can't be 100% sure what was the bf as far as I was using digital scales(which showed 6%), but the skin fold was reduced to minimum.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I used the 7 point and 9 point caliper methods. I was able to get right at 6-8mm folds on all pinch sites. That equates to around 6 - 8%BF .....most of my pinch sites were 6mm, that comes in around 6-6.3%BF.

Normally I was in the 8-10mm range, which put me @ 8-9.5%BF ......

I was checked frequently back then, as I was in the US Military, and was listed as Obese by the POS BMI system.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options

Whereas I was hardly able to pinch much of the skin fold on my lower abdomen at the time, now I have a good 15-20mm of skin there. So my bf definitely increased.

People gain weight differently, but my lower ab skin fold is 12mm at approx. 13% BF and 16mm at 15% BF.
  • Dr_Gains
    Dr_Gains Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The best way is to just go over tdee by a max of about 300 cals. Nice slow and steady bulk all the way. Minimizes the unnecessary get sloppy fat gains and gives body everything it needs for growth day in and day out.
  • trickduffin
    trickduffin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a little late to your question, but I think this is a great site that answers your question, and might help others as well.

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/results.php

The whole site is free, and filled with great honest information.